Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5775|Belgium
That's hard to say. Many people believe in a 1g of protein/lb of bodyweight ratio for muscle growth. Although I believe muscle growth is certainly possible, you really can't go wrong with consuming a bit more protein. You will still have muscle growth with lower amounts of protein, but if you're pushing it too far you'll just end up with minimal results from your efforts...
Sturgeon
+488|4952|Flintshire
1g/lb or kg?

I thought it was kg
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5713|College Park, MD

Sturgeon wrote:

1g/lb or kg?

I thought it was kg
that would kill you m8
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5190|Sydney
1g/lb.
lrishpride
+68|5159
glad to see this thread still going strong. probably the only positive thing i gave to this community of lunatics
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5799|Catherine Black
How's the kid Oisin?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
bennisboy
+829|6657|Poundland

lrishpride wrote:

glad to see this thread still going strong. probably the only positive thing i gave to this community of lunatics
I think I speak for all of us when I say "No one cares"

HAT-TRICK!!! THE CROWD GOES WILD!!!

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6482
mens sana in corpore sano
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
Just did some HIIT cardio followed by an ab workout. I feel fucked, but in a good way.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-12-13 22:12:03)

Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5775|Belgium

Sturgeon wrote:

1g/lb or kg?

I thought it was kg
1/g per lb brah. Some go with 0.6g/lb and have great gains as well. I'm somewhere in between.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
I read 0.8 should be the minimum if you want decent gains. Dunno, I think there's a few schools of thought. Some recommend as much as 1.5, but yeah, 1 is generally the standard.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6302|Washington St.
Cardio after workout? I've heard this maximizes gains after workout. Myth? Or did I read incorrectly?
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England

SonderKommando wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Just to confirm this, because my flatmate is retarded, if I stop taking protein and working out, the muscle I've built so far thanks to the protein isn't going to turn into fat, is it? I think he's getting confused with creatine?
your muscles will atrophy, but they wont gelatinize.  your roomate is retarded.
Usually people get fat if they stop working out because they don't change their calorie intake/diet. Personally I've never understood that, before I started working out regularly and after I haven't noticed any changes in my hunger. The only thing I've changed is taking protein shakes regularly and being that little extra healthier.

I've definitely built muscle and lost some % in the body fat department, but my body hasn't reacted any differently apart from appearance. Is this the case for most people? To those guys that are huge, do you actually feel the need to eat way more than when you weren't ripped? Or is it a psychological thing.

I think not taking protein shakes just slows down the fat burning/muscle building process. I know alot of people that get confused between whey protein shakes and creatine and all that, they tell me "dude if you stop working out you'll become a fat arse, taking that shit means you have to work out like crazy" which isn't anywhere near the case when it comes to protein shakes. They're only like 100-200 calories per shake.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
On days I workout, I definitely get hungrier.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5775|Belgium
I definitely eat more than when I didn't work out. Granted, this might be a psychological thing, as I'm making sure I'm getting in enough nutrients to stimulate growth.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
I don't even think about. I can actually feel myself getting hungry as I workout. It gets a bit distracting sometimes lol. Usually the protein shake afterwards curbs my appetite for at least half an hour though.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6202|Roma
I don't feel any hungrier. But i guess it's how hard you push. I haven't been for about a week and it's making me angstey (?)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6671|The darkside of Denver
I eat 5/6 meals a day.  If i miss one or if I am late I FEEL it.  My body is accustomed to being fed at regular intervals and my metabolism has been trained to process all that food intake.  Its a physiological thing IMO.
Home
Section.80
+447|6859|Seattle, Washington, USA

I eat more than double what I used to when I wasn't lifting as seriously or making gains.
Jaekus
+957|5190|Sydney
I'm trying to improve my post workout stretching routine. Anyone care to post theirs?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5775|Belgium
I bike home, lol. Never stretched tbh.
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK

Jebus wrote:

I bike home, lol. Never stretched tbh.
Same cba with stretching I swear I heard someone say it's bad for you.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England
Almost done with my first Kilo of shake. I bought the cookies n cream flavour, apparently it was a new flavour so I thought I'd try it. Tasted alot like Vanilla ice cream but I'm not complaining. Gonna buy Optimum Nutrition for the next Kilo. I heard chocolate flavours mean less protein because the cocoa takes up a small % of the protein, so outside of chocolate what's an awesome flavour? (and not vanilla either)

On their website there's this "Rocky Road" flavour...what the hell is that?
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6471|UK

Mekstizzle wrote:

Almost done with my first Kilo of shake. I bought the cookies n cream flavour, apparently it was a new flavour so I thought I'd try it. Tasted alot like Vanilla ice cream but I'm not complaining. Gonna buy Optimum Nutrition for the next Kilo. I heard chocolate flavours mean less protein because the cocoa takes up a small % of the protein, so outside of chocolate what's an awesome flavour? (and not vanilla either)

It's made out of bits of tarmac. Show us some topless pics mek!
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5713|College Park, MD

Mekstizzle wrote:

Extreme Milk Chocolate is fucking delicious
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard