unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6772|PNW

liquidat0r wrote:

If you happen to have multiple computers
I do.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6628|UK
at the same desk and such that you don't have to move in order to use each one?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I think I'd prefer something like this instead
https://img222.imageshack.us/img222/2736/11504194.jpg
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
So while gaming now, every now and then my screens will flash black, as though I've just had a res change, or my other monitors have been activated and de-activated, causing about 15 seconds of 'black-time' in a game.

It's pretty annoying. Any recent NVIDIA updates I should look into?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6286|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

FFLink wrote:

So while gaming now, every now and then my screens will flash black, as though I've just had a res change, or my other monitors have been activated and de-activated, causing about 15 seconds of 'black-time' in a game.

I remember we bought 5-6 PCs for my old school/work.. I wanted to go ASUS but my teacher/boss didn't want to wait for them to come in stock.. he opted for some Club3D and ohhhh boy did I hate those fuckers.. if you installed a driver newer than the one supplied with the card, the screen would flicker black for ½ a second regularly... fucking pos brands x_x
This happened on all 5-6 machines btw...

tl;dr drivers / shitty GFXcard etc...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such
Bloody hell this HDD is annoying me. As my case is so bad, I have to remove my graphics card and most of the wires to get to the hard drives, I don't want to do this. I'm fairly sure it's just buggered up, it's definitely the F3, it makes a 5 second long beeping/buzzing noise until windows starts every time I turn my pc on, anyone got any idea what it is?
I'd type my pc specs out all fancy again but teh mods would remove it. Again.
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

presidentsheep wrote:

Bloody hell this HDD is annoying me. As my case is so bad, I have to remove my graphics card and most of the wires to get to the hard drives, I don't want to do this. I'm fairly sure it's just buggered up, it's definitely the F3, it makes a 5 second long beeping/buzzing noise until windows starts every time I turn my pc on, anyone got any idea what it is?
So is it beeping or buzzing? There's a big difference between the two.
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

FFLink wrote:

Install Driver Sweeper, uninstall your drivers, boot into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper, reboot and redownload and install the latest drivers. If it still occurs the problem is with the actual graphics card, which is causing the driver to reset (which causes the black screens). Also, check your temps.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such

alexb wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

So is it beeping or buzzing? There's a big difference between the two.
It's a strange mix, doesn't sound like it's a mechanical problem, sounds like the drive is making the sound as some alert.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such
Ok, fairly sure its fucked now. Tried different SATA cables and PSU wires, still the same wonderful beeping. Now removed it from the PC but cant find the box it came in
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

presidentsheep wrote:

Ok, fairly sure its fucked now. Tried different SATA cables and PSU wires, still the same wonderful beeping. Now removed it from the PC but cant find the box it came in
Sorry, that sucks.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such
Meh, I'll send it back in to scan, they've been reasonable about returns in the past. Only had it a few months, should still be in warranty if they'll accept it without the original packaging.
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

presidentsheep wrote:

Meh, I'll send it back in to scan, they've been reasonable about returns in the past. Only had it a few months, should still be in warranty if they'll accept it without the original packaging.
Don't hard drives generally come in a generic box? Every single one I've ordered from NewEgg has been that way though (OEM).
Defiance
+438|6671

alexb wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Install Driver Sweeper, uninstall your drivers, boot into safe mode and run Driver Sweeper, reboot and redownload and install the latest drivers. If it still occurs the problem is with the actual graphics card, which is causing the driver to reset (which causes the black screens). Also, check your temps.
I've had a lot of problems with the ATI 10.10 and 10.11 drivers. However, going back to 10.9 makes the card run smooth as silk. I can't offer any specific versions for nVidia cards, but it's worthwhile to try older versions of drivers while doing the full cleaning process you describe. Driver crashes don't necessarily mean hardware failure.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
Awesome!  IT Tech support excuse generator:

http://www.strauss.za.com/sla/support.html
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

SonderKommando wrote:

It looks like its just throwing a handful of words together.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver

alexb wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

It looks like its just throwing a handful of words together.
Right, it is.  But to your end user those jumbled words sound like legitimate causes for problems.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6691|Devon, England
Plus you'd have a shitty accent to cover up any crappy sentences.
presidentsheep
Back to the Fuhrer
+208|5962|Places 'n such

alexb wrote:

presidentsheep wrote:

Don't hard drives generally come in a generic box? Every single one I've ordered from NewEgg has been that way though (OEM).
came in a plastic box with samsung written onit from what i remember, managed to find my invoice number after a lot of trouble and ive submitted an RMA request. shall just put it in an anti static bag and in an envelope with padding or something.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
this is really winding me up

have uninstalled and drivecleaned all my audio drivers using drivesweeper pro in win7 safe mode

i boot back into full... go to run that guy's win7 X-Fi package... "has detected a newer driver already"

then when i go to use the utilities that come with his package, e.g. the console and EQ launcher that i NEED

"incompatible with this device" and/or "cannot initiate error error error!"

no matter how i try to uninstall the drivers, they don't fuck off
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6312

Have you tried from Device Manager? If it's there in the "Sound, video, and game controllers section", right click on your device and click uninstall.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
what makes it even worse is that even with the new drivers, the sound is still shit

i still get the win7 crackles

really just fucking me off
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
alexb
<3
+590|5940|Kentucky, USA

Uzique wrote:

what makes it even worse is that even with the new drivers, the sound is still shit

i still get the win7 crackles

really just fucking me off
Is your onboard disabled?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
yeah i also turned the sound to just onboard and they still crackle

the thing is i thought i ruled out individual speakers being damaged, because the crackle would 'switch' from one speaker to another

now im not so sure... perhaps the control-pod module is borked and is just firing out shit to each speaker?

headfuck

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard