Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657
So I've got considerable experience with the tv missle and choppers now(near 200 hours). Yesterday something happened that I'd never seen before.

I was on Dalian gunning in the chopper for PLA. We're owning the crap out of the USMC and tv'ing everything taking off. I see a BH with 4 people in it coming. Bam, I hit it with the tv. Somehow I managed to kill one of the passengers while the BH itself was just fine. I think I hit one of the passengers which is why the BH itself was fine. Anyone else had this happen?
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6758|The United Center
yep.  ive done it with tank shells and AA too.
MURcarnage
CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL!
+86|6669|San Francisco, CA
yeah..about that splash damage...well, at least you can be well knowing off that you probably injured ANOTHER player on the BH and will eventually get a kill assist!
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6676
I remeber that considerably well.. lol

What I think happened was you killed a guy on the actuall gun, a case of the game being fucked up as usual,  the most annoying is TV's not fireing, or just going straight through..
Skinnister
+43|6736|UK
i was playing last night and i shot at a enemy attack chopper with the TV, it was a dead centre hit but it just went straight though it WTF?
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6832|Delaware

Skinnister wrote:

i was playing last night and i shot at a enemy attack chopper with the TV, it was a dead centre hit but it just went straight though it WTF?
It's a rendering problem. While your computer shows the tv missile being shot, it takes one second longer for the server to process that shot, so if the chopper doesn't die, you actually did miss 9 times out of 10. There are occasions where there's a fuckup and it just doesn't reigster though.
Picouz/VoiD
The Insomniac
+39|6676

Picouz/VoiD wrote:

the most annoying is TV's not fireing, or just going straight through..
RossDargan
+2|6576
It has happened to me before - if you run out of fuel just before the target your missile blows up and you get splash damage as said above.

It sucks - not as much as when your missile passes through a heli (or even worse a plane!) without blowing. Gutting.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6785|Noizyland

That's nothing. I've had my TV missiel pass right through the middle of the damn Blackhawk. It wasn't a glitch, it actually flew through the middle!
I brought it down with the next one though. I have an unpaid debt to D4rkPh03n1x for teaching me how to use those things.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
RossDargan
+2|6576
Yip, Tv missiles are by far the most fun wepon in the game. Someone from a clan I used to play with taught me how to do it... I have never looked back!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6800|Singapore

Solo TV FTW.
a fly
+105|6655|The netherlands

polarbearz wrote:

Solo TV FTW.
nononono, solo TV vs planes FTW ;-)
RossDargan
+2|6576

a fly wrote:

polarbearz wrote:

Solo TV FTW.
nononono, solo TV vs planes FTW ;-)
If I could Karma you, I would - so true!
CrazeD
+368|6684|Maine
I've never done that to a blackhawk, but I've hit the gunner on a tank, and shot people out of jeeps.
im_in_heaven
+27|6599
lots of glitches. I hate when im lined up and i shoot the tv and you hear the noise of it shooting but nothing shot
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6717|Antarctica
The missile prob blew up right as it get near the BH, and was only close enough to kill the passenger.
Torin
+52|6703
The only logical explanation is Vengence's... unless it is possible to hit a passenger dead on, kill them and keep going. If the TV exploded on a passenger, the BH would be gone too. Could you tell if the BH was smoking afterwards?

On a side note, TV missiles are buggy as crap since 1.2. Some latency issues, some clipping issues.. I've had TV missiles pass directly through non-moving targets, so I know it isn't an issue of server:client lag.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6705|Howell, Mi USA

Torin wrote:

The only logical explanation is Vengence's... unless it is possible to hit a passenger dead on, kill them and keep going. If the TV exploded on a passenger, the BH would be gone too. Could you tell if the BH was smoking afterwards?

On a side note, TV missiles are buggy as crap since 1.2. Some latency issues, some clipping issues.. I've had TV missiles pass directly through non-moving targets, so I know it isn't an issue of server:client lag.
Same here dude, i've had TV missles pass right though targets, and other times ill be off a little and actually hit the target, it's crazy.

anywho ive had gunners killed out of the HIND by an AT rocket without taking much damage to the chopper. most times AT rocket + HIND = Armor down to half and smoking. instead my gunner was killed, it's weird.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6791|Great Brown North

Cbass wrote:

Torin wrote:

Same here dude, i've had TV missles pass right though targets, and other times ill be off a little and actually hit the target, it's crazy.

anywho ive had gunners killed out of the HIND by an AT rocket without taking much damage to the chopper. most times AT rocket + HIND = Armor down to half and smoking. instead my gunner was killed, it's weird.
ive had that happen, ive shot many a cocky pilot out of their chopper with my AT rockets
Torin
+52|6703
There is something really wacky about Blackhawks too. More than any other vehicle, I notice TV missiles just going straight through a Blackhawk. Often, I think I'm flying the missile right through the gap in the middle of the Blackhawk, but it just happens way too often to be that. Even when I specifically aim for the front glass area or the tail rudder, it often passes through when it seems I should hit. Doesn't happen on the MI-8 or any other heli as often, but the Blackhawk is just weird. I think since stuff can pass through that middle area, the Blackhawk has a really unusual hit-box, and as a result, TV missiles and AT rockets can pass through much easier.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6657

Torin wrote:

Yeah, that would seem to make sense. I don't remember exactly how far away it was so it's hard for me to tell. I know the BH was fine afterwards. Actually a jet came and raped it right after. It took some mg fire and then a missle hit it to finish it off. I guess if the missle did blow right in front of the chopper then I experienced something really rare.
evilduckz
+1|6575
Happend to me before, its more dissapointing when you click (fully reloaded) and it makes the fire noise but no missle fires!
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6602|Reisterstown, MD

It's funny.  Yesterday on Sharqi, my squadmate and I stole the MEC chopper and proceeded to rape them with it.  I saw a tank and was in position to TV it.  The TV missle hit dead on the tank but the tank didn't blow up.  The person inside died tho because the tank stopped moving and someone from our team jumped in and took off.  I was like wtf? lol
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6664
If you TV guide a chopper and they somehow survived it, it's most likely because you ran out of fuel milliseconds before you were going to hit the chopper. I'ts happened to me once or twice, left the chopper smokin' but not dead
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Deadlift
+9|6692
The most annoying bug is if you are in a dogfight and the missiles reload is almost done... but shortly before its finished the reload starts over again.
Happend to me twice yet.

Oh yeah the TV Bug... my gunner shot a tv right through the middle of the bh...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard