tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland
Trying to play movies with MPC-HC on my tv but it keeps freezing the moment I drag the window to the TV or if I set it to start fullscreen on it. Tried google, could find only others with the same problem but no solution. Anybody know if it's a problem with the program or if I have some setting wrong somewhere?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6708|Toronto | Canada

Hmm, I have mine playing on a secondary monitor which I assume would be similar (it sounds like you have 2 screens connected to the computer?).  I do notice a slight jitter/lag when moving the window to the other screen but I think thats to be expected.  Have you tried making the TV the primary screen? Or making it the only screen and shutting off the other.  Also, try just opening the movie with windows explorer on the tv screen so it will open there.  I know my laptop struggles with playing video files sometimes when I have both my monitors running.
tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland
1 screen connected with DVI and TV with HDMI. Still freezes if I set TV as primary display. Can't seem to get it to open windowed on the TV, it opens on the primary screen even when I move the explorer window to the TV or tick the "remember last window position" in MPC's options. I don't think it's my PC struggling, I have AMD Phenom II X4 955 and 9800GT, shouldn't that be good enough to play movies. Never had any lag or jittering even with 1080p movies and VLC works fine on the TV. I guess I have to go back to VLC if I can't get MPC to work, would prefer to use it though.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

My entire computer froze up a couple times when I didn't pause the video before dragging it to my other screen. I assume you hadn't started it yet though?
tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland
Playing, paused or stopped, doesn't matter, it still freezes.

Last edited by tupla_s (2010-12-05 07:09:18)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I always get this problem with MPCHC, VLC never has a problem swapping monitors though.

Mine just stalls for a couple of seconds then it's fine.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Thats odd... Try unplugging the other screen so your TV is the only one, then opening the file so it has to be on the TV.

Or try KMPlayer, very similar to MPC-HC in terms of quality, just some of the options are more confusing and takes a bit more configuration.  Still leaps and bounds better than VLC though.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6118|'straya
This used to happen for me, but I found a setting and it fixed it. For the life of me I can't find that setting now...

EDIT: Found it...

Try disabling - Output->Reinitialize when display change.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2010-12-04 17:08:26)

tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland
KMPlayer works and seems like a nice alternative, I guess I'll switch to that then.

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

This used to happen for me, but I found a setting and it fixed it. For the life of me I can't find that setting now...

Doesn't freeze every time but still occasionally. Also TV has higher resolution than other screen so the image doesn't fill the whole screen when it works, there's a black bar at the right.

Last edited by tupla_s (2010-12-05 03:17:37)

.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone
I had the same issues with mpc HC, its probably a faulty build. I just moved to another player. Have you tried an older, non HC build?
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
tupla_s
+455|6562|Finland

.Sup wrote:

I had the same issues with mpc HC, its probably a faulty build. I just moved to another player. Have you tried an older, non HC build?
Tried guliverkli2, it didn't freeze but couldn't get any video to play, just keeps flashing the monitors weirdly.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Gorgeous, works perfectly for me.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6423|The Twilight Zone

tupla_s wrote:

.Sup wrote:

Tried guliverkli2, it didn't freeze but couldn't get any video to play, just keeps flashing the monitors weirdly.
I currently use Splash Pro and haven't had any issues so far.
https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Hmm, they do have beta builds of MPC-HC, they might work.  Theyre loaded with new features that the stable versions dont have and I've never had a problem with crashing or anything before.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

WC, what was the name of the codecs you told me to install awhile ago? PM's are gone since the attacks on bf2s. I need to reinstall them. I remember they were pay.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Hmm, theres a few I've used.  CoreAVC is the most efficient, ffdshow is the most common and madvr is the absolute highest quality available right now.  Is it one of those?
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

Winston_Churchill wrote:

CoreAVC
Thats it. I remember their homepage was green and grey (lol).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

If your computer can run it, try out madvr for me and see if you can see a difference.  My computer gets angry at me when I try it.  Its supposed to have a fairly significant improvement on quality.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

I usually watch on what-is-now an underpowered laptop . That's really what has prompted me to look for better codecs.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Yeah same here.  I really need to update my computer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard