TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6436|Brisbane, Australia

Adams_BJ wrote:

Uzique wrote:

this is like a book publisher saying they're moving away from hardback novels to comic books

why are you guys so unquestioningly happy about a game publisher admitting they want to focus on the money-hardline?

story-telling is a fantastic and engaging part of gaming; gaming's unique strength lies in the interactive experience of a damn good story

EA are basically saying they're turning away from that narrative craft to favour immediate-satisfaction multiplayer frag-fests
Maybe we wouldn't if all games still had an engaging singleplayer story. Many don't anymore. Hell I hardly even finish off storylines before playing multiplayer.
Are you agreeing or disagreeing?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA
I don't know about you guys but my competitiveness doesn't even care about single player at all.  It gets boring going against bots no matter how good the storyline is.  I would much rather go against a human than AI.  Of course some people aren't even as good as AI but most are at least a step up at the very least.  I usually play SP long enough to know all the controls and jump in to MP.
Ptfo
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6436|Brisbane, Australia

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I don't know about you guys but my competitiveness doesn't even care about single player at all.  It gets boring going against bots no matter how good the storyline is.  I would much rather go against a human than AI.  Of course some people aren't even as good as AI but most are at least a step up at the very least.  I usually play SP long enough to know all the controls and jump in to MP.
Have you only played linear FPS's and Counterstrike: Condition Zero or something?
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Have you only played linear FPS's and Counterstrike: Condition Zero or something?
No but I am one of those people who escape key on cut scenes and don't read quest text.  Besides it is like watching a movie....you probably already seen the story your watching already before, since nothing new gets made it just gets regurgitated.
Ptfo
jsnipy
+3,276|6519|...

globefish23 wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

yeah and if its all multiplayer it basically kills pirating
Ding ding ding!
This is the correct answer.

Plus, it also kills re-selling, as games are tied to accounts.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

No but I am one of those people who escape key on cut scenes and don't read quest text.  Besides it is like watching a movie....you probably already seen the story your watching already before, since nothing new gets made it just gets regurgitated.
Wow. You don´t know what your missing out on.

I love a good singleplayer campaign. I don´t care if the AI is stupid, I´m not looking for a challenge in a SP game. It should entertain me, create a believable world I get lost in for a few hours.
I´m the kinda guy who stares at random posters ingame to read them, I look into corners and am eager for the next chapter of story. I do like MP, but the wo are so different that I would never trade one for the other.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria

RTHKI wrote:

so is borderlands. but there arent many games that have good coop
http://www.co-optimus.com/

Very good site.
There are indeed only a handful of games that have co-op AND splitscreen. And even less if you want them on PC.

It's really very sad.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Serious Sam.
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6796|Long Beach, CA

Sisco wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

I love a good singleplayer campaign. I don´t care if the AI is stupid, I´m not looking for a challenge in a SP game. It should entertain me, create a believable world I get lost in for a few hours.
I´m the kinda guy who stares at random posters ingame to read them, I look into corners and am eager for the next chapter of story. I do like MP, but the wo are so different that I would never trade one for the other.
I was like that 20 years ago.  I don't have time for all that now with a family.  I just want to get in rape face and get out.
Ptfo
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6734|Oxferd Ohire
ha my cousins the opposite, he says he doesnt have time for multiplayer games and plays sp now.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6340

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Sisco wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I was like that 20 years ago.  I don't have time for all that now with a family.  I just want to get in rape face and get out.
Like a visit in a brothel.
Well, with a family, time is an issue, so I can see why you set priorities. I wouldn´t want to miss on a good told story, scarce they might be nowadays.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
jaymz9350
+54|6574

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

Sisco wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

I find it just the opposite with family, one I can pause single player and I find it easier to stop in the middle of my session and come back later easier on single player.  Once I'm on multi I can lose track of time really fast.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5234|Cleveland, Ohio
the only games i play single player are sports games......the rest are multiplayer.

down with the pirates!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6562|England

EA basically applied this principle to C&C4: and look what happened to that waste-of-space "game".

I love a good SP game. No lag. No poor net-coding. No whining faggots. None of that BS, and it makes a nice change.

To say SP is dead is stupid: look at Assassins Creed, Dragons Age, Alan Wake, GTA, LA Noire, Saboteur, Half-Life...need I continue? Ignoring the MP side of some of those games, they are all fantastic and really rewarding games.
EA only say this because they cant ever put together a game properly. I dont think in 10 years time their MP games will be played by many (aside from there being no servers left...), but I bet people will still be playing Half-Life much like Doom is today.

(and yes Saboteur was thrown in because it had potential)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard