War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

HaiBai wrote:

War Man wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

probably just nostalgia
Don't get funny with me. It was great, whole new world to me and had a greater impact than bf2. With the airplanes, tanks, ships, and boats and the epic theme they tried to bring in the game. Battlefield 2's theme just gave me intense infantry fighting and the oh shit a tank, not to mention bf2 ruined dogfighting with airplanes.
i don't know, i've never played 1942.  i was just saying that usually you'll always think the first game you ever played was the best because you miss the memories.

but don't say bf2 didn't offer everything 1942 did, because it did.  the dog fighting in bf2 was badass.
I wouldn't go thinking bf2 dogfighting was better than 1942 when you said yourself you haven't played 1942. And no dogfighting in bf2 was meh especially compared to 1942; the AA missiles and afterburners ruined it. In fact I think you should shut the fuck up if you haven't played 1942. It was fun and offered more, with not just the basic dogfighting and ground combat but also fighting in the sea. Battlefield 2 got rid of sea battles which was fun, not to mention manual artillery which was interesting and fun to use. Quite frankly, battlefield 2 took away some of the good things from 1942 and Vietnam(which I never got the chance to play but I assume was pretty good and added more things) that helped make the games great.

Last edited by War Man (2010-11-07 21:34:31)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
iceman785
+93|6665|Alaska, mother fucker.
1942 was the shit.  I loved hoping into the destroyer guns on Omaha and raping the beach .  Being able to sink the enemies carrier and ships was awesome too, or driving the battle ship into position just off the beach on Wake. Fuck I miss those days... Also being able to play campaign in the order the battles actually happened. 

(Also, DC MOD )

1942 > Vietnam > BF2
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5477|Bolingbrook, Illinois

War Man wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

War Man wrote:

Don't get funny with me. It was great, whole new world to me and had a greater impact than bf2. With the airplanes, tanks, ships, and boats and the epic theme they tried to bring in the game. Battlefield 2's theme just gave me intense infantry fighting and the oh shit a tank, not to mention bf2 ruined dogfighting with airplanes.
i don't know, i've never played 1942.  i was just saying that usually you'll always think the first game you ever played was the best because you miss the memories.

but don't say bf2 didn't offer everything 1942 did, because it did.  the dog fighting in bf2 was badass.
I wouldn't go thinking bf2 dogfighting was better than 1942 when you said yourself you haven't played 1942. And no dogfighting in bf2 was meh especially compared to 1942; the AA missiles and afterburners ruined it. In fact I think you should shut the fuck up if you haven't played 1942. It was fun and offered more, with not just the basic dogfighting and ground combat but also fighting in the sea. Battlefield 2 got rid of sea battles which was fun, not to mention manual artillery which was interesting and fun to use. Quite frankly, battlefield 2 took away some of the good things from 1942 and Vietnam(which I never got the chance to play but I assume was pretty good and added more things) that helped make the games great.
damn dude, relax.  anyway, I guess I sorry of lied.  I have played 1942, but only at a friends house.

the dog fighting in bf2 is amazing.  if you actually think after burners made it worse, then that just makes me think that you were bad in a jet.  aa missiles didn't ruin anything, they aren't fire and forget.  when 2 good pilots are dogfighting,  its a challenge to get a lock
nickb64
formerly from OC (it's EXACTLY like on tv)[truth]
+77|5604|Greatest Nation on Earth(USA)

M.O.A.B wrote:

I'll definitely take a look into it.

As for a remake of 1942, I think Battlefield: Korea would be a better alternative, as opposed to doing either modern warfare or WW2 and considering there's no games I can think of set during the Korean War.
there was a bf2 mod for it, but i think it died

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard