Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
just because i haven't mentioned networking with people for career/education, doesn't mean that's not another valid point

yes, i often am arranging parties on a weekly basis. yes, i also use it to get in touch with writers, agents, academics, journalists and all sorts of other promoters. it's a fantastic tool. whatever your personal reasons, the 'type' of person like Floppy that are all PFFT FACEBOOK OMG NO WAY are just fucking pathetic. they're just hipsters x10. inconveniencing yourself to make some sort of shitty 'statement' is lame.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

ghettoperson wrote:

Ok, but I don't want to text 200+ people to find out which ones are going to be where that night. Facebook I can check who is going where, and decide based on that what I want to go. I'll then text people to arrange to meet up. Sure, if I only know 10 people that's manageable, but there's plenty of people I like hanging out with who aren't close friends and that I don't talk to much other than when I'm out.
Guess I just got over talking to a lot of those people years ago, I may know a lot more than 10, but its the core group that are worth my time, and are worth hanging out with. I know who to call depending on what I want to do.

That attitude could be the result of living in a ski resort with a high turn-over rate, and a reason to drink every night, where you meet so many people that you stop remembering names though. You learn who you want to be around and the rest fade into the background.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6655

myspace, tbh. ♥ survey bulletins
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
how is that description of your social environment any different from a vibrant university campus with 10,000 people

you're hardly the only social cosmopolitan
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Uzique wrote:

the 'type' of person like Floppy that are all PFFT FACEBOOK OMG NO WAY are just fucking pathetic. they're just hipsters x10. inconveniencing yourself to make some sort of shitty 'statement' is lame.
Agreed, don't really think they are pathetic though, just obtuse, which is something I'm sure you understand. It's convenient I guess, just not all that great.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada

Uzique wrote:

how is that description of your social environment any different from a vibrant university campus with 10,000 people

you're hardly the only social cosmopolitan
Didn't say I was, was just saying I did that thing for a long time and know that those 100 people don't mean shit in the long run. It's those 10 that you can call, hence the not needing facebook to network with them, and it not being that much of an inconvenience to call them.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
i'm not saying they're essential parts of my social life

what i am saying is that every social event would be pretty shit if it was just the same 10 people everytime

having 'acquaintances' and, dare i say it, 'meeting new people' is a fun part of an active social life

whether they become life-changing best friends or not, or rather, who cares... doesn't matter
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5789|Catherine Black
https://imgur.com/itgob.png

check the outgoing cons, lol.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Freezer7Pro
I don't come here a lot anymore.
+1,447|6198|Winland

Finray wrote:

http://imgur.com/itgob.png

check the outgoing cons, lol.
Ha ha, you're using mostly public trackers.
The idea of any hi-fi system is to reproduce the source material as faithfully as possible, and to deliberately add distortion to everything you hear (due to amplifier deficiencies) because it sounds 'nice' is simply not high fidelity. If that is what you want to hear then there is no problem with that, but by adding so much additional material (by way of harmonics and intermodulation) you have a tailored sound system, not a hi-fi. - Rod Elliot, ESP
jay_courage
Alive in a sea of mediocre
+131|5960|Carnoustie
can I get some advice on IEM please, I thought I knew what I wanted but I'm now in doubt, price range of 200-300
Thanks
I Friggin Love The Nhs
Defiance
+438|6672

jay_courage wrote:

can I get some advice on IEM please, I thought I knew what I wanted but I'm now in doubt, price range of 200-300
Thanks
The chart WC posted looked like a good place to start. The ones you had lined up seem to be pretty well received, actually.

Updated version of the same chart.

Last edited by Defiance (2010-11-17 08:28:55)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6522|Austin, Texas
I got Westone 2s at the advice of Zimmer and like them quite a lot. There is a slight lack in bass, but the fit is perfect, super comfortable, good sound, and most importantly the cord is sturdy. 2 year warranty.

$250
Computer_Guy
+54|6698
Thinking about getting 2x 120gb intel ssd for raid 0 since trim is supported in raid now. Is it worth it?
mikkel
+383|6602

Computer_Guy wrote:

Thinking about getting 2x 120gb intel ssd for raid 0 since trim is supported in raid now. Is it worth it?
Give it a bit. Leaked Intel roadmaps suggest that Intel are launching their new architectures, revamped older architectures, and new capacity tiers within the next two months.
Computer_Guy
+54|6698

mikkel wrote:

Computer_Guy wrote:

Give it a bit. Leaked Intel roadmaps suggest that Intel are launching their new architectures, revamped older architectures, and new capacity tiers within the next two months.
Yeah but im thinking of getting it for christmas.
mikkel
+383|6602

Computer_Guy wrote:

mikkel wrote:

Computer_Guy wrote:

Yeah but im thinking of getting it for christmas.
Give yourself an IOU note for two better and cheaper SSDs a month or two later.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4969|Dundee, Scotland.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/53672/IMG00162-20101118-1435.jpg

FloppY_
­
+1,010|6287|Denmark aka Automotive Hell
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
ok guys

got really fucked last night and had a lot of people in my room, yada yada... long story short, woke up today and the sound on my computer is pretty fucked. the speakers crackle with a sort of static whenever the volume is pushed to a decent level, as if they're broken... but i know they're not (unless every single speaker somehow broke, at once). im not sure if the computer applied any automatic updates, or if it crashed, even... it locked up during the night when a playlist was playing and had to have the power turned off and back on again.

odd. any ideas?
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Cable jack got knocked and damaged?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6471
not sure how that would have happened... i checked all the connections and stuff. guuuuuuuuuuuh
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
Try reinstalling the audio drivers nigga. If its integrated try uninstalling from device manager and then reinsall by rebooting or right clicking the computer name on teh device tree and scan for hardware changes. 

You can check the windows update log Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Update\View update history
alexb
<3
+590|5941|Kentucky, USA

Uzique wrote:

ok guys

got really fucked last night and had a lot of people in my room, yada yada... long story short, woke up today and the sound on my computer is pretty fucked. the speakers crackle with a sort of static whenever the volume is pushed to a decent level, as if they're broken... but i know they're not (unless every single speaker somehow broke, at once). im not sure if the computer applied any automatic updates, or if it crashed, even... it locked up during the night when a playlist was playing and had to have the power turned off and back on again.

odd. any ideas?
Maybe some spilled something on them?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard