:blacKOut:
Shevchenkooooo
+42|6261|'Merica

:blacKOut: wrote:

yup that, of course, was my first thought, but its easier said than done.  i guess hearing that advice from some random person over the internet makes me think that the whole situation is actually more fucked up than i want to believe it is...
*note to everyone:

follow the advice of bf2s (lol).  dont try to be the nice guy and attempt to work things out.  nice guys, do in fact, finish last.  but whatever, shit happens.

EDIT: its been a rough patch...all i can do is LOL about it and bitch to u guys <3

Last edited by :blacKOut: (2010-11-18 23:24:22)

Stimey
­
+786|6116|Ontario | Canada
ex removed me from fb friends.
­
­
­
­
­
­
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
geeeeeeeeeet over it
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6230|S.A. Australia
That's why she's an ex.  Moving on.
Serious Flex
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5480|Bolingbrook, Illinois
so this girl tells me that if she were to marry someone, i would be the perfect guy.  yet shes been going out with some random fucker for the past 2 and a half years.  is there any way i could win her over or should i just keep waiting?
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6230|S.A. Australia
Propose to her.
Serious Flex
Lai
+186|6147

HaiBai wrote:

so this girl tells me that if she were to marry someone, i would be the perfect guy.  yet shes been going out with some random fucker for the past 2 and a half years.  is there any way i could win her over or should i just keep waiting?
That's an easy one. The girl would be better of with you, but is young and mistakes douchbaggery for adventure, reliability for boredom and thus assumes the two positives are mutually exclusive. In due time she will learn one way or the other. Now there are ways to win her over, but will she learn? If you win her over and she doesn't, she might never, she'll blame you for everything, you'll have lost years of your life and energy and both of you are off worse than before. If you let her be, she might find out on herself. Whether that'll be the easy or the hard way, whether that'll be too late or not, and whether you'll still be waiting none can predict. It's your call: being 'nice' now might be worse on the long run, while being tough now might mean preservation later.

lets say, hypothetically, your bestfriend called a girl you hooked up with really ugly and always made fun of you for it.  then two weeks later, he hooks up with her.  how would you respond?  THEN, lets say after that you have been fooling around with another girl for a little over a month, but you end up doing something that creates distance between you and the girl, your bestfriend comes in and talks to her and cuddles with her. how the fuck would you feel?  /endrant

love ranting to bf2s <3
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/2/26/Yevgeny_Onegin_by_Repin.jpg

nice guys, do in fact, finish last.  but whatever, shit happens.
And yet,.. there might be grace in finishing last.

Last edited by Lai (2010-11-21 15:09:40)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
fun fact: the last ever recorded duel with a fatality happened in the village im living in now

not-so-fun-but-equally-factual: if a girl is talking to you about marriage in highschool, she's fucking nuts and you should avoid her

nice guys finish last and competition sucks, so you've either gotta be a bastard, break some codes and seize it, or let it slide

your call
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

Who wants to finish last gracefully?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
i dunno there is a certain amount of validation and satisfaction in respectfully bowing out of a race and then playing the spectator as the other guy's shit slowly goes from good to bad to worse to fucking horrific. sometimes it's nice to side-step all the drama that you would have inevitably had coming for you, and to watch some other guy battle it out. maybe you know what i'm talking about. in retrospect some 'missed opportunities' seem like giftful excuses from heaven.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6645

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Just the way Lai put it sounded like being the nice guy and never getting the girl was somehow noble.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
whatever self-convincing gets you through, eh

sometimes i myself personally just hate the feeling of competition, 'heat' and other guys trying to pee on your lamp-post

so i just leave it. i can definitely sympathize with that approach sometimes. not sure it's borne out of a noble urge, though.
JakAttaK
csanva<3
+492|6322|England
Debating whether or not to post my girl "troubles" or not
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6170|Sydney | ♥

I stopped chasing about 2-3 years ago, and have never looked back.

I've been on some dates with some people i've met at partys/the like.. but never clicked..

...patience and our paths will meet
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5784|Catherine Black

tazz. wrote:

I stopped chasing about 2-3 years ago, and have never looked back.

I've been on some dates with some people i've met at partys/the like.. but never clicked..

...patience and our paths will meet
Where I'm at tbh.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
nah finray where you're at is hopelessness
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6568

hehehehehe
eskimo_sammyjoe
Did someone say tea?
+112|6230|S.A. Australia
It's fun watching people who are no good at social situations describe themselves as "just waiting for the girl to come along".

Not aiming at you Tazzie, but I know plenty of people who are complete social retards and they claim to be not interested in chasing girls.
Serious Flex
Lai
+186|6147

ghettoperson wrote:

Yeah I can see where you're coming from. Just the way Lai put it sounded like being the nice guy and never getting the girl was somehow noble.
Being nice doesn't equal being a doormat and there's a big diference between not always getting the girl and never getting the girl. Also, there is never anything noble about not getting the girl on itself. Uzique is right: grace is in knowing that if the girl can't distinguish between decent and douchebag, she wasn't the right one for you anyway.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

Lai wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

Being nice doesn't equal being a doormat and there's a big diference between not always getting the girl and never getting the girl. Also, there is never anything noble about not getting the girl on itself. Uzique is right: grace is in knowing that if the girl can't distinguish between decent and douchebag, she wasn't the right one for you anyway.
nice guys finish last.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6466
the point is cybargs is that finishing last in a race to be with a horrible woman isn't a 'victory', you muppet
13rin
+977|6475
I finish last & she loves it.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5995|Vortex Ring State

Stimey wrote:

ex removed me from fb friends.
lol some girl I know removed some 600 FB friends. Claimed she removed them if they didn't fit 2 criteria. She had about 800 so before.

1: Haven't talked to in the last 2 months.
2: Probably will never need to talk to.
Lai
+186|6147

Cybargs wrote:

Lai wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

nice guys finish last.
You know the guy that ran the original marathon? He finished first, then dropped dead.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Seriously though I am not getting your point here. You are repeating yourself. I am trying to explain that the concept of nice guy does not have to refer to the classic shy "nice" guy who is simply passive. There is a lot better than and inbetween Alan and Charlie Harper
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6618|Little Bentcock

Lai wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Lai wrote:

nice guys finish last.
You know the guy that ran the original marathon? He finished first, then dropped dead.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Seriously though I am not getting your point here. You are repeating yourself. I am trying to explain that the concept of nice guy does not have to refer to the classic shy "nice" guy who is simply passive. There is a lot better than and inbetween Alan and Charlie Harper
..but he won

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard