cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6698|NJ
http://www.netstrider.com/documents/whites/

Jackson Whites in new jersey are many years of inter generation inbreeding. Not good read up to them.

Also I believe that Russian during the really cold period made incest and cannibalism legal cause there population would have been whipped out. But in this case I highly doubt that it was only as an adult.
Brasso
+1,549|6632

wear a condom.  is incest wrong then?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
It is amazing how everyone is falling over themselves to seem tolerant and even handed. Can you imagine the same discussion if it was some conservative figure ?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6407|North Carolina

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

It is amazing how everyone is falling over themselves to seem tolerant and even handed. Can you imagine the same discussion if it was some conservative figure ?
I don't care if it was Rush Limbaugh.  I'm very reluctant to have government get involved in people's sex lives.  Sex laws are often a mess because of the lack of discussion and comprehension involved in designing them.

For example, observe how broad the list of crimes are that can land you on a sex offender list.  You've everything from rapists to people who get drunk and expose themselves in public on these lists.  The former is obviously a lot worse than the latter, but just appearing on one of those lists regardless of the crime committed will basically ruin your life.

If nothing else, I figured this thread has been a good exercise in determining what exactly is the rationale for making incest illegal.  I'd honestly not put much thought into it beforehand.  We often cite morality as the reasoning, but abuse is really a more salient issue.
Ticia
+73|5337

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Can you imagine why?

Glass houses.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5239|Cleveland, Ohio

Ticia wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Can you imagine why?

Glass houses.
lol what are you?  12 yrs old?
Morpheus
This shit still going?
+508|6001|The Mitten

Ticia wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Can you imagine why?

Glass houses.
what?
EE (hats
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Can you imagine why?

Glass houses.
I think she's implying that conservatives would be more apt to defend a conservative figure and denounce a liberal one, and vice versa.

We all have biases.
Ticia
+73|5337

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Can you imagine why?

Glass houses.
I think she's implying that conservatives would be more apt to defend a conservative figure and denounce a liberal one, and vice versa.

We all have biases.
Not that.

The problem with conservatives is more about how they claim to be on a higher moral ground than the rest of us. When one is caught in a scandal of this nature then people are generally harder on them. Might not be fair but is fitting for those who do as I say not as I do
Turquoise
O Canada

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

We all have biases.
Not that.

The problem with conservatives is more about how they claim to be on a higher moral ground than the rest of us. When one is caught in a scandal of this nature then people are generally harder on them. Might not be fair but is fitting for those who do as I say not as I do
True...  It's like how liberals like Al Gore get criticized more for not being environmentally friendly, since being green is something that many liberals push.
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6655

EVieira wrote:

There is no potential benefit. The benefits of genes passed on is that the BEST genes are passed on, and they are not necesserarily the ones in your family line. By inbreeding you reduce the size of the gene pool and thus the chance of a good gene passed on is reduced, simply because there is a large chance he is not in the pool. Se the earlier post about deafness in Martha`s Vineyard.

As a species, the best for your DNA is diversity. The more diverse, the bigger the pool, the better the genes in the long run.

...which brings us full circle, incest is fucked up any way you put it.
You're taking things from a whole-species perspective, whereas I was focusing more on an individual basis. 

The "benefit" I spoke of was in terms of individuals passing on more of their own genes, which is reproductive "success" from an individual's standpoint. 

However, the downfall of that approach is exactly what you pointed out - from a species standpoint, you want the good genes to live on, and you want diversity, which random sexual mating outside of your immediate family provides.  Incest definitely increases the chances that "bad" genes will accumulate.  No denying that.

The point I guess I was trying to get at is that immediate family incest is bad in nearly every way, whereas marrying a cousin may actually have more of a taboo associated with it than is deserved.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

https://www.blogsmithmedia.com/stadium.weblogsinc.com/tmz/images/2008/12/deliverance-banjo-kid-opt_full.jpg
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

We all have biases.
Not that.

You know this professor was a blogger and has/has his own blog on Huffingtonpost the biggest liberal website in the world, right?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5587

11 Bravo
Banned

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

We all have biases.
Not that.

who claims the moral high ground?  they all sling mud at eachother.  it appears you are just blind to both sides.
Turquoise
O Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

We all have biases.
Not that.

You know this professor was a blogger and has/has his own blog on Huffingtonpost the biggest liberal website in the world, right?
She was explaining why conservatives get more crap for their sexual indiscretions than liberals do.  She wasn't implying that the offender in this case was conservative.
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

Ticia wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

We all have biases.
Not that.

who claims the moral high ground?  they all sling mud at eachother.  it appears you are just blind to both sides.
Conservatives tend to focus more on sexual issues like this one.  Anything that deviates from the sexual norm is usually a big part of what social conservatives discuss.

Granted, some deviations (like this one) are worthy of condemnation.

Liberals usually focus on other social issues to be high and mighty about.
11 Bravo
Banned
hmmmm well then why is dont ask dont tell still around?
Turquoise
O Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

hmmmm well then why is dont ask dont tell still around?
Simple...  it was a bad compromise that a moderate liberal created to deal with discrimination issues in the military regarding sexuality.

Over time, we've noticed how impractical and insincere this compromise is, so we're trying to eliminate it to end the discrimination associated with it.  This is a civil rights issue -- not specifically a sex crime issue.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX

Macbeth wrote:

I hope he manages to get off somehow. If they both consent, it's fine by me.
Stay classy Macbeth.

The reason for the incest laws is we don't want inbreds in the gene pool.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6356
A guilty conservative is thrown to the dogs by other Conservatives and Examples abound but Rostikowski, Rangel, Frank, Jeffreson, Gietner, clinton... the list is endless  The democrats view is " He's OUR. .Thief, Cheat, Pedophile, Fraud, rapist, etc.

Excuse spelling please !

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-12-17 19:38:13)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard