FloppY_
­
+1,010|6277|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

13/f/taiwan wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I've had 3 people tell me the movie is one of the worst they've ever seen.  Absolutely horrible.  Hmmmm.
Such is personal taste
No.
Well, even if the perfect movie was created there would still be people thinking it was shit...

So yeah...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

FloppY_ wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Such is personal taste
No.
Well, even if the perfect movie was created there would still be people thinking it was shit...

So yeah...
floppy I think that's just because your opinions are all completely wrong.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

Miggle wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

No.

So yeah...
floppy I think that's just because your opinions are all completely wrong.
Second.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
FloppY_
­
faggots
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462

FloppY_ wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Such is personal taste
No.

So yeah...
the important thing is that those 3 people would be wrong, not the work of art

some people take the 'opinions, man!' and 'it's subjective!' thing to an absurd extreme.

if you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, and 'pass an opinion', it doesn't credibly detract from the work of it.

it just demonstrates what a dumb, ignorant fuck you are.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FloppY_
­
I'm sorry... We watch movies for enjoyment no?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
watching something for enjoyment and engaging with it critically to give it a rating is two different activities/thought processes.

i can watch any tv programme for 'enjoyment' and not have any thoughts about it. serious films should be engaging and should demand more.

ofc you're free to disagree if you fall into the camp of people that just want to watch action films and have a one-hour popcorn fest
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
eleven bravo
+1,399|5250|foggy bottom
action films are usually 90 minutes
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
going to watch 'elephant' tonight

will let you know
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6730|Toronto | Canada

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Just come back from watching Tron 3D.

I fucking loved it. Stunning to watch. Some scenes were beyond amazing. The girl's hot, too.

Loved pretty much everything about it.
I've had 3 people tell me the movie is one of the worst they've ever seen.  Absolutely horrible.  Hmmmm.
Yeah, it was awful.  I was really hoping it would be amazing but it just... wasn't.

The first 30 minutes or so were phenomenal, great action and interesting and really set the stage for an incredible movie.  Unfortunately the movie fell flat on its face for the next hour and a half.  I nearly fell asleep during it and I NEVER do that.  It just droned on and on with no action whatsoever or anything interesting at all.  There was another battle at the end but even it was pretty mediocre. 

The only redeeming qualities of the movie were the soundtrack and the first 30 mins.

I really hate saying this because I wanted it to be good, but the best I can give it is a 6/10
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6637

justice wrote:

A History Of Violence - 5/10

Can't believe how quickly this was over, did it ever get started? I thought it might just be developing into something good, then bang, the end. What there was, was average. The plot was rushed and full of clichés, poor script, random sequence of scenes etc....I thought it was just a weak film.

Why this has an IMDB rating of 7.6 I will never know.
I thought the movie was short but didnt think it was bad... it had a interesting plot to it... Ed Harris is one bad mafioso mofo
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Nightmare before Christmas - good as it always was / 10
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
Insomnia - 8/10
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6682|Devon, England

Winston_Churchill wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FFLink wrote:

I fucking loved it. Stunning to watch. Some scenes were beyond amazing. The girl's hot, too.

Yeah, it was awful.  I was really hoping it would be amazing but it just... wasn't.

The first 30 minutes or so were phenomenal, great action and interesting and really set the stage for an incredible movie.  Unfortunately the movie fell flat on its face for the next hour and a half.  I nearly fell asleep during it and I NEVER do that.  It just droned on and on with no action whatsoever or anything interesting at all.  There was another battle at the end but even it was pretty mediocre. 

The only redeeming qualities of the movie were the soundtrack and the first 30 mins.

I really hate saying this because I wanted it to be good, but the best I can give it is a 6/10
Wow.

I really do enjoy things a lot more than everyone else, it seems.

How the hell could you fall asleep?!
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire

FFLink wrote:

Wow.

I really do enjoy things a lot more than everyone else, it seems.

How the hell could you fall asleep?!
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FFLink wrote:

you can decide for yourself, don't let them boss you around.  ps i loved it.
//

The Book of Eli - 9/10
a must see
my fav scene had to be the shootout at the couple's house(who were a great set of characters too).
the camera moved back and forth good guys to bad - through the wall of the house.. whilst bullets flying about.  SO AWESOMEE
pic below is some of the concept art of Tommy Lee Edwards for the scene i enjoyed oh so..
https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/3810178983_dd728bb0b0_o.jpg
jord
+2,382|6669|The North, beyond the wall.

blademaster wrote:

justice wrote:

A History Of Violence - 5/10

Can't believe how quickly this was over, did it ever get started? I thought it might just be developing into something good, then bang, the end. What there was, was average. The plot was rushed and full of clichés, poor script, random sequence of scenes etc....I thought it was just a weak film.

Why this has an IMDB rating of 7.6 I will never know.
I thought the movie was short but didnt think it was bad... it had a interesting plot to it... Ed Harris is one bad mafioso mofo
Brilliant sex scene though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Watching Miracle on 34th Street, yo. If I rate it at anything less than 10, Christmas Nazis will lynch me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

The Book of Eli - 9/10
a must see
my fav scene had to be the shootout at the couple's house(who were a great set of characters too).
the camera moved back and forth good guys to bad - through the wall of the house.. whilst bullets flying about.  SO AWESOMEE
pic below is some of the concept art of Tommy Lee Edwards for the scene i enjoyed oh so..
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2636/381 … b0b0_o.jpg
The Book of Eli was fun to watch, but I thought it kind of fell apart at the seams as far as being coherent is concerned.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6144|what

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Watching Miracle on 34th Street, yo. If I rate it at anything less than 10, Christmas Nazis will lynch me.
that's the movie with the guy from jurrasic park and matilda, yeah?

Never seen it. Fucking see ads for it every xmas though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
justice
OctoPoster
+978|6732|OctoLand
The Book Of Eli

6/10

A mixture of good and bad, the beginning and the ending were just horrible, really horrible. Also, casting Mila Kunis in that role ???? what in the fuck, she was so awful, didn't fit the part at all, pretty much limited any potential the movie had.

Denzel made it watchable, and the middle part of the film was pretty good. He seriously needs to move on from these shitty action flicks he's doing at the moment, he has been riding that wave ever since "Man On Fire", he's a good actor but hardly shows it anymore.

Also, the so called "twist" at the end of this film is one of the worst I have ever seen, more like a fake twist or just straight up cheating the audience.

Last edited by justice (2010-12-22 20:24:25)

I know fucking karate
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

AussieReaper wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

that's the movie with the guy from jurrasic park and matilda, yeah?

Never seen it. Fucking see ads for it every xmas though.
Yeah, that's the one. Not to be confused with Mo34S'47. Worth a watch if you're into Christmas films or need a new one to offset all the replays families inevitably sit through.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6529|Long Island, New York
How Do You Know - 2/10

Easily one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Can't believe I let myself get dragged to see this.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FFLink wrote:

only 3?
Xbone Stormsurgezz
it's taking me days to watch The Fourth Kind... droool

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard