Hunter/Jumper
+117|6350
Charles Rangel gets a standing ovation and has his misdeeds read to him as punishment.

By contrast Randell Cunningham is in jail and will probably die there.

Does this seem a little bazaar to anyone. Charles Rangal has been scamming so long that they have no real idea how much he has actually pocketed but by all calculations it seems to be a larger figure than Cunningham's. Shouldn't Rangel have some real form of punishment ? 

Can we stop letting people F*ck us and walk away laughing just they belong to a special club ?
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6401|North Carolina
bizarre, not bazaar...  lol

Rangel and Barney Frank are the untouchables.  They use their minority statuses as a shield against their flagrant offenses.  And yes, they should suffer the same fate as people like Duke Cunningham and Tom DeLay.

Randall Cunningham didn't do anything corrupt as far as I know, although I hear he was an excellent player.

EDIT: My bad, I didn't realize that Duke's real first name is actually Randall.  He shares the same name as a famous football player.

Last edited by Turquoise (2010-12-03 10:03:18)

11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5233|Cleveland, Ohio
meh.....

this is no worse than michelle obama diverting money from food stamps to go to her little school kids lunch program.  that is a disgrace beyond imagination yet nobody cares.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6710|US
...at least Cunningham was a bad-ass.

I've read some rumors that Rangel also improperly added amendments to a 1986 law...
I won't go into my opinion of the man.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5581

11 Bravo wrote:

meh.....

this is no worse than michelle obama diverting money from food stamps to go to her little school kids lunch program.  that is a disgrace beyond imagination yet nobody cares.
I cared.
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=139712
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

you know, Andrew Jackson was also censured (before he was president) .. later revoked when his party took control, but still .

My point is, how serious can it really be? The press is making it out like the man is being executed.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Also, don't don't get too wound up aver the standing ovation. It's going to be a nice bit of material for republican campaign videos in 2012. Remember, Pelosi said that this was "the most honest, most open, and most ethical Congress in history".
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6350

Kmar wrote:

Also, don't don't get too wound up aver the standing ovation. It's going to be a nice bit of material for republican campaign videos in 2012. Remember, Pelosi said that this was "the most honest, most open, and most ethical Congress in history".
Wow your are Evil and Far sighted ! but ~ GOP wouldn't have the balls for that kinda bare knuckles campaign ( only Palin would ) and the The media would hound them for " Mean Spiritedness "  remember that line, what was it 1996  ?

" They are Mean Spirited ! " - " She is Mean Spirited ! " - " it seems Mean Spirited ? " - " Repulicans are just  Mean Spirited ! " - " why are they so Mean Spirited ? " - " we have never witnessed such Mean Spiritedness before "

on  Every f*cken News Cast ...and the people bought it too at least the MTV crowd did ~ Am I dating myself ?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Far sighted? .. I better get that shit checked out...lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6702
The Republicans don't know how to play dirty.  The Democrats control the media, so they can get away with a lot more.  I see things like this happening, and I think, stupid Republicans are too stupid to take advantage of this by bringing it up at election time!  Republicans have a shitload of dirt on the democrats, and can make them look really bad, but they never take advantage of it.  Someone accuses them of being 'mean spirited', and they instantly get apologetic.
Turquoise
O Canada

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

The Republicans don't know how to play dirty.  The Democrats control the media, so they can get away with a lot more.  I see things like this happening, and I think, stupid Republicans are too stupid to take advantage of this by bringing it up at election time!  Republicans have a shitload of dirt on the democrats, and can make them look really bad, but they never take advantage of it.  Someone accuses them of being 'mean spirited', and they instantly get apologetic.
Wow, you are one paranoid mofo.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

The Republicans don't know how to play dirty.  The Democrats control the media, so they can get away with a lot more.
Republicans have the most watched newstalk tv network and the most listened to radio shows.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6350

Kmar wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

The Republicans don't know how to play dirty.  The Democrats control the media, so they can get away with a lot more.
Republicans have the most watched newstalk tv network....
Yes one station. how many are there ?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6350

Turquoise wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

I think he's dead on !
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6597|132 and Bush

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

Republicans have the most watched newstalk tv network....
Yes one station. how many are there ?
The point is that if you want right leaning news you know excactly where to get it... and the lead is huge, it's been that way for almost a decade. Fox News Channel has 9 of the top 10 programs. CNN, which is clearly right of MSNBC, is in second. (Most likely due to international viewers). .. and oh yea again, there is talk radio, which is absolutely led by the right (Limbaugh, Beck, Hannity, Savage, O'Reilly, Schniit).. I'm a moderate right Hunter. But I don't sacrifice basic truths for an opportunity to play victim of the media. It will diminish your credibility. This idea that republicans can't get their message out because the dems control the media is ridiculous. We live in modern times, modern media.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Turquoise
O Canada

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Deadmonkiefart wrote:

I think he's dead on !
I'm sure you would, since the standard response by many conservatives is just claiming the media is against them.  It's the biggest cop out of the Right.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard