Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

What's the hold up then?
Washington ..
ah...   I guess that's the joy of having a system too slow to get anything meaningful done.
thats the fed man .. I hate to keep repeating myself, but you know
Xbone Stormsurgezz
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6159|what

Dunno if anyone here has seen Striped (you should it's got Bill Murray)

Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
John Winger: [John and Russell look at each other] You mean, like, flaming, or...
Recruiter: Well, it's a standard question we have to ask.
Russell Ziskey: No, we're not homosexual, but we are *willing to learn*.
John Winger: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
Recruiter: I guess that's "no" on both. Now if you could just give Uncle Sam your autograph...
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6687|Disaster Free Zone

AussieReaper wrote:

Dunno if anyone here has seen Striped (you should it's got Bill Murray)
Who hasn't seen stripes more like it.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6655

Does this mean heterosexuals will now be allowed to join the Navy?
oChaos.Haze
+90|6444
From my childhood friend, Green Beret, just returned from Afghanistan, with shrapnel in his gut, shoulder, and hip.  He is also staunchly conservative and planning on using his military accomplishments as a vault to politics.  This has been his goal since childhood.   Logical Conservative though, not a loony who think jesus hates fags.

As soon as I asked him what he thought, he said this (paraphrased, can't remember the entire point):

He hates that its politicians looking for voting points pushing this agenda.  That being said,  he and I both agreed "DADT", was and is a joke.   First day of bootcamp, friendships are made that almost immediately lead to asking about a girlfriend back home, etc.  Regardless of any partisan, ideological, or moral views, that's still asking.  You have now forced their hand in telling a lie, and that's just not the way he wants his troops and military starting off.    Many soldiers, from boot camp on, learned to avoid these situations, and thus began a constant life of a lie.

"Be Asked, Never Tell". 

As for his actual view on gays serving, he quickly responded with, "Will he value my life as his own when we're in the shit?  Then he or she can fuck horse brains for all I care."

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2010-12-23 01:06:30)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Did you ask him when they were going to update the ucmj to actually allow for gays now? The repeal of dadt just removed their privacy. But yea, they're going to lie if they want to anyways. Still, until the code is changed investigations and discharges are possible.

Perhaps they will honor the spirit of the repeal.. we'll see.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

He hates that its politicians looking for voting points pushing this agenda.
He is absolutely right to. That is all this is. Their talking points don't even make sense given their stated goal and actual procedure.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX
Logical Conservative though, not a loony who think jesus hates fags.
Its god who hates fags, jesus probably was a fag.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
oChaos.Haze
+90|6444
I heard something about 60 days from when it's signed. 

When he and I talked, it was more at a point of possibility right around when it was considered dead in congress, so we never ventured into application of repeal.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6444

Dilbert_X wrote:

Logical Conservative though, not a loony who think jesus hates fags.
Its god who hates fags, jesus probably was a fag.
Yes but aren't those the sect that Jesus = God = Holy Spirit?

I've heard some pretty intense albeit mind-numbingly semantic debates over whether or not Jesus was God's son, or if he was God. 

It's my (rather uninformed) assumption, that the loonies won't budge from Jesus is God.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6444

ghettoperson wrote:

Does this mean heterosexuals will now be allowed to join the Navy?
I lol'd
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

oChaos.Haze wrote:

When he and I talked, it was more at a point of possibility right around when it was considered dead in congress, so we never ventured into application of repeal.
Think about what is happening in DC over the next 60 days. A lot of changes. However, what really bothers me is the ignorance that people have when it comes to what DADT was actually designed to do. DADT was a first step towards a gay friendly military. To see people get fired up about the wrong thing is just frustrating, to me.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
oChaos.Haze
+90|6444
Agreed.  It was a band-aid for a broken arm,  doing nothing to solve the problem, but validating that we must move in the proper direction.  Getting there inches at a time and arriving, sure beats going 1000 mph and crashing.  (Almost every politician strikes me as favoring the 1000 mph method) 

Which is why I'm really hopeful this gets applied as passed, and without interruption from partisan non-points, because for once in a LONG time, I see something coming out of washington that actually isn't a band-aid for a broken arm, but finally the cast.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2010-12-23 01:46:51)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6360

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Christ dude, do us all a favor and disappear back to wherever you've been the last few months.
Sorry, I should have known you would be protective of this thread.
You obviously haven't served in the military if that's the way you think it runs. Either that, or you've had the most thoroughly unprofessional NCOs imaginable. Real life does not mimic Full Metal Jacket, sorry.
Full Metal Jacket took place in the late 60's D@LT and that is exactly how it ran back than in the U.S.M.C. so Why don't you step off until that time of the month passes..OK ?

I thought Lotta was being humorous but I am so Tired of being civil to a J@Rk who is always swearing.  Sorry normal people !
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6687|Disaster Free Zone

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

You obviously haven't served in the military if that's the way you think it runs. Either that, or you've had the most thoroughly unprofessional NCOs imaginable. Real life does not mimic Full Metal Jacket, sorry.
Full Metal Jacket took place in the late 60's D@LT and that is exactly how it ran back than in the U.S.M.C. so Why don't you step off until that time of the month passes..OK ?

I thought Lotta was being humorous but I am so Tired of being civil to a J@Rk who is always swearing.  Sorry normal people !
You're da funnies...

no?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6360

Kmar wrote:

He hates that its politicians looking for voting points pushing this agenda.
He is absolutely right to. That is all this is. Their talking points don't even make sense given their stated goal and actual procedure.
It sad but true, they look for the safest banner to wave. "Drunk Driving" has been done to death but they would dearly love to Rally around that one.

If only a little boy could be hit by a Privately Owned Antique Fire Truck

obozo, pluggsy and the kids would love to square off with the P.O.A.F.T.A. to keep our children safe.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Lotta_Drool wrote:

What was it like being diddled by that mormon priest?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

mormon's don't have priests.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5364|London, England

burnzz wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

mormon's don't have priests.
not the point
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6503

the point is under his hat . . .
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6411|North Carolina

Kmar wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Think about what is happening in DC over the next 60 days. A lot of changes. However, what really bothers me is the ignorance that people have when it comes to what DADT was actually designed to do. DADT was a first step towards a gay friendly military. To see people get fired up about the wrong thing is just frustrating, to me.
Maybe it will have the opposite effect.  The military will become less gay friendly, but at least we'll be better able to identify our society's homophobia.

The Westboro Baptist Church won't seem so extreme when considering general attitudes toward homosexuals.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmar wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Maybe it will have the opposite effect.  The military will become less gay friendly, but at least we'll be better able to identify our society's homophobia.

The Westboro Baptist Church won't seem so extreme when considering general attitudes toward homosexuals.
It sounds almost like you want to believe that we are a society of homophobes. Personally ive seen just the opposite.. despite the ignorance in understanding the code. Every military person I've heard talking about this issue couldn't give a crap as far as orientation. So long as they act professional and carry their own weight. That is to be expected of everyone. Those attention seeking westboro freaks are and will always be far from the norm.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmar wrote:

It sounds almost like you want to believe that we are a society of homophobes. Personally ive seen just the opposite.. despite the ignorance in understanding the code. Every military person I've heard talking about this issue couldn't give a crap as far as orientation. So long as they act professional and carry their own weight. That is to be expected of everyone. Those attention seeking westboro freaks are and will always be far from the norm.
I honestly don't really have a belief either way.  All I've noticed is that people's attitudes toward gays seem to depend on the situation.

Ultimately, how the military handles the situation is of little concern to me, since I'm straight and not in the military.

I just find it interesting that some people are as bothered by gays as they are.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6607|132 and Bush

Turquoise wrote:

Kmar wrote:

I honestly don't really have a belief either way.  All I've noticed is that people's attitudes toward gays seem to depend on the situation.

Ultimately, how the military handles the situation is of little concern to me, since I'm straight and not in the military.

I just find it interesting that some people are as bothered by gays as they are.
Peoples attitude towards a lot of things depends on the situation.. especially when it comes to being pc. I think its funny when people put on their charde.. at least they are making an attempt to get along. Truthfully it is impossible to change certain opinions with some people. The best you can hope for is a superficial coexistance.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Kmar wrote:

Peoples attitude towards a lot of things depends on the situation.. especially when it comes to being pc. I think its funny when people put on their charde.. at least they are making an attempt to get along. Truthfully it is impossible to change certain opinions with some people. The best you can hope for is a superficial coexistance.
Pretty much, although conflict keeps things interesting.  One of the perks of living in a multicultural society is that there will always be arguments.

I used to complain that it was hard for us to agree on anything as a people, but honestly, I find it entertaining.  It would probably get very boring if we actually did get along all the time.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-12-23 09:46:26)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard