Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- … -the-works

Bethesda Game Studios is hard at work on the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, according to a new report.

It's a direct sequel to 2006's stonking great fantasy role-playing game Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Eurogamer Denmark said.

We've asked the author of the story, Eurogamer Denmark Editor-in-chief Kristian West, to translate into English for us (apparently Google doesn't do it justice). Here's what he said:

"This source not only confirmed that the game is in current production, but also spoke briefly about the content - with fantasy-sounding phrases like Dragon Lord, something with The Blades - and that voice acting for the characters in the game is currently happening in the weeks to follow.

"The same source confirmed, with official game documents in hand, that this will be the chronological sequel to what happened in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, which is the latest game in the now 16-years-old Elder Scrolls saga and by itself one of the better RPGs for PC and consoles.

"The sequel to Oblivion is coming, we can hereby confirm without hesitation. It's been a while since 2006, hasn't it?"
I've never played any of the Elder Scrolls games but with my far reaching love of Fallout 3, I think it's about time I do.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
it's still just using a modded gamebryo

quite disappointing
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
BRiiNDED
+137|6094
Play oblivion Poseidon its mint
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6601|New Hampshire, USA

BRiiNDED wrote:

Seriously, Oblivion was epic.

When I first played Fallout 3, it literally felt like Oblivion with guns- which was a good thing.  I <3'd Oblivion
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6508|Long Island, New York
I'm definitely gonna get to it. It's like $3 at GameStop right now.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6491|Austin, Texas

Lucien wrote:

it's still just using a modded gamebryo

quite disappointing
fuuuuuuuuck

when will bethesda use a new fucking engine

these games could be so good if the combat and player movement was better
Chou
+737|6761
Gamebryo
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6615

-=]NS[=-Eagle wrote:

BRiiNDED wrote:

Seriously, Oblivion was epic.
I agree awsm game though I used cheats to defeat the big monster demon thing at the end...
Stimey
­
+786|6090|Ontario | Canada
oblivion was sick

never got more than 10 hours into it though, just not enough time.
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't really mind if they use the same engine, but it's going to need some serious upgrading and tweaking. Magic and ranged were fine, but melee and horseback needs to be improved, as well as home customization and outfitting.

Also, leveling should be encouraged. I can pretty much slam through the entire game [Oblivion] without sleeping to raise a level, and I'll end up with imba stats that will rip apart anything and everything.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
I read this earlier today...

The fact that it uses Gamebryo means it's going to be as unstable as FO3 & NewVegas, and still feel the exact same as moving around in Oblivion or FO3/NV...

I installed and played abit of oblivion on my laptop, and it's obviously more expansive and hueg than the fallouts, but I don't like the whole bows/swords/magic thing
I guess that's why I ilked Fallout3, It was Oblivion with guns. Even if it isn't as big....

inb4 miggle throwing me another fit...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Chou
+737|6761
they will continue to use the gamebryo forever because they believe its the key to the succes
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Chou wrote:

they will continue to use the gamebryo forever because they believe its the key to the succes
Ironically it seems so
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Chou
+737|6761

FloppY_ wrote:

Chou wrote:

Ironically it seems so
Its the concept not that broken shit engine.
This will backfire at them if the same issues return.

I fucking hope they gutter up with Pandemic
Im getting Two Worlds 2 in the morning, now THATS how improvement is done.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Wait, Two Worlds 2 is an item? I was kind of ignoring it after trying TW1.
Chou
+737|6761

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Usa gets the retail on January 4th 2011.
The game's a fact and a damn solid one.

The haters from TW1 are baffled and kinda like too busy with the sequel to even eat or sleep.. Zing!
Chou
+737|6761
PC streams recorded from TW2
http://www.justin.tv/xenosage1989

fuck oblivion on gamebryo
compare TW1 vs 2 and tell me what you think.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

Chou wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Usa gets the retail on January 4th 2011.
The game's a fact and a damn solid one.

The haters from TW1 are baffled and kinda like too busy with the sequel to even eat or sleep.. Zing!
Its supposed to be the next big bang in that genre. Much better than Arcania and even better than Risen. Nothing like the boring bugfest TW1 was. Polished and intriguing.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6410|Brisbane, Australia

"direct sequel to Oblivion" and almost 100% using Gamebryo still is the worst start to TES:V but it will still be better than most games.

Sequel to Morrowind on a new engine would be best case.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

1. Better than Arcania isn't saying much, but I'll give TW2 a look.
2. Sequel to Morrowind on a new engine would instantly sell me. Could get the werewolf curse for the extra challenge again and try not to rip anyone apart.

Much.
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

1. Better than Arcania isn't saying much, but I'll give TW2 a look.
True, hence I added Risen into that sentence, cause that was a good game
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6236|'Merica
I'm actually excited for this because Oblivion was such an epic game.  There was so much to do in that fantasy world with monumental vistas, but it was SO time consuming.  I would clear out an entire cave and two hours would go bye.  You'd think after playing that game for forever, you would eventually "level out" in everything but no, you still had so much more to do.  That was a pro and a con.  I defiantly don't have time for an oblivion-esque game anymore, so I will probably not buy it.  Also, they are using the same engine? really?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't really have a problem with it being time consuming as long as make it challenging and interesting.
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6438
Bethesda has never (and probably will never) developed a game with game-play that wasn't shit.

I doubt this will be much different.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

Bethesda has never (and probably will never) developed a game with game-play that wasn't shit.

I doubt this will be much different.
I liked Morrowind.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard