Feeding the Cats.
+761|4959|Dundee, Scotland.

Jebus wrote:

Camm wrote:

Jesus, how small were you before?
What do you mean?

This was me in January 2010

http://imgur.com/BV9xr.jpg

I didn't lift seriously back then, sometimes only 1x a week. Didn't lift at all in the summer holidays (except for 2 weeks); so I've set september 2010 as my official 'real' start date lol.
fuck me that's impressive, nice work man!
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney
Yeah, great results!
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma
Shit. Nice one Jebus.

I'll pretty much agree with you on breaks, I always leave it at least 30secs, then on things like deadlifts and squats i'll do it when I feel like I can again.

Did my first leg session of the new rep layout, all the blood went to my legs a few times and I had to sit down, but it went well I think.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6303

Every time I've tried to get into a regular workout routine this year I've failed miserably Get up at 6am for school, get home at 6pm. By then I don't feel like doing anything. When do you guys normally do your workout? Early morning, after work?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6183|Roma
After flying normally. Good thing about that is I don't usually fly for that long hour wise but it's still tiring, so I physically have the time for it.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6651|The darkside of Denver
Jebus thats amazing!  Good job man.

Look at the progress in yoru damn chest in just a year, fucking a right brother.  You're doing somethign right

Last edited by SonderKommando (2010-11-29 08:18:59)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6462
if i ever do any sort of workout or exercise it's actually before a long work/study/essay session

do a bit of reading and then go for a run or do some little at-home workouts

raised circulation and oxygen intake seems to help my concentration for the next few hours... and it beats a coffee
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium

SonderKommando wrote:

Jebus thats amazing!  Good job man.

Look at the progress in yoru damn chest in just a year, fucking a right brother.  You're doing somethign right
Gotta say it was after chest/biceps workout though, so there was some pump left.

Edit: I still think BP is my weakest of the 3 lifts though (squat, DL and BP). I only managed a few sets of 145lbs, each around 4-6 reps.. (While my DL is at 270x5 and squat about 220KGx2.)

Uzique wrote:

if i ever do any sort of workout or exercise it's actually before a long work/study/essay session

do a bit of reading and then go for a run or do some little at-home workouts

raised circulation and oxygen intake seems to help my concentration for the next few hours... and it beats a coffee
Yeah, I agree with you. My concentration is always the best after working out.

Last edited by Jebus (2010-11-29 09:41:32)

Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
I've also found if I'm tired and workout I'll actually have more energy and be more alert afterwards (not immediately post-workout, more like half an hour and onwards afterwards). Just make sure you're not already physically exhausted to the point where your technique and form isn't up to scratch.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-11-29 12:56:41)

Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Upped all my weights today. I think my shoulders will feel it tomorrow. Also didn't eat as much as I should've (tried to but work got in the way) and so I didn't have enough energy to complete my ab exercises, unless I used really shit form.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

I used to love working my shoulders.. I'd hit them so hard that i couldn't put my arms up on my steering wheel to drive home . My arms ended up looking smaller because i started getting disproportionate.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
SonderKommando
I love shoulders. Nothing like pressing an insane ammound of weight above your head.  Well maybe picking an insane ammount of weight off teh floor...
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium
265lbs deadlift x5 today. 2 reps more than a while back. Didn't even manage 240lbs once last week, it's weird how my power fluctuates from week to week.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium
By the way, this guy frequents my gym

He's a true powerlifter (bearmode-type) and he's really helping me with my technique

Last edited by Jebus (2010-11-30 14:25:02)

Home
Section.80
+447|6839|Seattle, Washington, USA

Wow jebus I'm impressed. Keep up the good work dude
Sturgeon
+488|4932|Flintshire
Never really been into going to the gym/doing weights, my exercise has been limited to football/bike riding etc.

I want to have bigger arms and work on my upper body strength though.

This will probably seem a little vague but I've tried googling and there's a lot of information, it's quite confusing. Could anyone link me to/show me a basic arms/upper body workout plan, I can spare an hour or two a day for it, the only thing is I don't want to be paying for a gym membership but I do have a set of dumbbells.

Thanks.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6402|'Murka

SonderKommando wrote:

I love shoulders. Nothing like pressing an insane ammound of weight above your head.  Well maybe picking an insane ammount of weight off teh floor...
Haven't been able to do a solid upper body workout since April due to a jacked up shoulder. Yay for socialized medicine!
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5756|Belgium
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4032/4275602539_20d5ae0315.jpg

brb off to the gym on my bike
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6592|132 and Bush

FEOS wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

Haven't been able to do a solid upper body workout since April due to a jacked up shoulder. Yay for socialized medicine!
I used to military press behind my head. .. years later a doc told me that was horrible my shoulder girdle (after I hurt it).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

Sturgeon wrote:

Never really been into going to the gym/doing weights, my exercise has been limited to football/bike riding etc.

This will probably seem a little vague but I've tried googling and there's a lot of information, it's quite confusing. Could anyone link me to/show me a basic arms/upper body workout plan, I can spare an hour or two a day for it, the only thing is I don't want to be paying for a gym membership but I do have a set of dumbbells.

Thanks.
I was intending for the same thing but I was told on here it's best to workout your whole body, rather than just some parts. A couple weeks later and I'm beginning to agree with them (I have been working my whole body btw).
SonderKommando

Kmar wrote:

FEOS wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

I used to military press behind my head. .. years later a doc told me that was horrible my shoulder girdle (after I hurt it).
Yeah. Alot of people say to it from the front, same with lat pulldowns.  I still do behind the head once and awhile but I keep it light.  Mostly do it for a pump.
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
Starting to notice progress. Upped all my weights this week, can do more reps with less breaks on my ab exercises and tightened my belt a notch today
Sturgeon
+488|4932|Flintshire

Jaekus wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

Thanks.
I was intending for the same thing but I was told on here it's best to workout your whole body, rather than just some parts. A couple weeks later and I'm beginning to agree with them (I have been working my whole body btw).
Do you mind telling me what you currently do please, pm/post here whatever.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6612|London, England

Sturgeon wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

Thanks.
Check these out:

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-mu … hts-348714
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-mu … exercises/
http://www.menshealth.co.uk/building-mu … ck=main_sr

It's also about eating right

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrit … cle-foods/
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

Sturgeon wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Sturgeon wrote:

Thanks.
Sure.
All are using dumbbells, and 5 minutes of warmups on an exercise bike.

Mon/Wed/Fri - takes me approx 45-55 minutes
(biceps, triceps, legs, chest)
Flat flyes
Bench press
Bicep curls
Squats
Lunges
French presses (Skullcrushers)
Tricep kickbacks

Tues/Thurs/Sat - takes me approx 45 minutes
(back, shoulders, traps, abs)
Deadlifts
One arm rows
Lateral raises
Front raises
Reverse flyes
Seated shoulder presses
Upright rows

Then I do the P90X Ab Ripper workout (try a torrent ), it's a killer. Getting better at it though. (Takes me approx 20 minutes, because I take breaks as is encouraged on the DVD).

Exercises are seen here - http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/du … cises.html

You should do static stretches post workout too.

Last edited by Jaekus (2010-12-02 14:57:10)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard