carnold40
+1|4882
I HATED the slide that said that gameplay pace will be closer to BFBC2 than BF2 because "Modern shooter fans demand a faster pace".

The best thing about BF2 was that it was more of a simulation than a regular arcade-like FPS. I love how in BF2, sometimes it is smarter to be patient, than to just jump in firing. And the times when things actually get quiet and slow...the feeling of not knowing when it will get hot again...that is what made BF2 such a great game.

If I want to play a faster paced FPS, there is always Quake, Unreal, Halo, and who knows how many more crap games out there to choose from.

Just as predicted by everyone, DICE will never manage to even come close to BF2. They COULD...but they won't. 

This is just depressing...
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
I've never seen my PM inbox spammed so much for a beta key.

I handed it out already, sorry guys, wish I had more of 'em.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Christbane
+51|6205
I used 2 emails to register but so far only got one key. if I get the other I will offer it up here
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
Anyone who does not want their key, or has an extra, feel free to give it to me.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6811|Missoula, MT

{B-T}<babacanosh> wrote:

Anyone who does not want their key, or has an extra, feel free to give it to me.
Or me...preferably me...yeah me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Without reading the rest of the thread, I'm going 'meh.'

Play for free, but pay for upgrades and no prone is what I'm guessing.
Christbane
+51|6205
I think most of the pay stuff is cosmetic but time will tell.  and yes no prone which I could care less about. I thought I would hate the no prone in Bad Co but I actually dont mind it.  the thing I hate the most so far is that you cant double tap w to run.  it's a decent time killer game if you are stuck somewhere with a laptop and nothing to do.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Christbane wrote:

I think most of the pay stuff is cosmetic but time will tell.
Well, when they started Battlefield Heroes, they said that paying for items is not necessary, as those won't have any advantage.
They dropped their own rule after a year or so.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Christbane wrote:

I think most of the pay stuff is cosmetic but time will tell.  and yes no prone which I could care less about. I thought I would hate the no prone in Bad Co but I actually dont mind it.  the thing I hate the most so far is that you cant double tap w to run.  it's a decent time killer game if you are stuck somewhere with a laptop and nothing to do.
Um yes you can double tap the w to run. I fricken hate it as shift+run is all I need for me.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I signed up for it 2 weeks ago and never got a beta key. What gives??
13rin
+977|6449
so this is how EA kills off Bf2.  fuckers.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Monkey Spanker
Show it to the nice monkey.
+284|6222|England
It is very poor at the moment tbh the match making sucks balls & you can't aim down the sights of the gun as all you get is a fuzzy view not to mention the disappearing mouse cursor before you even get in the game. It is still in beta so we will see.
Quote of the year so far "Fifa 11 on the other hand... shiny things for mongos "-mtb0minime
https://bf3s.com/sigs/f30415b2d1cff840176cce816dc76d89a7929bb0.png
13rin
+977|6449

DBBrinson1 wrote:

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Bull3t
stephen brule
+83|6272

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Not a bad trade in me thinks.
Christbane
+51|6205

War Man wrote:

Christbane wrote:

Um yes you can double tap the w to run. I fricken hate it as shift+run is all I need for me.
it wont work for me >/
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

Christbane wrote:

War Man wrote:

Christbane wrote:

it wont work for me >/
Well too bad.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Judging by the number of people who have responded to this, I take it this view is in the minority.

And does anyone even still play BF2?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Christbane wrote:

Some of the pay content includes weapons with higher % crit's, speed and armor upgrades, etc.
13rin
+977|6449

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

DBBrinson1 wrote:

Judging by the number of people who have responded to this, I take it this view is in the minority.

And does anyone even still play BF2?
yes.  many people.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

I do. I've got over 3000 hours played and I'm not gonna stop any time soon!
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

me too sadly
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
I play BF2 more than any other game I own by a country mile.
JAyThaRevo
+31|6257|Austria
Agree to the 3 above^^. Bf2 is THE best game ever made.

Not fast paced enough? Are you kidding me?

If some1 got a key, feel free to contact me @ xfire or via pm
Lorinser
I kneel to pee
+7|4863|France
I JEEZ IN MY PANTS!!!!!
omg the song is so EPIC!!
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
Battlefield Play4Free to get PunkBuster Support
It's probably not a surprise, but Even Balance announced their PunkBuster anti-cheat software will be used in Battlefield Play4Free.

PBBans and GGC posted on their forums that will add support for the game once streaming support is verified as working.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Electronic Arts Inc. has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBusterTM Anti-Cheat software into Battlefield Play4FreeTM. We will soon be opening a section on our website to support PunkBusterTM for Battlefield Play4Free. EA, Battlefield Play4Free and the Battlefield Play4Free logo are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EvenBalance.com

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard