fuawe
+12|6584
I was thinking about some special kind of crates today that could be implemented...
We all know there is all kind of ammo in those normal supply crates... So why can't they put guns in them?! E.g. when you'd be near the crate, you could change your kit (like from engineer to sniper) but you'd only be allowed one change per crate. (Preventing exploitation)

In my opininon this'd be very usefull. Especially if someone is any other kit than engineer and standing near the wrecked arty or UAV. He'd be able to fix it...

What do you think? Good idea?

BTW, this is not planed to be in 1.3, this is just a suggestion what I think would really make 1.3 better.

Last edited by fuawe (2006-05-06 14:45:14)

fuawe
+12|6584
Yes, that's why you'd have to implement fixes and "locks" so you can't spam it or whatever. There is always a solution, you just have to find it.
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6786
That would be nice sometimes, like when you get revived but end up with a diff kit heck I even got revied once and was to far away from all the kits, so no wep for me, that was funtastic.
Shadow_Omega
+16|6600

spage wrote:

That would be nice sometimes, like when you get revived but end up with a diff kit heck I even got revied once and was to far away from all the kits, so no wep for me, that was funtastic.
wow,so i suppose you fisticuffed with the nearest MEC tank you could find then XD.
KillinSprE
+0|6624|Alberta Canada
Damn Str8....another war game I enjoy (no names) allows you to change kits in armour locations....really sux being a medic and then waiting to die when you see enemy tanks roll in at the last minute. Maybe not crates but bases would be an idea.
Johnny_Quicksilver
+4|6700
i like it +1
ShEpArD_oF_rOt
+16|6578|Illinois
Just kill people and take their kits. Not your teammates of course! That's a sure fire way to piss them off in a hurry.
Brasso
+1,549|6643

ShEpArD_oF_rOt wrote:

Just kill people and take their kits. Not your teammates of course! That's a sure fire way to piss them off in a hurry.
lol

I think that's a great idea about the kit crates.  Good thinking.  Lets hope EA listens.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Plisken
POE2 Addict For Life
+21|6596|Vic, Australia
If they were to implement it, they would probly make it so you only get the basic weapon (m16, mp5 etc) to stop people from running from a small squad as a sniper to a support with a mg36 or assault with a FN2000
fuawe
+12|6584

Plisken wrote:

If they were to implement it, they would probly make it so you only get the basic weapon (m16, mp5 etc) to stop people from running from a small squad as a sniper to a support with a mg36 or assault with a FN2000
Interresting, though I don't think EA would implement that! Would be a bit "too weird" seeing a medic runing around with a SAW...
k1LLr_M
Prone to Own
+118|6606|Houston, TX
they could also do it like Battlefront, whereas you can change weapons at a spawn point.
but yeah it would need a lot of restrictions and would probably introduce a bunch of bugs so it wouldn't be worth it to EA
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6786

Shadow_Omega wrote:

spage wrote:

wow,so i suppose you fisticuffed with the nearest MEC tank you could find then XD.
naw, i just ran around like a chicken with my head cut off until i found a group of friendlies that i followed till i could grab a mec kit, it was like the normandy landing in band of brothers.
Black Vaine
+43|6634|K-Town, Sweden
great idea fuawe and the others, +1 for you!
SCOUT1382
+0|6639|SO. CAL
I think it would be cool to select the pieces of your kit individually. Like Engineer could select to carry C-4 instead of AT mine, Or any kit could select to carry double loadout of Nades instead of another item. I know there are good Snipers out there who wish they could carry a double ammo load when they have a commander that sucks and won't drop a supply crate. A bit off topic but it hit close to an idea I had.
fuawe
+12|6584

SCOUT1382 wrote:

I think it would be cool to select the pieces of your kit individually. Like Engineer could select to carry C-4 instead of AT mine, Or any kit could select to carry double loadout of Nades instead of another item. I know there are good Snipers out there who wish they could carry a double ammo load when they have a commander that sucks and won't drop a supply crate. A bit off topic but it hit close to an idea I had.
Not a bad idea at all!
Though you'd have to make restrictions; e.g. you couldn't carry all the heavy stuff. (Support weapons, AT Mines, a wrench, silenced pistol) I think this would make the battlefield much more unique, fun and competitive!

BTW, I also like the idea with changing the kits at the spawnpoints. How many times have I taken in a controlpoint, but then a tank showed up and captured the point again because I could not defend it...
spage
Get Claymores, Here!
+7|6786

fuawe wrote:

SCOUT1382 wrote:

Not a bad idea at all!
Though you'd have to make restrictions; e.g. you couldn't carry all the heavy stuff. (Support weapons, AT Mines, a wrench, silenced pistol) I think this would make the battlefield much more unique, fun and competitive!

BTW, I also like the idea with changing the kits at the spawnpoints. How many times have I taken in a controlpoint, but then a tank showed up and captured the point again because I could not defend it...
It's a good idea, it worked for Joint Operations, you could mix and match equip but you couldn't carry more than xx pounds and the heavier gear you had the slower you moved.
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6595|MANCHESTERRR

fuawe wrote:

I was thinking about some special kind of crates today that could be implemented...
We all know there is all kind of ammo in those normal supply crates... So why can't they put guns in them?! E.g. when you'd be near the crate, you could change your kit (like from engineer to sniper) but you'd only be allowed one change per crate. (Preventing exploitation)

In my opininon this'd be very usefull. Especially if someone is any other kit than engineer and standing near the wrecked arty or UAV. He'd be able to fix it...

What do you think? Good idea?

BTW, this is not planed to be in 1.3, this is just a suggestion what I think would really make 1.3 better.
i like it, i like it alot! *Rings up DICE*
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6584|England
Yeah me too! you could snipe your way to their stuuf then shazam into a spec ops and blow it all up! as long as it wasnt like the hot swapping on the xbox version!!MY GOD that was shit!!
jrockyourdome
Banned
+10|6625|yourmomshouse
screw it thake the guy that got shot next to you. you know the one that took the bullet so u could get 2 points.
fuawe
+12|6584

jrockyourdome wrote:

screw it thake the guy that got shot next to you. you know the one that took the bullet so u could get 2 points.
Yeah, but as I said, that's not really the situation.
Look at it like this: You are taking in the base all alone (behind the enemy lines... silent but deadly)
So there's this tank coming behind you and no anti-tank anywhere. You're screwed then... But not with the crate...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard