HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5481|Bolingbrook, Illinois
anyone have a good guide to sitting at jita and buying low and selling high?
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA
Better idea is to get a battleship with 1400mm arty on it and sit on the jita gate and gank haulers and steal their shit.

Best way, scan contracts and see what the average prices are for certain items, then buy accordingly.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2010-12-28 06:40:36)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Volatile
+252|6702|Sextupling in Empire

Market trading in jita can be a pain in the ass with the bots(aka people without lives) .01 isk bumping orders. I personally have not messed with items on the market to generate isk, but I have spent some time with contracts. If you have the liquid isk and patience you can do really well. For example, you can put up a buy order contract for a large faction tower, and once it's accepted turn it around for 300-500m profit. I think the most I have made off of a contract turn-around was maybe 1b on an officer heavy neut, but I think it took about 10 days for someone to accept the buy order I had up and then 3 or 4 days for some to buy it off of me.

A lot of people don't bother with contract trading because of the fees associated with setting them up, 'cause sometimes you'll have competition and if you're not careful you can just start pissing away isk with canceling and making new contracts. With a little research though you'll be able to see what's happening and know where to invest your isk and which traders to avoid/work around.
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
Who wants to give me a free 21 day trial?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum

Volatile wrote:

Market trading in jita can be a pain in the ass with the bots(aka people without lives) .01 isk bumping orders. I personally have not messed with items on the market to generate isk, but I have spent some time with contracts. If you have the liquid isk and patience you can do really well. For example, you can put up a buy order contract for a large faction tower, and once it's accepted turn it around for 300-500m profit. I think the most I have made off of a contract turn-around was maybe 1b on an officer heavy neut, but I think it took about 10 days for someone to accept the buy order I had up and then 3 or 4 days for some to buy it off of me.

A lot of people don't bother with contract trading because of the fees associated with setting them up, 'cause sometimes you'll have competition and if you're not careful you can just start pissing away isk with canceling and making new contracts. With a little research though you'll be able to see what's happening and know where to invest your isk and which traders to avoid/work around.
speaking of contracts;

http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=833
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock

HaiBai wrote:

anyone have a good guide to sitting at jita and buying low and selling high?
I have a toon that started with whatever isk you get when you start. I have half a bill on him. Havent played in a while though so I could have more if I still had net.
CC-Marley
+407|6826

bennisboy wrote:

I will Bennis. How's it work?
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland

CC-Marley wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

I will Bennis. How's it work?
Its alright man, FM has already pm'd me
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6468
hahahahaha FM still lurking, months after 'leaving', to issue PM commands

hahahahahahahahaha
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
bennisboy
+829|6644|Poundland
why are the majority of the hair options so incredibly emo?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
the char creator you'll have access to now has been around since eve launched i think. brand new one comes out in a fortnight - looks incredible.

tl'dr just make your avatar look like a butte, we get new ones on the 14th jan
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/ccpgames?blend=2&ob=4#p/c/F614A7A6461E61E1/0/ejX0Rym0NZw[/youtube]

the angry dude in that was made using the coming-soon char creator
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
someone make that link embed
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire

FatherTed wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
stupid miners shoulda been aligned

noobs
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6498|so randum
and wtf with all these freighters not just jumping out. it's not like they had aggression i mean what the fuck

adams if you dont get back into RHI im going to hurt you (sexually)
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
HaiBai
i got the exact formula for the broker's fee in case anyone wants it:

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as … ID=1440333

apparently the exact one wasn't known
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6516|Montucky
Adams_BJ

FatherTed wrote:

and wtf with all these freighters not just jumping out. it's not like they had aggression i mean what the fuck

adams if you dont get back into RHI im going to hurt you (sexually)
ill be there bro dont kick me out eh. but the big wigs declined my fuel contract last I sent it Maybe once im back they'll take it, whats the market done in jita lately? Up or down?
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6719|Ireland | Monaghan

PL just got raped. Titans and supercaps.

Heard it here last cause I was out on the piss. Pms, if you see this, in your face you wanker, get told.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
CC-Marley
+407|6826
Some ass just took out my new cruiser while on my first low sec mission. Now I'm broke again.....grrrr
https://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/CC-Marley/108937923-4.jpg
RIP

Last edited by CC-Marley (2010-12-31 13:23:29)

Christbane
+51|6232
check your wallet.
CC-Marley
+407|6826
Wow! Thanx!
Christbane
+51|6232
no problem!  set up a couple more mission ships and have at it.
HaiBai
fyi teds im gonna pay you pack that 20mil you gave me once, with interest

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard