Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6824|Canberra, AUS
From the Pakistanis I talk to the problem is not uncontrolled Islamism or religious fervour at all.

It's corruption.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6560|'Murka

Spark wrote:

From the Pakistanis I talk to the problem is not uncontrolled Islamism or religious fervour at all.

It's corruption.
Same problem in Afghanistan. It's a cultural thing. The level of "acceptable" corruption in those areas is much, much higher than in the west. It is part of the cost of doing business.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6554|North Carolina

FEOS wrote:

Spark wrote:

It's corruption.
Same problem in Afghanistan. It's a cultural thing. The level of "acceptable" corruption in those areas is much, much higher than in the west. It is part of the cost of doing business.
Then it sounds like they aren't worth doing business with at all.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

Spark wrote:

It's corruption.

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

you actually beleave this, gentlemen, don't you? that in the west the corruption levels are actualy lower than in other parts of the world? i'd call you naive if i didn't know a better word for it.
corruption is a part of the cost of doing business everywhere, and your own is anything but lower. the only actual difference is you can simply print some more money to cover the costs for yourself while so called "global market" absorbs the blow.

Last edited by Shahter (2010-11-21 13:52:14)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
FEOS
+1,182|6560|'Murka

Shahter wrote:

Spark wrote:

It's corruption.

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

you actually beleave this, gentlemen, don't you? that in the west the corruption levels are actualy lower than in other parts of the world? i'd call you naive if i didn't know a better word for it.
corruption is a part of the cost of doing business everywhere, and your own is anything but lower. the only actual difference is you can simply print some more money to cover the costs for yourself while so called "global market" absorbs the blow.
Read what I wrote.

The level of acceptable/expected corruption in those cultures is far, far greater than it is in the West. Fact.

Whether you agree with that FACT or not is really irrelevant.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Spark wrote:

It's corruption.

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Read what I wrote.

The level of acceptable/expected corruption in those cultures is far, far greater than it is in the West. Fact.

oh, so their corruption is more blatant and doesn't wear suit'n'ties - that changes what exactly? your whole great nation and global economy is one enormous financial fraud - and not only you readily accept that, you in your "culture" have that shit for ideology, ffs. how's that for acceptance?
FEOS
+1,182|6560|'Murka

Way to not get the point at all. However, you do sound like there's a WTO protest somewhere you're missing...
― Albert Einstein

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

FEOS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Spark wrote:

It's corruption.

FEOS wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

Read what I wrote.

Yeah that's why Asians think it's ok to bribe cops everywhere

Corruption has quite a bit to do with the pay of public officials afaik.

Shahter: It's a lot easier to sneak in weapons into say Taiwan than it is for the UK. I'm using this example as both countries are island nations.

Last edited by Cybargs (2010-11-22 05:38:39)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

FEOS wrote:

However, you do sound like there's a WTO protest somewhere you're missing...
what does that have to do with anything?
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter: It's a lot easier to sneak in weapons into say Taiwan than it is for the UK. I'm using this example as both countries are island nations.
easier? or just cheaper?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

easier? or just cheaper?
easier.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

easier? or just cheaper?
easier.
i take it you've done it yourself, right?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6148|Vortex Ring State

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

easier? or just cheaper?
easier.
yeah ofc he bought his paintball gun in the US,

no but seriously, it is far easier.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

easier.

for the right amount of money you will get anything anywhere these days.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

eh no... try sneaking an AK in the US.

all the guns used in Taiwan for crime are imports (coz theyre higher quality than military ones we got here lel).
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

you speak from personal experience, right?
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6148|Vortex Ring State

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

nar, he speaks from his family business experience.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6924|Moscow, Russia

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

nar, he speaks from his family business experience.
really? wow. and i thought he was talking out of his ass - as always.
Turquoise
O Canada

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

A better question would be...  do you speak from personal experience?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

Turquoise wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

A better question would be...  do you speak from personal experience?
pwned

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption … ions_Index

There are methods to measure levels of corruption shahter.
jord
+2,382|6827|The North, beyond the wall.

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Nobody is denying that. People are just telling you its probably harder to smuggle weapons into the UK than it is Taiwan. Though both can be done of course.
FEOS
+1,182|6560|'Murka

Shahter wrote:

FEOS wrote:

However, you do sound like there's a WTO protest somewhere you're missing...
what does that have to do with anything?
Because you're spouting the same kind of unfounded nonsense those people do. Should have been self-evident.
― Albert Einstein

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

jord wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

Nobody is denying that. People are just telling you its probably harder to smuggle weapons into the UK than it is Taiwan. Though both can be done of course.
one is through dodging customs and one is paying off customs
Turquoise
O Canada
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/1 … tml?hpt=T1

Some ally Pakistan is.  Maybe we should let them handle things on their own and just tell them if anything happens to us again that involves terrorists they're harboring, we'll nuke the parties responsible.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6865

Cybargs wrote:

jord wrote:

Shahter wrote:

one is through dodging customs and one is paying off customs
edit: well Taiwanese gangs are very very politically affiliated... read up the bamboo union.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard