Vub
The Power of Two
+188|6490|Sydney, Australia
By playing BF2 you are thinking in the very short term. There's plenty of time for games, but not plenty of time for school work. Your peers are all home doing homework, and the school's not going to be understanding regarding your gaming habits, so might as well not make life difficult for yourself and do the work. I assure you that the joy from coming first in the class in a subject, or being awarded and recognised academically, is far far far greater than going a good round in BF2.

First, know and convince yourself that playing BF2 like this is disgustingly irresponsible. Second, you need a plan of action. I take it that it's become habitual for you to kick up BF2 everytime you get home, which eventually ends up taking your whole night, every night. This means that your BF2 addiction is just "the next step" you're used to doing in your routine after getting home.

So all you need to do is initiate some change. Change your routine. Change where you study. Do everything differently compared to what you normally would do. Work at the library for a while. Work in the dining room. Don't turn on the computer. Rather than playing BF2, get something to eat, then do some work. Your goal is to take BF2 out of your daily routine. Don't think of playing BF2 as being normal, think of it as a leisure activity only.

If BF2 is still so tempting, then uninstalling it for the sake of your studies is the best course of action.
|BFC|Icenflame
+11|6472|Cape Town - South Africa
admitting there is a problem is the first step to recovery! thats to true hell at one stage I was spending over 4 hours a day everyday playing BF2 it took its toll on my relationship and work...

your young and still in school enjoy school while it lasts learn to control yourself more. Use this as an opportunity to grow and learn. Limit yourself tell yourself you will only play BF2 after your homework and stick to it. The sooner your learn self discipline the better you'll be in future...

good luck
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6641

2tuff wrote:

thareaper254 wrote:

What should I do?
Your homework.
lol yeah dont think of bf2 one thing is play it soooo much till u get sick of it that way u wont play it no more just dont over due it or ull die dont want that to happen.
too_money2007
+145|6304|Keller, Tx
I'm still addicted to BF2 and since I don't have the internet at home atm, I'm screwed. Dominating in SP is just not fun anymore.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6561|England

thareaper254 wrote:

Hi my name is Brandon, it is really hard for me to do homework because right when I'm about to do it I just go to the computer and start up BF2. I really want to do good in school, but every time I say I'm gonna do my homework I don't do it and end up playing hours of BF2. What should I do?
You just need better time management.
Certainly in the lead up to exams, I force myself to revise, revise and revise some more. My mind mentally cannot go to an exam unprepared.
Ive only ever failed 1 achademic exam in my life (driving test doesnt count ), and that was by 1% last year.

I apply the same principle to coursework. You just need to focus your mind. Think about earning that BF2 medal a week later. BF2 will still be around after exams, coursework or whatever. So you miss out on a week or whatever, so what.

For me, working 4 days a week and 1 being at Uni, I force myself to do work once a week at the minimum - leaving every other night free to do what I want - social, BF2 or whatever else.
Devastator
+3|4936|Scotland
I realize this is a THREE YEAR OLD THREAD but i cant resist posting my opinion.

back in 2006 when i first starting BF2-ing then later 2142-ing, i was allowed to game only in the weekends for 3 hours a day.
Anybody else would think that was enough and i would concentrate on school right ?

If Brandon followed this routine, he probaply would get less addicted, but for me it worked in the opposite way. I got more addicted, because 5 hours a week didnt satisfy my need for BF2. i spent more time studying UBAR and my stats than i did on Ancient Greek. this had its toll on my later education of course,
but Did i regret it ?  No.
believe it or not 2006-2007 were my best years.
Back then (and up to now actually), a round of BF2 was much better than getting straights A's, i always scraped through marks anyway.

Now, the year of 2010, whilst many have switched to BC2, guess where u will find a Uni student ? lol back on the bf2 servers !
im only 4 times a week for 2 hours at Uni, so the rest of 4-8 hours a day are wasted on BF2, i certainly do enjoy it, but...i miss the days of playing only twice a week to be honest, BF2 IS taking over....
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5479|Bolingbrook, Illinois
this reminds me of 7th and 8th grade
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6469|6 6 4 oh, I forget

2006? Oh, to be 27 again... *sigh*

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard