unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

[e: *sigh* 2nd edit. i'm failing at tags today]
[e2: lurn2preview, noob]

In no particular order:

1. Battlefield Bad Company 2 (title fixed)
they really should take the Battlefield out of this series, because it belongs less than a ball in a set of blocks.
2. Call of Duty: Black Ops
Overhyped, glitchy and boring (at least after the second time), unless you enjoy the multiplayer.
3. Medal of Honor (2010)
See above.
4. Aliens vs Predator
This is another example what happens when you take a long-standing FPS series and shift it to console. The simplified controls doesn't make this game any easier to play, it just makes it awkward and difficult. Aside from not being able to high-jump as a predator on the spot, alien wall-climbing is not nearly as seamless as in the previous two.
5. Mafia 2: Jimmy's Vendetta
This is essentially a watered-down remix of Mafia 2. The only difference is that Agent 47 has been infused with an obnoxious personality for his leading cameo as the playable character.

[...]

6. Minecraft
This issue has been addressed hundreds of times. It's pure sandbox, and either you like it or you don't. Fair enough if it appears in this thread. There are a noticeable lack of things to do once you've seen the sights, built the shit and mined every material. Beyond that, all you have left is documenting tunnel networks, building superstructures or playing with redstone. In that respect, the game is currently awful. If you don't hit multiplayer, I don't see how you could play this game for very long. But despite everything Minecraft needs, I feel it's a step in the right direction. Terrain manipulation isn't something new in the gaming industry, but it's never really been done to this scale.

The pay-for-alpha complaint is as invalid as whining about people pre-ordering any other game. If people bought the game in the alpha, they've bought the gold and all subsequent addons. The bonus is that we still get to play a (fairly) stable game before it's even released. In Notch's place, I'd have done the same thing.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

You left out Fifa11, Mr. Gaming Guru
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

What's the point in Fifa 11 anyway?

If I want to play soccer I'll go outside and play soccer. Watching soccer, well they have stadiums for that too. And pro teams to fill them.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I didn't play Fifa 11, so I didn't feel qualified to rate it either way.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

AussieReaper wrote:

If I want to play soccer I'll go outside and play soccer. Watching soccer, well they have stadiums for that too. And pro teams to fill them.
erm go join the military if you want to shoot a gun or be in a war....you played bf2, yes?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

11 Bravo wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

erm go join the military if you want to shoot a gun or be in a war....you played bf2, yes?
You don't play fps because you want to be in a war. You play fps because you don't want to be in a war.

I don't see how soccer could be enjoyable on a console is all.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

To each their own. I liked MLB'09 The Show and haven't been to and actual baseball game in ages. The last time I played was a casual game in like 2004 where we were doing stupid shit like back-handed and multiple-bat batting.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

AussieReaper wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

You don't play fps because you want to be in a war. You play fps because you don't want to be in a war.

I don't see how soccer could be enjoyable on a console is all.
mate i dont want to run for 90 minutes
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

AussieReaper wrote:

Lugaru HD

what the fuck is this shit? Bought it with one of the steam indie packs or something, hunble indie bumble maybe?

It's shit.
Himble Indie Bundle. I got it too, have yet to play it. The combat mechanics are supposed to be fairly decent, but the graphics and sound make my head spin...
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Yeah, I got Lugaru from the Humble Indie Bundle too, but haven't played it yet.
From what I've seen in the trailer, the game looks nothing more than a tech demo for Overgrowth to me, with generic placeholder textures and low-polygon dummy characters.

$10 for this seem way too much. Glad that I only paid $5 for the whole Indie Bundle.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6736|UK
Yeah lugaru HD is pretty weird, not bad combat mechanics though. Pretty fucking hard when you get bum rushed by like 3 guys though.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

I bought Lagaru from the indie bundle.

I'm a cheap bastard and bought that bundle for $0.01

I felt compelled this year to be a little more generous.

I payed $0.02
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

tazz. wrote:

I payed $0.02

You're costing them more fees than your donations cover.

I donated ~90% of my $5 to the Child's Play charity and the remaining 10% for the developers, EFF and tip.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

tazz. wrote:

I payed $0.02
Well dunno about you but I would have paid $0.02.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

GT5 is teh bestest game in 2010 and 2011
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51
Black Ops
Black Ops
Black Ops
Medal of Honor
CnC4
Black Ops
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

globefish23 wrote:

tazz. wrote:

I payed $0.02

You're costing them more fees than your donations cover.

I donated ~90% of my $5 to the Child's Play charity and the remaining 10% for the developers, EFF and tip.
Well then they should have been smart and made the minimum donation slightly higher.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

That's silly. You don't see the Salvation Army rejecting anything under a dollar.

It's up to you not to look like a turd from 'generously' plunking a penny into their bucket.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
In hindsight Starcraft 2 was a massive disappointment for me. It's 100% more of the same and as such I played it for only a month after I got terribly bored with the game.

Can't say for the other 4 as I havent bought/played that many games.
inane little opines
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Starcraft 2 had nowhere else to go but more of the same. In that respect, I don't think they could have done a finer job. It's just that I haven't felt like being very competitive online.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
I played diamond in 3 different leagues and I didn't feel like it was that much of a tactical fight. 90% of the cases you're stuck doing the exact same tactics with your opponent regurgitating the same shit over and over again aswell. Even if you don't, it's so much more of the same that the mechanics at its core bored me to the point of quitting. To add to that there's not alot of maps in the whole ladder business and even fewer that I found fun.

Seeing people in the pro tournaments and the like is something else entirely though, it's as if they're playing a different game.

The singleplayer campaign was OK I'd say, I absolutely loved the amount of cutscenes.
inane little opines
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

diamond on ladder or diamond in shitty leagues?

I got to a point where I was diamond on ladder for 2v2 but I haven't played it in like 2-3 months now.  It's still a fun game, I just don't have the time and competitive drive to play online at this moment.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
diamond ladder 1v1, 2v2random & 2v2 team
inane little opines
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

dayarath wrote:

diamond ladder 1v1, 2v2random & 2v2 team
what specifically about the mechanics didn't you like? the simplicity of the individual unit's attack/defend mechanisms?

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2011-01-04 10:18:16)

{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
Play4Free battlefield

Play4Free battlefield

Play4Free battlefield

Play4Free battlefield

Play4Free battlefield

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard