B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6410|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
Hey guys need a little bit of advice, im looking at buying a new monitor soon the one im looking at says it has 1x hdmi , 1x dvi and 1x vga input is it possible to have my pc and ps3 hooked up at the same time without having to run either my pc or ps3 on the vga port for the best image quality?
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4987|Dundee, Scotland.

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

Hey guys need a little bit of advice, im looking at buying a new monitor soon the one im looking at says it has 1x hdmi , 1x dvi and 1x vga input is it possible to have my pc and ps3 hooked up at the same time without having to run either my pc or ps3 on the vga port for the best image quality?
Yes. If you get a monitor with 2 of dvi/hdmi/vga then you can do it.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6410|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
After a little bit of looking around it seems like i can just plug the ps3 directly to my monitor since they are both hdmi anyway then just use dvi to connect it to my pc right?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6674

I'm doing that right now, actually. PS3 through HDMI, PC through DVI.
I've also used the headphone output on the monitor to go to my computer so I can play sound through my regular speakers instead of the monitor's. Do you have a way of doing that?
You could also use the other set of PS3 cables (red/white/yellow) and get something that'll change those red/white audio outputs into a typical headphone plug and plug that in your computer; then go into the PS3's settings and tell it to output the audio through those, but the video through HDMI.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4987|Dundee, Scotland.

B00MH3ADSH0T wrote:

After a little bit of looking around it seems like i can just plug the ps3 directly to my monitor since they are both hdmi anyway then just use dvi to connect it to my pc right?
yes
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard