yerded
Bertinator
+255|6606|Westminster, California
Discounting the lack of aviation, why do you play so much Karkand?
Is it simply the best map, or is it simply the highest scoring map.
I wonder if karkand should be dropped in the next patch as a  official map. Look at the leaders stats and notice how much time they spend playing that one map.
     I confess I love karkand too, mostly because of no jets/helis.

Last edited by yerded (2006-05-09 13:08:16)

Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6734|Dallas
You die in a burning flame.
wahjot
+30|6554
yes drop the most popular map that is a brilliant idea
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6727|06-01

wahjot wrote:

what he said
ThundergodTyLor
You am dee best!
+34|6666|RCM Headquarters
It's the map with servers with the best ping for me.
macca2001
+1|6607
its probably the only map to offer the closest combat possible.  i hate having to run half the map to get to the action sometimes, with karkand its right on the doorstep.  an upshot of this is that it offers high points and an easy way to get the criteria for a lot of awards :-)
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6565|Toronto-Canada
i really hate it right now,before that was my only map that a played and then i foung out that wake, sharqi,gulf of oman are great for sniper,karkand there are too many sniper and PKM whores
mjw
The All Rounder
+22|6728|Rotherham, England
i dont agree with dropping it but i do tend to avoid it these days.
i used to play it a lot, but it has now become very lame and unless your playing medic or support you probably wont have a good round. (unless your a tank whore).
i think sharqi is becoming the new favorite map, because it is a lot more open and dynamic than karkand and offers something to nearly everyone.
My personal fav will always be dragon valley though, it looks beautiful, includes both jets and choppers and it encourages teamplay.
thats my 2 cents, i'm out.
SysTray
"Generous mods" < Thats right Systray !
+180|6791|Delaware
Because there's always a damn server with room that's playing it. Can't find a good 24/7 Shonghua these days...
Ikuza
Commander Disconnect
+-1|6769
1. Becuase it's really, really fun.
2. I hate verifying and most 24/7 maps are Karkand
3. All kits have some purpose in the round. For the first few minutes at least.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6588|Manitowoc, WI
I dont really have a probelm with karkand, i have a problem with the people that play there.

When you are on the MEC and are losing the East Island YOU NEED TO GO THERE AND DEFEND IT. DO NOT WHORE AROUND AT THE HOTEL.  When the MEC loses that gatehouse they lose all their assets and ALL of their armor.  That means double armor for the USMC and NO armor for the MEC.  Please take this to heart
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6698|Louisiana
I don't play it nearly as much as I used to. I mostly play Wake now, Karkand just feels noobish and cheap.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6758|Singapore

macca2001 wrote:

its probably the only map to offer the closest combat possible.  i hate having to run half the map to get to the action sometimes, with karkand its right on the doorstep.  an upshot of this is that it offers high points and an easy way to get the criteria for a lot of awards :-)
Sharqi's closer.. But the karkand idea is just to wh0re up the points.
wahjot
+30|6554

xintegrityx wrote:

I mostly play Wake now, Karkand just feels noobish and cheap.
this doesnt make any sense
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6698|Louisiana

wahjot wrote:

xintegrityx wrote:

I mostly play Wake now, Karkand just feels noobish and cheap.
this doesnt make any sense
Wake feels cheap too sometimes, but Karkand moreso. I feel like I die more on Karkand as a result of my circumstances rather than a lack of skill on my part.
Capt. Foley
+155|6557|Allentown, PA, USA
because people want bf2 to be like CS and this is the closest they can get right now
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
i play Karkand a lot simply because almost every server has it

it's not anywhere near my favorite map (Daqing Oilfields bitches!!!) but it's just that a whole lot of servers play it... so i kind of have to

it's not that i DON'T like it... it just gets repetetive after awhile

i love servers that have 2 rounds per map, cycling through ALL of the maps, but they don't have enough of those...

Edit: i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map

Last edited by genius_man16 (2006-05-08 19:31:07)

yerded
Bertinator
+255|6606|Westminster, California
" i'll bet i'm like the only person in the world that thinks Daqing Oilfields is the best map "
I think you'd win that bet
san4
The Mas
+311|6658|NYC, a place to live

macca2001 wrote:

its probably the only map to offer the closest combat possible.  i hate having to run half the map to get to the action sometimes, with karkand its right on the doorstep.
Exactly the same for me. Every other map (except Sharqui) has big empty spaces (with no control points) that take a long time to cross if you are on foot. You can't really play most maps without getting into a vehicle at some point--and you can't do anything if there are no vehicles at your location. Karkand and Sharqui are the exceptions.
wahjot
+30|6554

san4 wrote:

macca2001 wrote:

its probably the only map to offer the closest combat possible.  i hate having to run half the map to get to the action sometimes, with karkand its right on the doorstep.
Exactly the same for me. Every other map (except Sharqui) has big empty spaces (with no control points) that take a long time to cross if you are on foot. You can't really play most maps without getting into a vehicle at some point--and you can't do anything if there are no vehicles at your location. Karkand and Sharqui are the exceptions.
maps that are wide open have more than enough vehicles to go around, and mashtuur you can easily walk around too
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6608|Olympus Mons, Mars
I like it because the funny part is that everybody in the U.S. team that stands on the hill, throwing grenades. It was like comets hitting the ground. the other part is, I love to snipe on the hill. Another one is this thing:
https://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/pic64.jpg
https://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/pic65.jpg
https://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/pic66.jpg
Thats what I try doing when I'm U.S.
Thats why I be squadleader that destination, so more people kill the MEC people in the Factory..
[2ndSS]Splinter
+1|6534|Florida

tthf wrote:

wahjot wrote:

what he said
well put...Karkand kicks ass

Last edited by [2ndSS]Splinter (2006-05-08 19:52:15)

BallisticallyYours
+23|6600|Chicago, IL

lxcpikiman wrote:

i really hate it right now,before that was my only map that a played and then i foung out that wake, sharqi,gulf of oman are great for sniper,karkand there are too many sniper and PKM whores
There is just as much opportunity if not more for the other kits than just the pkm and sniper. I can use a medic with the m16 a2 and pick off snipers and pkm users, I'm just not going to take a tank head on, I'll hide thanks!

And Karkand stays, because Its the only decent urban combat map besides warlord.

Last edited by BallisticallyYours (2006-05-08 19:53:42)

DeadboyUSMC
+65|6669|NCFSU2
I don't think it's the best map, quite frankly, I'm damned sick of it.
douche1001
Banned
+-6|6533
cuz you faggots think youre playing cs

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard