IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6874|Ireland | Monaghan

Looks good.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
cool, they named an expansion after my life-long internet handle!

not-so-cool, the trailer once again looks about 100x more face-rapingly awesome than the game is!

i'd love to play a game that was an eve trailer 24/7
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
idk it is pretty fun killing haulers with lasers
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6775|Little Bentcock
dus dat meen dey hav walkin in da stashions nao?
CC-Marley
+407|6981
Downloading Eve now. Any suggestions?
Volatile
+252|6857|Sextupling in Empire

CC-Marley wrote:

Spend the first month training learning skills and other basics. Run some missions to get the cash flow going. Find an active non-shit corp with other people to play with(eve is boring as fuck solo) and to tell you what to do and what not to do.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623

Volatile wrote:

CC-Marley wrote:

Spend the first month training learning skills and other basics. Run some missions to get the cash flow going. Find an active non-shit corp with other people to play with(eve is boring as fuck solo) and to tell you what to do and what not to do.
this is the advice they give everyone

i think about 1% of trial-lists stick it out

good luck, really
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
re; learning skills nah just do the basic set up to level 4. then take some time, fly around and figure what you wanna do long-term. any race is good at both pvp and pve so there's no restriction there. hop into the bf2s channel too so i can groom you
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
oh also take advantage of any tutorial missions you get offered (indy/military etc) they throw a bunch of free ships and skillbooks at you

back in my day we only had an ibis and 5k rabble rabble
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6924|PNW

Trailer makes it look awesome, even if it's meshed with CGI. Unfortunately, I know better and would rather not have to deal with EVE's unnecessarily complex and redundant skillset, farming for ships that'll just get blown up and leveling while I'm offline.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
the bit with the guy in the hanger and the closeups of his face? not cgi.

and what would be the point of the game if not to blow ships up
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
oh and the massive skilllist thing was somewhat addressed a few patches ago, you show info on a ship now and it brings up 'recommended' certs to attain to use the ship well. the certs give a readout of the skills needed

and levelling offline? how is that a complaint?
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623
because there's no player accomplishment or determination in the game

want an uber character in another MMO? play hardcore, no life, or just be active

want a skilled character that can fly an awesome ship in EVE? subscribe for 6 months and don't even fucking play

it's retarded getting killed by someone that can pilot a superior ship to yours just because they've been paying for an acc. longer
Christbane
+51|6388
well if you have been actually playing the game for 6 months you will easily beat the guy who trained afk and then decided to undock and try pvp superior ship or not.  just because you trained the skills it does not mean you know how to use them. but there is also no doubt that this is a tough game to get into for a new player and I probably would not recommended it at this point unless you are ok with a very steep learning curve to get into 0.0 pvp.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum

Uzique wrote:

want an uber character in another MMO? play hardcore, no life, or just be active

want a skilled character that can fly an awesome ship in EVE? subscribe for 6 months and don't even fucking play

it's retarded getting killed by someone that can pilot a superior ship to yours just because they've been paying for an acc. longer
?

really it's not

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=8112139

a dreadnought takes over a year of planned SP'ing to fly properly, yet he was beaten by a ship anyone can fly within 20mins of starting an account - why is this?

because individual player skill matters a whole fuck-tonne more than durr hurr i has sp and isk and i will crush
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=7032658 another example, both same ship class and he has 2years of gametime over me. he lost because he's a retard, any intrinsic SP advantage he had certainly didn't help him.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

ted ted link me the forever alone pic where he becomes "forever da man"
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
i cant find it its before p300 in the pics thread
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6623

FatherTed wrote:

Uzique wrote:

?

really it's not

a dreadnought takes over a year of planned SP'ing to fly properly, yet he was beaten by a ship anyone can fly within 20mins of starting an account - why is this?

because individual player skill matters a whole fuck-tonne more than durr hurr i has sp and isk and i will crush
yeah but none of those examples are alone, 1v1, and the people flying frigate tackling ships and whatnot are set-up by a corp with ISK and protection. it's just not the same.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

https://i53.tinypic.com/ws8aky.jpg

FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum

Uzique wrote:

FatherTed wrote:

Uzique wrote:

?

really it's not

yeah but none of those examples are alone, 1v1, and the people flying frigate tackling ships and whatnot are set-up by a corp with ISK and protection. it's just not the same.
you can go it alone - http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail& … id=7428490

the guy who won that fight is in one of the generic starting corps so he's getting no help in the game, and he took the fight to a huge spaceholding alliance and beat someone with all that support, solo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6653|so randum
his kills make for a good read actually, he seems to go solo'ing in 500k-3mil ships waaay into player-owned space

LIVING THE DREAM
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Fuckin hell that boy doesn't mess.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6775|Little Bentcock

CC-Marley wrote:

Go out and kill shit. lots of shit. use tutorials for free shit. figure out what you wanna do and shit. train for it and shit. kill shit while training for shit and shit.

The biggest problem I found with players was that they were bored so they trained for a new exciting thing, and found a new exciting thing so stopped playing while they trained for it. I just tell them to calm down and enjoy what they can do NOW, and then they actually start to enjoy. They spent too much time looking at all the things they couldn't do instead of the things they COULD.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |

Go minmatar.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard