11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio

11 Bravo wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

A sniper should work alone , should not stay very close to the enemy and should at all costs avoid getting his position revield , using a SOUNDball does just that...
Isn't the kit appropriately named "recon" ?

As in, go behind enemy lines and scout shit out?
well...thats only if you dont have a sniper rifle.  you can be recon with a regular gun.  and what you going to scout out?  everyone knows where everything is already.
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
you guys do know you can throw those balls pretty far away and towards enemy base. If you are the sniper sitting at the back of your spawn you certainly are not a helpful team player. And not giving away your position, being funny are we. Every time you kill one you give away your position and most likely they come and hunt you down.

Maybe you don't need it but we who attack REALLY needs it to get a upper hand when attacking. Having 7 snipers on your team and not a single fucking one throwing a motion mine are useless snipers. Oh and when you do throw one you will most likely detect the person who come hunting you so you can camp even longer and stay alive.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6256|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Zukabazuka wrote:

you guys do know you can throw those balls pretty far away and towards enemy base. If you are the sniper sitting at the back of your spawn you certainly are not a helpful team player. And not giving away your position, being funny are we. Every time you kill one you give away your position and most likely they come and hunt you down.

Maybe you don't need it but we who attack REALLY needs it to get a upper hand when attacking. Having 7 snipers on your team and not a single fucking one throwing a motion mine are useless snipers. Oh and when you do throw one you will most likely detect the person who come hunting you so you can camp even longer and stay alive.
qft

Snipers saying motionmines are useless is like a medic saying paddles are useless because he can't revive himself with them...
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
why would I give my position away by shooting someone , no im not one of those type 88  890234029476 roundperminute spammer , 1shot1kill

and I'm not saying theyre useless, I'm saying I rather not give my position away and get instakilled so my team can see that one guy over there they won't even care about at that moment...
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
If you snipers laid a line of motion mines the fuckers wouldn't get through to be able to kill you.. Aim up throw the motion mine towards enemy Mcom or flag, that ball has almost zero weight so it will be half across the map before it runs out of juice. Anyone within its range would most likely be picked up and killed, at least if soldiers where near the area.

Oh and we have Q too, something you snipers rarely do. You see we just drag our aim across the horizon while pushing Q and see if we pick up one hiding. If we do we can often kill him before he has a chance of retreat. So you are better of throwing that motion mine to enemy base while scoring some extra point.
FloppY_
­

thepilot91 wrote:

why would I give my position away by shooting someone , no im not one of those type 88  890234029476 roundperminute spammer , 1shot1kill

and I'm not saying theyre useless, I'm saying I rather not give my position away and get instakilled so my team can see that one guy over there they won't even care about at that moment...
Everytime a sniper kills me, and I see where he is on the killcam, he can be damn sure I will be hunting him down after the respawn...
^DD^GRiPS
American Hillbilly
+12|6769|Long Beach, CA

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Everytime a sniper kills me, and I see where he is on the killcam, he can be damn sure I will be hunting him down after the respawn...
I don't even need them to kill me for me to weed them out.  All I need is for them to take even one shot at me and I am zeroed in.  I love when they miss and I hear the ping or zip of the bullet I can immediately locate the direction and usually see the bullet tracer and they are dead.  Sucks for them when they actually do get a kill and they don't move, and when they miss or just damage me and then they get out sniped with whatever gun I happen to have equipped.

When I play recon I play the same as any other kit I just use 4x scope.  I don't have the patience to sit in one spot and pick off people.  Plus I can't let a flag get taken over, I love seeing a sniper on map right next to a flag getting capped and they don't even move.  I will at least fight for it.
Ptfo
FloppY_
­

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

I don't even need them to kill me for me to weed them out.  All I need is for them to take even one shot at me and I am zeroed in.  I love when they miss and I hear the ping or zip of the bullet I can immediately locate the direction and usually see the bullet tracer and they are dead.  Sucks for them when they actually do get a kill and they don't move, and when they miss or just damage me and then they get out sniped with whatever gun I happen to have equipped.

When I play recon I play the same as any other kit I just use 4x scope.  I don't have the patience to sit in one spot and pick off people.  Plus I can't let a flag get taken over, I love seeing a sniper on map right next to a flag getting capped and they don't even move.  I will at least fight for it.
I miss the days of the superfast tracer dart... oh sniping was a dangerous business, and beeing engineer with RPG/CG was so satisfying xD

Even funnier are the average snipers, who will sit completely stationary and not see you before it's too late and they have a Guided AT4 missile up their scope ^^
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

FloppY_ wrote:

^DD^GRiPS wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

I miss the days of the superfast tracer dart... oh sniping was a dangerous business, and beeing engineer with RPG/CG was so satisfying xD

Even funnier are the average snipers, who will sit completely stationary and not see you before it's too late and they have a Guided AT4 missile up their scope ^^
I don't take a shot if I'm not sure I'll hit and that shot will kill you and 8 never play with kill cam and I barely ever snipe at less than 200meters and you go on and trace me on 300 meters after you respawned...

And fyi motionballs dont travel 200meters +
You guys are talking about noobsnipers not snipers....
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
Motion mines can be thrown from the hills at first Isla Innocentes to the enemies Mcom.

No a sniper that doesn't use his motion mines to help his team is a noobsniper, Because the attacker have most likely have 5 less attackers who are just gonna sit still and wait for the person to stand completely still in order to get the kill. So we who attack have some unfair odds against us and then the enemy throw a motion mine and we are fucked.

A good sniper is called RECON not sniper.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

^^ Recon and Sniper are two very different things tbh ...
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Varegg wrote:

Indeed.
And I get utterly annoyed when the whole recon class is restricted, while I've actually have equipped my Saiga, M93R Burst and C4.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!

globefish23 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Indeed.
And I get utterly annoyed when the whole recon class is restricted, while I've actually have equipped my Saiga, M93R Burst and C4.
yeah that's a hardcore recon kit!!!

but a SNIPER shall not be so close to the enemy that he even gets halfway (or less) trying to "ball" them ...

...oh, and a good sniper helps his team by not dying (no ticket loss) and still being able to kill people regularly.

Last edited by thepilot91 (2010-11-16 08:07:03)

FloppY_
­

thepilot91 wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Indeed.
yeah that's a hardcore recon kit!!!

but a SNIPER shall not be so close to the enemy that he even gets halfway (or less) trying to "ball" them ...

...oh, and a good sniper helps his team by not dying (no ticket loss) and still being able to kill people regularly.
For a team game, a Recon is 10 times more helpfull than a sniper...
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

Varegg wrote:

Indeed.
I had a great game before they nerfed the slugs...

Play that desert map
Be assault with SAIGA & Slugs
Rape every snipers face from 300 range
Never run out of ammo, have medic squad mate, never die...
mfw:
https://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6769/1236664538680300x273.jpg
Problem Recon?
Zukabazuka
+23|6655
Since you are sitting so far back you are even more useless as a team member, not arming the Mcoms or taking over the flags, you are just waiting for that one person to stand still. Do you bother to mortar bomb the Mcom after being armed? Or kill those who are near it?

But if you are so far back why do blame that the enemy will find your position when you are using motion mines? Also the people you kill can be revived by their medics making your little long shot worthless. So even then its worth throwing those motion mines because we could actually use them on our way to their base to see if some enemy is hiding nearby.

All you need to do is aim up a bit and then throw the damn ball, it will go pretty far and when landing still be there for few seconds. Just because you decide to go sniper only doesn't mean you should stop using your other gear.

There is a reason why 7 or more snipers doesn't bring victory to your team while attacking.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6637

Oh, I don't know about that.  If every attacker went sniper with mortar...

I've destroyed MCOM's just with mortar when defense is just too tough to breach...
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria
Planting C4 around the MCOMs is actually more productive than the mortar in keeping enemies trying to disarm away.

I think that a recon with the Type 88 and the spotting scope (plus motion mines, mortar and M93R burst) as a medium range marksman would be much more efficient than a long-range sniper.

A sniper always hiding in the same spot doesn't even have an unobstructed line of sight to properly use the mortar on most spots of the map.

Also, IMO the recon's camouflaged ghillie suit is much more useful when running around hiding in the peripheral areas of the contested objectives, because there are is a limited number of locations for classic sniping with a good line of sight, and practically everyone who has played a bit knows where the snipers are hiding, thus making their ghillie suits useless there.
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6780|Nårvei

The socalled good sniper hiding spots on Arica is still a good place to rack up kills knifing noob snipers

Got some headshots with the repairtool also right there on the top of the slope, some people never learn
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
FloppY_
­

globefish23 wrote:

Planting C4 around the MCOMs is actually more productive than the mortar in keeping enemies trying to disarm away.

I think that a recon with the Type 88 and the spotting scope (plus motion mines, mortar and M93R burst) as a medium range marksman would be much more efficient than a long-range sniper.

A sniper always hiding in the same spot doesn't even have an unobstructed line of sight to properly use the mortar on most spots of the map.

Also, IMO the recon's camouflaged ghillie suit is much more useful when running around hiding in the peripheral areas of the contested objectives, because there are is a limited number of locations for classic sniping with a good line of sight, and practically everyone who has played a bit knows where the snipers are hiding, thus making their ghillie suits useless there.
They must have buffed the Type88 since I last played then, because it was mostly useless

I prefer the VSS, though short on ammo, it will stop an army untill it runs dry
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
Well if my position is blown I go to anotherone before I get killed , yes I mortar the M-coms as soon as they get armed , motionmines still won't go that far , and some maps the best spot to snipe is behind the enemy lines as far as you can get and shoot the people at the frontline, the type88 takes 4 shots to kill /2 in the head (normal) and 2/3 for the body kill 1 in the head (hardcore) not much magnification and sounds awfully loud , In my opinion worst sniper ever... either the VSS or the (cantrememberthenameofit) silenced rifle for close up sneakkills (in hardcore ofc.)

oh and if I see a medic reving my last kill I give him the treatment and then kill previous guy again...
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
As recon I tend to run in with the RDS/ACOG on the SVU, a Grach, and get kills around ~200 meters, throwing motion mines.

that and if I want to do long range (eg, be a sniper) with the 12x and a GOL, I'm sure to move and shoot, not stay in 1 spot. and if I see advancing infantry, I motion mine then grenade that fucker.

Usually someone in my squad will spawn on me and hopefully take him out or damage him enough that I can finish him with a pistol.

nuff said.
GullyFoyle
+25|5356
New Battlefield Blog Post:  VIP Map Pack 7:  The Cold War is Back!

https://blogs.battlefield.ea.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/550x0/__key/CommunityServer.Blogs.Components.WeblogFiles/battlefield_5F00_bad_5F00_company/Cold-War-1.png
The third post in our series on the upcoming VIP Map Pack 7 brings you to a small village in the mountains. There sits one of the most tight and intense infantry maps for Battlefield: Bad Company 2.

Cold War will be recognized by players of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 as the place for one of the singleplayer missions. It features an up until now quiet village high up in the mountains, located deep inside Russian territory.

The game mode of choice is Rush, with the Russian team deploying a surprise counter attack in order to win back the US controlled area. In stark contrast to the vehicle based gameplay in Heavy Metal, Cold War is solely focused on close quarter combat because of the narrow alleyways in the village. Being a remix of the original singleplayer map, in multiplayer the Russians are attacking from the opposite direction, downhill, with the ultimate goal to push the US team out onto the frozen river.

Cold War was specifically chosen for Map Pack 7 because of its wonderful winter setting and multitude of pathways where players can face each other head on. We also wanted a map to complement the bigger, vehicle-based, ones.

[b]Come back tomorrow for a full run through of Harvest Day

Last edited by GullyFoyle (2010-11-17 16:41:23)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
black ops much?
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

black ops much?
Yeah because BlackOps invented Winter warfare in Russia right?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard