ArmedPartisan
+3|6768
I played with an account for sometime and after doing a fresh install after the game got buddy I discovered... to my horror... I don't seem to have a password OR an email address that works with it.  Is there any way in the world for them to do some sort of id check on me or get my account back and working?

Thanks
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6828|Portland, OR, USA

You're SOL.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
ripfest2006
Banned
+10|6634
yea dude SOL is right. i had SF and now i cant fuckin get it back after reformatting my comp. i tried finding out my info but no luck. EA has some serious problems...as if u havent heard that a million times. +1 cuz i know how u feel.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6833|NÃ¥rvei

Have you tried EA support ?

But think you are kinda lost if you dont have the password or an valid email registred :-(
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

hm. are you saying you can't remember the Nickname and valid e-mail adress you used when you created that account ?

Or do you get an error message when typing in your correct nick and pw ?

I have never asked EA, but it wouldn't it consider unlikely that they erase those accounts from their database that belong to people who de-installed after some time. what was the timespan between your de-install and your re-install ?
ArmedPartisan
+3|6768
... the problem with EA tech support... is all the fucking illiterate people who work there
Breadman
+27|6756|Southern New Jersey
That's why I have my BF2 profiles backed up. On my second HD and on a dvd with copies of the patches.
This way after I do a XP reinstall I have my profile to restore and have all my settings back.. Your BF2 profiles are saved in my documents/ the BF2 folder.You use so many email addresses that it's hard to remember what one u used to make BF2 account. For important stuff it's best to use same email address all the time. Did you use same email for bf2 account that you registered BF2 with maybe? Did you buy Euro forces?  Just contact EA downloader support All you need is credit card # you used to buy SF or EF to get your account info. Here's EA downloader tech support phone# 877-643-7304  This is not regular EA tech support. EA downloader has their own tech support line just for ea downloader problems.

For guy with SF problem if you used the EA downloader to buy SF then it should be easy to get sf working again. Just call phone # above with your credit card info.

Last edited by Breadman (2006-05-10 13:37:26)

ArmedPartisan
+3|6768
Thanks guys... I'll see what I can do.

To clarify...

I used a fake email address [email protected]... it doesn't exist... I was frustrated because the Account Manager kept freezing and so I got careless and used a fake email cuz I wanted to get into the game.

I know the account still exists because it shows up on BF2S.com

Its "ArmedPartisan"  #44488155

I'm thinking that if I got in touch with a non-mouth-breather in EA tech support, he might be able to cross reference my account with my CD key - it accesses my CD key every time I log in right?

The problem here is really EA - they are totally hard to get in touch with and most of their phone operators are just hired to read the published tech support FAQs - something we can do for ourselves.

Thanks for the help...

... did I mention that EA tech support claims to have no record of the account? what the hell is with that?

mix illiterate people with poorly defined terms - account, nickname, pid, ect - and you have a combination for  stupidity.

Last edited by ArmedPartisan (2006-05-10 23:26:02)

DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6654|Finland

Your CD-key and account (PID/nick/pwd) do not have to do much with each other. You can use your account on any computer and with any BF2 disc. So a cross-reference I think will not work.

A big mistake here was that you used a fake email address.. Bad idea. You just burned the last bridge to the customer-support zone..

I hope you retreive your info somehow, it must be frustrating to start over.. (Although now you could go First Sergeant this time)

Try contacting the Gamespy-people. Remember, they have your info too.. Dont they?
I need around tree fiddy.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6864|Cologne, Germany

ArmedPartisan wrote:

Thanks guys... I'll see what I can do.

To clarify...

I used a fake email address [email protected]... it doesn't exist... I was frustrated because the Account Manager kept freezing and so I got careless and used a fake email cuz I wanted to get into the game.

I know the account still exists because it shows up on BF2S.com

Its "ArmedPartisan"  #44488155

I'm thinking that if I got in touch with a non-mouth-breather in EA tech support, he might be able to cross reference my account with my CD key - it accesses my CD key every time I log in right?

The problem here is really EA - they are totally hard to get in touch with and most of their phone operators are just hired to read the published tech support FAQs - something we can do for ourselves.

Thanks for the help...

... did I mention that EA tech support claims to have no record of the account? what the hell is with that?

mix illiterate people with poorly defined terms - account, nickname, pid, ect - and you have a combination for  stupidity.
for once, don't blame EA. You provided a fake e-mail adress. I don't understand some people. You are willing to pay 50$ for the game but can't be bothered to provide a valid e-mail adress ?
That one is on you, buddy...

Second, gamespy manages the BF2 accounts. Your BF2 account is essentially a gamespy account ( maybe those are not identical, but there is some kind of connection between gamespy and your BF2 account )
You might have a chance to log into gamespy using the nick and PW you still have and then change the e-mail adress in your profile. I have no idea if this works though. You might also want to contact gamespy support and see what they have to say about this.

EDIT: your stats are still in our database, but that doesn't mean the account still exists with EA/ Gamespy. As long as we don't receive an update for your account through the EA XML stats feed, it will stay as it
is now, with your last battle recorded on 27.04.06.
Chuy might be able to run a check of the EA feed to see wether your account still exists there, but he is at EA HQ right now, playing BF2142.
You'll have to wait until he comes back or ask trigger to do it.

cheers,
B.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard