11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

so i should care that some tellers loose their jobs versus the millions of jobs lost caused by the banks actions?  no thanks.
The banks caused the collapse? Could've fooled me. I thought it was the millions of Americans that were living well beyond their means with catastrophic levels of debt.
aye.  but, the banks have to approve the loans, yes?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Kmar wrote:

People have always tried to live beyond their means.. what changed was the amount bankers enabled them to.
Do you blame the heroin dealer for supplying the heroin or the addict themself?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

There is plenty of blame to go around fellas. I blame them both.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

so i should care that some tellers loose their jobs versus the millions of jobs lost caused by the banks actions?  no thanks.
The banks caused the collapse? Could've fooled me. I thought it was the millions of Americans that were living well beyond their means with catastrophic levels of debt.
aye.  but, the banks have to approve the loans, yes?
Nope. Mortgage brokers were approving the loans and then passing them off to the banks as solid. Banks do very little mortgage lending directly. The whole idea of Savings and Loans went out the window a few decades ago. "It's a Wonderful Life" is no longer reality.

Last edited by JohnG@lt (2010-12-04 07:08:40)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

Mortgage brokers don't approve loans.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
11 Bravo
Banned
lots of people still go thru banks.  i do.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

11 Bravo wrote:

Your bank uses a broker as well. The broker submits it to an underwriter.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Kmar wrote:

Mortgage brokers don't approve loans.
You're right, the government does.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

Kmar wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Your bank uses a broker as well. The broker submits it to an underwriter.
all i know is i pay my bank...therefore all the other fluff behind the scenes doesnt matter to me.  i know its a scam but what can you do.  i still hold the banks ultimately responsible.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Your bank uses a broker as well. The broker submits it to an underwriter. They pass it off to an underwriter for approval.
all i know is i pay my bank...therefore all the other fluff behind the scenes doesnt matter to me.  i know its a scam but what can you do.  i still hold the banks ultimately responsible.
Because you choose to remain willfully ignorant and latch onto simple concepts.
-Frederick Bastiat
11 Bravo
Banned

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Kmar wrote:

Your bank uses a broker as well. The broker submits it to an underwriter. They pass it off to an underwriter for approval.
gee john but i remember banks getting bailed out....not the local mortgage broker
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Letting a shitty business go on because you don't want the "little guys" to lose their jobs isn't very libertarian, John.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

It should matter. When you hear about bailouts and then find out that the same people who took the money are also taking your house. In fact, as it turns out, lenders ended up being less likely to work with borrowers because the tax payer covered their losses. Total and complete backfire. I see it everyday irl.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6593|132 and Bush

11 Bravo wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

gee john but i remember banks getting bailed out....not the local mortgage broker
True.. most brokers work on commish. If they work for a major bank they may receive a sign on bonus.. perhaps some benifits. But a bailout? ..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ghettoperson
+1,943|6642

The Chinese pull this shit all the time, I don't see why the US and other countries should handicap themselves.
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6619|Canada
So yeah, Jester... bringin down terrorists and stuff... cool guy
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5029|Massachusetts, USA
Jester cant do this kind of shit, he just got his first blowie from a fat Australian chick.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6398|North Carolina

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's got nothing to do with bailouts and everything to do with laying bare business practices, operational information etc. Their competitors would parse through the data and rip the company to shreds.

And every employee of Enron did lose their jobs. The management should've been sent to jail, the copy boy on the 3rd floor did nothing wrong. Mass punishment goes completely against everything our Justice System stands for.
Well, I'll put it this way....  If I had my way, we'd do it the Chinese way.

Execute the corrupt executives.  The company stays, but the head gets lopped off.  The next executive enters with good pay and benefits but with the understanding that if he/she tries some shady shit, death is waiting.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

guy sounds like a hoax
UnkleRukus
That Guy

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

It's got nothing to do with bailouts and everything to do with laying bare business practices, operational information etc. Their competitors would parse through the data and rip the company to shreds.

And every employee of Enron did lose their jobs. The management should've been sent to jail, the copy boy on the 3rd floor did nothing wrong. Mass punishment goes completely against everything our Justice System stands for.

Execute the corrupt executives.  The company stays, but the head gets lopped off.  The next executive enters with good pay and benefits but with the understanding that if he/she tries some shady shit, death is waiting.
You mind providing sources where the Chinese executed executives?
Turquoise
O Canada

UnkleRukus wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://en.rian.ru/world/20091124/156965337.html

They deserved it too.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

UnkleRukus wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

JohnG@lt wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSPEK2206820070710

http://www.businessmonday.com/index.php … ;Itemid=33

http://jurist.law.pitt.edu/paperchase/2 … cutive.php
UnkleRukus
That Guy
In all honesty, it would look terrible on our country if we started doing it, but we would have a lot less corruption. Also, people would be less inclined to fuck with us, they would be like "they fucking execute their own for embezzlement money, don't fuck with those guys they might go apeshit on us."
Turquoise
O Canada

UnkleRukus wrote:

In all honesty, it would look terrible on our country if we started doing it, but we would have a lot less corruption. Also, people would be less inclined to fuck with us, they would be like "they fucking execute their own for embezzlement money, don't fuck with those guys they might go apeshit on us."
Hey, looks aren't everything...     I'd gladly incur that reputation if it meant less corruption.
jsnipy
+3,276|6515|...

doubt it would work well in a diverse western culture

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard