LSD_Wash
+64|6815
Let me make sure I understand this...

I'm pretty sure I'm right about this but I wanted to make sure.  When 1.03 came out I had about 25k global points and was just about to get a new rank.  (Staff Sergent if I remember correctly)  Anyway, I didn't have all my badges but had planned on getting them well in advance of becoming 1st sergent.  So when 1.03 came out I was promoted several notches to Master Sergent.  I didn't get 1st Sergent because I was missing knife, explosive, and resupply badges.  So I thought, cool, I'll get those few remaining badges and get another rank.  WRONG!  After getting the badges and waiting for a while there was no rank.  So I looked at UBAR again more closely.  Looks like the required rank for 1st sergent is Gunnery Sergent.  I take this to mean Gunnery Sergent only and NOT Gunnery Sergent or higher. (a.k.a. Master)  So I guess I missed the boat on getting 1st sergent because 1.03 sped up the rank before I had a chance to get badges.  Am I right?

I'm 95% sure I AM right so it isn't really a question as much as a warning for those of you approaching the 20k mark.  If you want to make 1st Sergent instead of Master Sergent, GET YOUR STINKING BADGES!
atlvolunteer
PKMMMMMMMMMM
+27|6773|Atlanta, GA USA
Yeah, I think a lot of people got screwed on that.  Luckily (I guess), I only had ~12000 pts when the patch came out.  I am trying to get all of the basic badges before I reach 20k, but I still can't get that damn knife badge.  To make matters worse, I have over 50 knife kills now, so will get the veteran instead of the basic when I do get it.
fateit
+0|6820|Tacoma, Wa
Yea that sucks man. I've had all my basic badges since I was Lance Corporal
and when 1.03 came out I only had about 15k global. Anyhow made my points
last night (tho when I went to bed here AND bfhq said I still had 200 to go). So
I can't wait for the day to end so I can go home, get 1 point, and make 1st Sgt.

On a further, rank related note. Anyone know whats up with the Officer ranks??
Does 2nd Lt get anything? Or is it just another rank, without a spiffy unlock or anything?

Last edited by fateit (2005-10-24 07:21:12)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard