No_Smoking
all your base are belong to us
+35|6849|Sacramento
I will buy this game and make sweet love to it. Im a big Sci-Fi buff, so this stuff tickles my pickle. 2142 ftw!

(I will still play bf2 however because its still awesome!)

xbrandomx wrote:

StokoE wrote:

Battlefield should stick to being guns and not this laser crap.

BF2 is war on field.. not in the middle of space..

This should not be associated with bf2.. a totally awesome game being degraded to space ship shit
I agree 100%

If anything re-do one of the older games.  1942, Vietnam, Korean, ColdWar (as if it happened and you're fighting in Russia).

Something else other then space-super-laser-bullet-i-can-kill-you-in-less-then-1-shot-game.
its not "lasers" I heard, "Projectile ammunition" is used forgot where I read that, but there you have it. Not lasers!

Last edited by No_Smoking (2006-05-09 01:30:39)

Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6808|Brisbane, Australia

No lasers, but blue muzzle flashes, really large tracers on carbines, ect, I dont care, aslong as There is no ghillie suit to make this game full of ewoks, Im fine
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6825|Australia
Im really not that impressed by that video.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6996|Bryan/College Station, TX
Someone mentioned Star Wars and Mechwarrior. I personally think the trailer reminded me of Assault missions in UT2004. The Assault game mode is very similar in having goals to complete before moving on. Although it changes the spawn point to the last goal area once you take it. Just an observation.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
GuestHead
+2|6773

evilduckz wrote:

Wow looks absolutly retarded.
Halo + Starwars + BF2 + Mechwarriors = Halowar: BattleMech's 2142 = Battlefield 2142 for the loss
Yep, pretty much.  Glad to see the biggest game producing corporation in the world can come up with their own ideas for a game.... 

BTW, bullets are projectiles. 
Apparently in the future there will be a new chemical to use in place of gunpowder that produces blue muzzleflash instead of a bright, yellowish white.  Ok, fine.  No technological marvels there. 
How would you program a flying robot to shoot at enemies and not friendlies?? Do friendly soldiers have little "friendly" tracking devices in their helmets?  If that's the case, steal an enemy's helmet and watch him get killed by his own bot thing.   Don't forget what the recoil of two mgs will do to a little flying robot.  It better be damn good at compensating for it. 

Cloaking technology for snipers?  I'm sure we'll see that in reality sometime soon............  Why not just make something that's not designed to be the least bit realistic to appease the kind of gamers who couldn't care less about realism?  While you're at it, make it a console game since the majority of PC gamers tend to appreciate at least some sense of realism.  Wait, that's Halo. 

This really shouldn't be a battlefield game.  The first 2 BF games dealt with non-fictional conflicts and the third deals with a very likely fictional conflict.   Call this something else and it could be a good game if it were handed over to a developer who cares more about making good games than making money. 

Sorry folks, this one looks like it's aimed mostly at children.  If that's your type of game, then have fun with it.  It's not mine.
Perhaps I'll be proved wrong when this is released.  At this point all anyone can do is speculate.

Last edited by GuestHead (2006-05-09 12:55:33)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6847|San Francisco
Don't forget Unreal Tournament 2004...the Titan mode seems a lot like Onslaught.
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6832
I really couldn't give a rats ass about graphics to be honest . I PLAY games because they are fun to play , graphics come second IMO . I KNOW Q:ET is going to be better then 2142 by game DESIGN . Looks are only skin deep .

I stopped playing BF2 months ago . I never had a game that ended in pure frustration every time I played .
Not quite like BF2 . So many frustrating situtations repeted like clock work . This game alone is respocible for about 20 coined terms lol . Anyhow I bought the special forces exspantion pack and it was just more of the same . I played and hated BF1942 . I gave both BF2 and BF2SF a try . I'm done with this series for ever .

It's funny though . I'm once back again playing the free version of ET enemy territory and still having a blast after all these years .I love the objectives , I love saving the day and finally reparing the bridge to get the tank across . Much more satisfying then capping a flag that will be recapped by the enemy the second I leave it lol  I LOVE the fact that you reup every game or everythree maps . You have something to look foward to every time you play . It's a race and a side game to show whos best not some stats record . I couldn't give a rats ass about "stats" . With all the stats padding that happened ALL STATS ARE RENDERED OBSOLETE ! Sorry but that's just the way I see it .

I simply can't wait for Q:ET . It's gonna kick ass !
xbrandomx
+9|6803

jonnykill wrote:

I really couldn't give a rats ass about graphics to be honest . I PLAY games because they are fun to play , graphics come second IMO . I KNOW Q:ET is going to be better then 2142 by game DESIGN . Looks are only skin deep .

I stopped playing BF2 months ago . I never had a game that ended in pure frustration every time I played .
Not quite like BF2 . So many frustrating situtations repeted like clock work . This game alone is respocible for about 20 coined terms lol . Anyhow I bought the special forces exspantion pack and it was just more of the same . I played and hated BF1942 . I gave both BF2 and BF2SF a try . I'm done with this series for ever .

It's funny though . I'm once back again playing the free version of ET enemy territory and still having a blast after all these years .I love the objectives , I love saving the day and finally reparing the bridge to get the tank across . Much more satisfying then capping a flag that will be recapped by the enemy the second I leave it lol  I LOVE the fact that you reup every game or everythree maps . You have something to look foward to every time you play . It's a race and a side game to show whos best not some stats record . I couldn't give a rats ass about "stats" . With all the stats padding that happened ALL STATS ARE RENDERED OBSOLETE ! Sorry but that's just the way I see it .

if you stopped playing... why are you on this forum?
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6858|Antarctica

xbrandomx wrote:

jonnykill wrote:

if you stopped playing... why are you on this forum?
Good question...
First_and_Only
+4|6729|ON, Canada
because he has nothing better to do who cares this games gonna kick ass when it comes out in a year....
jonnykill
The Microwave Man
+235|6832
Why do I still post here after giving up the game ? Because talking/griping about BF2 and drawing pictures about it is more fun then playing it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard