Banned
+965|5382|Cleveland, Ohio
and a better kd ratio on cod bo
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6682|Long Island, New York

Turquoise wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

I've never had more than a can and a half. I started shaking and my hands were trembling after the first time I had one. Maybe it's just my personal experience, but even after having 10-12 shots during a pregame, I NEVER feel that way.

Then again, I had a severe heart problem last year, and that could be why.

I don't know, man. I just don't see any reason to keep it on store shelves. Yes there are other ways to get the effect and those aren't really that bad, but Four Loko in itself is pretty bad. I would be fine if they put them back on store shelves (they're still out there, but without caffeine) with a giant warning on the side. Then, it really would be consumer beware. Just like cigarettes.
That could work.  Warnings are fine, but I just dislike bans unless there's a really good reason.
A large warning on the side and being placed in liquor stores would absolutely suffice.

JohnG@lt wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

I'm still not seeing how one Four Loko is dangerous.  Most of the evidence points to how multiple cans are a problem, not a single beverage.

For example, I've had a Four Loko, and it didn't mess me up.  Now, admittedly, I'm not a binger, nor have I ever been one, but when I was young, my lifestyle would not have led to any trip to the hospital, etc.

I guess it just seems like it would make more sense for the FDA to have forced Four Loko into liquor stores than to have pushed for removing its caffeine.
I've never had more than a can and a half. I started shaking and my hands were trembling after the first time I had one. Maybe it's just my personal experience, but even after having 10-12 shots during a pregame, I NEVER feel that way.

Then again, I had a severe heart problem last year, and that could be why.

I don't know, man. I just don't see any reason to keep it on store shelves. Yes there are other ways to get the effect and those aren't really that bad, but Four Loko in itself is pretty bad. I would be fine if they put them back on store shelves (they're still out there, but without caffeine) with a giant warning on the side. Then, it really would be consumer beware. Just like cigarettes.
It has alcohol in it. What more warning do people need? "Side effects include vomiting, dizziness, going to bed with strangers, excessive urination and possible death" Holy shit. Your problem isn't the drink, it's that you have zero tolerance for caffeine.
Er. I literally have an empty can of Monster in my garbage right now from last night. Had it, felt fine. Four Loko? Different story. And I know many, many people who could tell you similar stories.
11 Bravo
Banned
hmmm i have about 20 bottles of sam adams, 2 rockstars, and two mcrib containers in my trash
Ticia
+73|5480
So let me get this straight...alcohol is legal and caffeine is legal....but if you mix them together inexplicable it becomes illegal?

On a side note does anyone over 21 even drinks 4loko? I thought those tacky cans were for kids and bums who can't afford glass.

Last edited by Ticia (2010-11-19 05:07:22)

Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6550|North Carolina

Ticia wrote:

So let me get this straight...alcohol is legal and caffeine is legal....but if you mix them together inexplicable it becomes illegal?

On a side note does anyone over 21 even drinks 4loko? I thought those tacky cans were for kids and bums who can't afford glass.
lol...   I have 20-something friends that still drink it, although they'll drink no more than about 1 can in one sitting.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

Some of my American friends drink it when pre-gaming. They're all 22+ with jobs.
11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

Some of my American friends drink it when pre-gaming. They're all 22+ with jobs.
omfg stop using that term
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|6144|Vortex Ring State
what term.

"pre-gaming"

or

"22+ with jobs"
11 Bravo
Banned
pre game

pre drink
-----------

fuck sake stop
Trotskygrad
бля
foreplay fall into the same category, 11B?
11 Bravo
Banned
no.  sex is not the same as touching boobie.  drinking is drinking however
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

Just so that I avoid offending your delicate sensibilities in future, what's the preferred nomenclature for the consumption of alcohol at home prior to going out?
Trotskygrad
бля
ah I get what you mean.

So there's no pre-eating either
11 Bravo
Banned

ghettoperson wrote:

Just so that I avoid offending your delicate sensibilities in future, what's the preferred nomenclature for the consumption of alcohol at home prior to going out?
drinking
11 Bravo
Banned

Trotskygrad wrote:

ah I get what you mean.

So there's no pre-eating either
bingo
ghettoperson
+1,943|6794

11 Bravo wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

drinking
Fair enough, I was just trying to make the distinction between my friends sitting around at home for the night getting hammered drinking these things, than getting a buzz on before going out.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6884|Toronto | Canada

Everyone uses pre drinking here too... Its useful to differentiate between drinking before going out and drinking at a bar or something.

Like if you asked someone where they're drinking tonight, they'd probably say the bar theyre going to.  But if you asked where theyre pre drinking it would be a different place
11 Bravo
Banned

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Everyone uses pre drinking here too... Its useful to differentiate between drinking before going out and drinking at a bar or something.

Like if you asked someone where they're drinking tonight, they'd probably say the bar theyre going to.  But if you asked where theyre pre drinking it would be a different place
hey guys come over around 9 and we will have a few beers before going downtown

difficult?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Thats not what my question asked
11 Bravo
Banned
ok...

so who's house are we drinking at before we go to the club?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5503|London, England
I'm pro pre-gaming.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
13/f/taiwan
+940|5844

Ticia wrote:

It's around $3 a can.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

11 Bravo wrote:

ok...

so who's house are we drinking at before we go to the club?
compared to

where are we predrinking?

twice as long...
11 Bravo
Banned
and less gay
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

right.  or youre just old.

Board footer