dirtyepics
+19|6740|England
When I'm in a tank with full health how comes I get deaded when shot once?? I've heard some urban myths about a weak spot.  Any thoughts?
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6751|Vienna- Austria
lol... i need 4 shots with an eryx.. all hit.. i get killed by one (in a tank i mean) O.o but well dunno bout this one..
Jester.retseJ
+4|6739|Toronto, On
The front/back area of your tank treads are the weak spot, one shot will set you smoking usually. Those AT guys are getting smart!

Oh... and fear the TOW. One shot from this in the right place for any vehicle/heli and you're dead. Always blow up the TOW station first... learned that after many deaths.
[FIS]-Thor
+0|6751|Vienna- Austria
jep got that 2. was in a black hawk and my pilot was goin nutz.. then i saw the rocket of the TOW flying towards me like in bullet time.. i cried for"counter measures" but they dont work ^^.. well so i bailed... the BH was blown into 100s of lil pieces... and the explosion got me also O.o
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6778|AUS, Canberra
yeh one hit with the tow to the front or back of the treads is death.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6789

sometimes even one shot from another tank is enough to destroy you.  from my experience its completely random and you can't aim for the "critical shot".  it just happens randomly
dirtyepics
+19|6740|England
Nothing is more satisfying than see a SF trying to C4 your tank, jumping out before he does it and nailing him.

Just thought I'd add that!
RDMC_old
+0|6744|Almere, Holland

superfly_cox wrote:

sometimes even one shot from another tank is enough to destroy you.  from my experience its completely random and you can't aim for the "critical shot".  it just happens randomly
i do think there are weaksports.. because the the top and the bottom of a tank is in real life also a weak spot.. so.. that's what is think
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6771

dirtyepics wrote:

Nothing is more satisfying than see a SF trying to C4 your tank, jumping out before he does it and nailing him.

Just thought I'd add that!
Except being the SF, and then jumping in after you get out and nailing you.
You're dead, and I get a free kamikaze tank.

Last edited by Coolbeano (2005-11-25 08:05:20)

dirtyepics
+19|6740|England
That is also very true but then I'm normally SF so.....................
[GR]OBrian
+0|6738

superfly_cox wrote:

Sorry to bring you down but its all acounted for. The good and weak spots on the tank.. 
[img]http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/tankhitpoints1.jpg[/img]
and so is for the rest of the cars/tanks and so on....
See for your selves here...
[url]http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/hitpoints.php[/url]
CackNBallz
+45|6751|Toronto, Canada
I've killed tanks with one shot by shooting at the tread most of the time and especially when it's coming up a hill to a flat surface and you can see it's underside for a second before it levels out.
BladeRunner
+5|6756|UK

Jester.retseJ wrote:

Oh... and fear the TOW. One shot from this in the right place for any vehicle/heli and you're dead
Also, you can kill in one shot from the anti-tank launcher. It's not easy, but aim under the tank and at the last minute bring the rocket up. Hitting the underside of the tank makes it go pop.
[SF]SWAMPFOX
+1|6574|US- ALABAMA
A buddy of mine and I were trying to experiment with this in single player co-op.  We found that since the vehicles have reactive armor some of the rounds that impact have a slight bounce off effect. The key is to get the round to bounce back into the tank.  We have fired hundreds of tank rounds into eachothers tank and found that if you graze the barrel of the enemy tank and then hit the t-80 in the rim of the cupola the tank is more likely to take more damage if not explode after being on fire.  Also skimming a round off the top of the body of the tank into the underside of the turret will have a double shot effect.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6686|Middle of nowhere

BladeRunner wrote:

Jester.retseJ wrote:

Oh... and fear the TOW. One shot from this in the right place for any vehicle/heli and you're dead
Also, you can kill in one shot from the anti-tank launcher. It's not easy, but aim under the tank and at the last minute bring the rocket up. Hitting the underside of the tank makes it go pop.
really?

i should remember that...
Breadman
+27|6741|Southern New Jersey
I was playing warlord last night and got a couple 1 shot kills on tanks with my tank. If you hit tank just right in the front of the turret it's instant death. Tanks has a sweet spot just under the canon on the turret. 2 good shots in the front or rear of the tracks kills a tank. I got called a hacker by guy in tank I killed with 1 shot several times. Kept bitching to everyone I was using a aimbot. Everyone in server was telling him to stfu. He ending up getting kicked by admin. Admin gave "LITTLE CRY BABY" as kick reason.

I like the atv C4er's in SF. This stupid ass lastnight kept running in  tanks and apcs with his C4 loaded atv. Every time he killed me he killed himself. Totally making a jackass out of himself since he got -2 teampoints everytime.
At end of round he had -26 team points from suiciding himself. Everyone in server was calling him a noob.
Shit if you can't JIHAD right don't do it at all. To me getting - teampoints is not worth getting the kill.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-09 14:15:06)

Hummeth
+4|6652|Wisconsin

[SF]SWAMPFOX wrote:

A buddy of mine and I were trying to experiment with this in single player co-op.  We found that since the vehicles have reactive armor some of the rounds that impact have a slight bounce off effect. The key is to get the round to bounce back into the tank.  We have fired hundreds of tank rounds into eachothers tank and found that if you graze the barrel of the enemy tank and then hit the t-80 in the rim of the cupola the tank is more likely to take more damage if not explode after being on fire.  Also skimming a round off the top of the body of the tank into the underside of the turret will have a double shot effect.
Yup. Thats the way to do it. Graze one off the tread cover and have it bounce into the space between teh turret and the body.
VidSicious
+25|6782
2 nights ago I was on the Firefight server playing Mass Destruction.  I was running to the scrapyard when all of a sudden the tank blew straight up to the top of the tall trees surrounding the scrapyard and straight down again.  I don't know what hit that thing or where, but the driver was on Ventrillo and said it was one hell of a ride!  A lot of things were shooting at him: heli, eryx, BMP.  FF is not off.  Never seen that one before, but wish I was in the tank.  LOL.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6746|The Hague, Netherlands

with this : http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/tankvstank.html it also shows how to kill a tank with 1 shot, its with another tank but dunno with the eryx and stuff

*press click for vid
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
SeskKiller
+-1|6571|Canada, QC
Yea there are weak spots, for AT vs Tank, for Tank VS Tank and for general pwning, anyway the AT spots are well known but Tank VS Tank 1hit kill is more of an elusive shadow... ohh i like it when i do it and people are like : "WTF YOU @#$%EN HACKER IM GUNNA REPORT YOUR @$$ TO EA Blablabla..."

Anyway anyone know where to hit the APC for the one hit kill ? I know where approx. but not exactly where...

EDIT: Yea thats the thing Alpha, but it's way harder to actually do when there is someone that wants to rip your head off in that tank, so don't even think about hoping in a tank and blwoing people up with this method.

Last edited by SeskKiller (2006-05-10 11:09:06)

cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6717
1 shot to kill is alot easier on the USMC tanks.  You can't drive over a grain of sand with out taking damage even after the reduce the damage in 1.2 patch which makes some of the other high damage shots a kill.  On average I would say that any US tank that has taken 1.5 to 3 bars of damage before it reaches the battle witch is a big disadvantage @ 2 well placed hits instead of 3.
^*AlphA*^
F*ckers
+3,135|6746|The Hague, Netherlands

SeskKiller wrote:

Yea there are weak spots, for AT vs Tank, for Tank VS Tank and for general pwning, anyway the AT spots are well known but Tank VS Tank 1hit kill is more of an elusive shadow... ohh i like it when i do it and people are like : "WTF YOU @#$%EN HACKER IM GUNNA REPORT YOUR @$$ TO EA Blablabla..."

Anyway anyone know where to hit the APC for the one hit kill ? I know where approx. but not exactly where...

EDIT: Yea thats the thing Alpha, but it's way harder to actually do when there is someone that wants to rip your head off in that tank, so don't even think about hoping in a tank and blwoing people up with this method.
Well done it allot of times, just drive up to the tank with an attitude like : Whats your prob punk,  and well i have  to say, you have to have some luck but ones you've made that shot you'll win if he hasn't hit you the same way
https://bf3s.com/sigs/36eac2cb6af70a43508fd8d1c93d3201f4e23435.png
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6797|Singapore

You got pwned.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6576

SeskKiller wrote:

I practiced it on a local lan server, the spot is somewhere near the tires. I wasn't able to figure out where exactly the spot is. Out of 30-40 testshots, i've done it maybe 3-4 times.

For the Eryx/Sraw/RPG-7 - they work wonders on the underside of a tank/apc.
Des.Kmal
+917|6626|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

[FIS]-Thor wrote:

lol... i need 4 shots with an eryx.. all hit.. i get killed by one (in a tank i mean) O.o but well dunno bout this one..
Hmm... I only need 3 with the sraw.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard