11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
we need to stop supporting israel.  we need to send all jews back to israel if they keep forcing our tax dollars to go over there.
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6324

11 Bravo wrote:

we need to stop supporting israel.  we need to send all jews back to israel if they keep forcing our tax dollars to go over there.
too late for that.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6375|North Carolina

11 Bravo wrote:

All you have to do is send Lieberman over there.  He's the source of a lot of the problems.
11 Bravo
Banned

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

All you have to do is send Lieberman over there.  He's the source of a lot of the problems.
well no i dont think there are many non jews in this country saying "yes, give my money to israel."
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

well no i dont think there are many non jews in this country saying "yes, give my money to israel."
There are bunch of loony armageddonist christians who are, they are a big part of the Republican power base.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
11 Bravo
Banned

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

There are bunch of loony armageddonist christians who are, they are a big part of the Republican power base.
ya thats true.  i dunno.  need to find a way to cut them off.
Turquoise
O Canada

Dilbert_X wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

True, I can agree with that.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker
The only Christians who believe in the Armageddon are Republicans ... mmmkaaaaay
cl4u53w1t2
Salon-Bolschewist
+269|6443|Kakanien
the problem is, how do you want to manage to get 300.000 israelis out of the west bank (and maybe 200.000 israelis out of east jerusalem)?

no israeli politician would and could do that...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

cl4u53w1t2 wrote:

the problem is, how do you want to manage to get 300.000 israelis out of the west bank (and maybe 200.000 israelis out of east jerusalem)
This has been their plan all along.

Send in tanks if necessary.
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

The only Christians who believe in the Armageddon are Republicans ... mmmkaaaaay
I think he's pointing out that people who believe in the Rapture tend to be far right in their politics.  Their particular brand of Armageddon requires that Israel remain ruled by Jews for Christ to come back.

The funny thing about all of that though is that dispensationalism is a relatively young branch of Christianity.  It's about as young as Mormonism.  The Bible is definitely not so specific as to suggest that Israel has to be run a certain way for the end of the world to come.  St. John of Patmos was most likely using some opium while writing Revelations anyway.
EVieira
+105|6448|Lutenblaag, Molvania

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

It has always amazed my how the jewish community is incredibly small in the US (a mere 1.7% of the pop, according to my source in the CIA), yet it has an immense power. I guess those 1.7% are well placed...
"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;  the point is to discover them."
Galileo Galilei  (1564-1642)
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
that's a pretty haxtacular solution

although Israelis probably don't want to be part of the US, just sayin. There's a lot of Anti-Semites in the US.
11 Bravo
Banned

EVieira wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It has always amazed my how the jewish community is incredibly small in the US (a mere 1.7% of the pop, according to my source in the CIA), yet it has an immense power. I guess those 1.7% are well placed...
ya i do not get it.  they are getting quite annoying tbh.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Those 1.7% have leveraged the Christians, who make up a sizeable proportion, to support them.

'Support Israel or you hate Jebus' has worked perfectly.

Now I need to work out how to make Harry Potter fans send me money......

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-12-13 16:24:15)

Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6415|The Land of Scott Walker

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I think he's pointing out that people who believe in the Rapture tend to be far right in their politics.  Their particular brand of Armageddon requires that Israel remain ruled by Jews for Christ to come back.

The funny thing about all of that though is that dispensationalism is a relatively young branch of Christianity.  It's about as young as Mormonism.  The Bible is definitely not so specific as to suggest that Israel has to be run a certain way for the end of the world to come.  St. John of Patmos was most likely using some opium while writing Revelations anyway.
Sure, but there is an underlying assumption that Rapture theology and Dispensationalism is something to which no Democrat subscribes.  That makes me chuckle a bit.  Excellent point regarding the way Israel is ruled.  In fact, their mortal enemies will be in charge for several years before Christ returns.
Turquoise
O Canada

Stingray24 wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Sure, but there is an underlying assumption that Rapture theology and Dispensationalism is something to which no Democrat subscribes.  That makes me chuckle a bit.  Excellent point regarding the way Israel is ruled.  In fact, their mortal enemies will be in charge for several years before Christ returns.
True, many religious black people who happen to also be Democrats are dispensationalists just like how many of them are creationist.  There are several blue dog Democrats that are dispensationalist as well.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
Wait Christians believe that the end of the world will only happen if the Jews run Palestine?

You learn something new every day. Also why do we want this world to end, I want this world to be left to my children and there children.
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Wait Christians believe that the end of the world will only happen if the Jews run Palestine?

You learn something new every day. Also why do we want this world to end, I want this world to be left to my children and there children.
Also the Simple word "NO" in the English language needs to be used more. Everyone in power seems so worried about offending interest groups that they just no say it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

cpt.fass1 wrote:

Basically yes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_time
cpt.fass1
+329|6666|NJ
It's really crazy that "End Times" the second coming off Christ or who ever destroy es the evil in the world could really be interpreted as a person who puts an end to religions and brings peace to the world.

See I just can't rally after any leader who would put faith in this, because they will not do what's best for the world. If the worlds going to end and a GOD is going to save us all why not use all he left for us.
Turquoise
O Canada

cpt.fass1 wrote:

It's really crazy that "End Times" the second coming off Christ or who ever destroy es the evil in the world could really be interpreted as a person who puts an end to religions and brings peace to the world.

See I just can't rally after any leader who would put faith in this, because they will not do what's best for the world. If the worlds going to end and a GOD is going to save us all why not use all he left for us.
It's very similar to the jihadist viewpoint as well.

...and people wonder why atheists distrust religion in general.   Secular humanists seem to have the world's best interests in mind, because they have most of the morals that religious people have, but instead of emphasizing salvation in the next life, they would rather improve this life.

If you think about it, belief in an afterlife kind of cheapens this life by suggesting that something better is waiting after death.
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6676

EVieira wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

It has always amazed me that most jewish people in the United States tend to be supporters of the liberal agenda, which is made up of policies that have been nothing but harmful to them in the past.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

It has always amazed me that most jewish people in the United States tend to be supporters of the liberal agenda, which is made up of policies that have been nothing but harmful to them in the past.
Such as?
Most jews are fairly liberal and don't blindly support whatever extremists in Israel do, any more than muslims support AQ.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard