Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

This is the thread for Rugby Union related talk.

(Because I don't like most of the sports you guys are into.)
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

All Blacks vs. Wallabies game the other day, who watched it?

Bloody good game, it was heartening to see the Wallbaies show immense pressure and heart from the start whistle to put themselves 12-nil up and even better to see the All Blacks level the score within five minutes.

The Wallabies win was actually really good to see and I'm saying this as a NZ supporter, (obviously,) because James O'Connor's game was one he should never forget. It was Hollywood-esque really, (ignoring the fact that judging by the film Invictus Hollywood doesn't know how Rugby is played.) The dude was fantastic, cool under pressure, incredibly skilled. He performed flawlessly at the highest international level there is. Well deserved of a Green-and-Gold dogpile at the final whistle.

The ABs did really well too, the reason they fell down wan't due to a lask of skill but more poor substitution choices. Stephen Donald, poor bastard, is being blamed for the defeat - he deserve it, I mean I only saw him make one good move - a good tackle - the rest of he time as soon as he got the ball he gave it to the Wallabies and of course he missed the potentially match winning kick - a kick that Dan Carter could probably have headbutted over. No-one really knows why the selectors chose him since there are at least two first fives who have been playing btter than him even at a regional level. Some Aussie papers are calling him "the best Wallabies' player". It shouldn't forgotton that Isaia Toeava's one great contribution the the game was falling on his arse instead of tacking a runaway Wallabies' fast-bastard Kurtley Beale, (which led to a try.)

All in all though a good game and good to see the Wallabies break their record-breaking ten match losing streak against the ABs.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I didn't see it but I heard it was fantastic
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
nobody cares.  might want to go to the AU spam thread.
Adams_BJ
why the AU thread?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Yeah Rugby is more of a NZ chat thread thing.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

ty, serious question

doesn't that haka shit make you feel embarrassed? it's hilariously stupid
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

11 Bravo
Banned

Toilet Sex wrote:

ty, serious question

i know right
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
i wish i could find some trollicide for you morons

that was a great game. stupid AB kicking the ball away to give the Wallabies another chance. All they had to do was hold on for another 45 seconds THEN kick the ball out. Sheesh.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality

Toilet Sex wrote:

ty, serious question

it is better than some of the ridiculous touch down celebrations of American football or the look-at-me-look-at-me football/soccer celebrations.
personally i like to see how their opponents respond to the challenge. The Welch response was awesome.

Last edited by Stubbee (2010-11-06 07:47:07)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
you can watch england vs nz right now
{B-T}<babacanosh>
+31|6572
Noob Question:

I live in Canada
What channel does rugby show on....TSN ESPN?

if not, can someone give me a link to live games
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
espn

nz 26 England 16
brutal headbutt by nz #2 on eng #7 in first  half but not called. Wonder if they will see it on review.
brutal forearm by eng #16 in second half

Last edited by Stubbee (2010-11-06 09:52:35)

11 Bravo
Banned

Stubbee wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

ty, serious question

it is better than some of the ridiculous touch down celebrations of American football or the look-at-me-look-at-me football/soccer celebrations.
personally i like to see how their opponents respond to the challenge. The Welch response was awesome.
no its gay
Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6542

Stubbee wrote:

Toilet Sex wrote:

ty, serious question

you're stupid

and by your reaction i'm guessing it is embarrassing
11 Bravo
Banned
btw rugby fans are the most loud, annoying, fat, and white trash cunts to ever walk the planet.
Adams_BJ

11 Bravo wrote:

btw rugby fans are the most loud, annoying, fat, and white trash cunts to ever walk the planet.
thats rugby league, not union
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

speaking of, how good was that 4 nations final?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Adams_BJ wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

thats rugby league, not union
This is correct.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

What crawled up your butt marine?

The Haka doesn't embarrass me. Not when the ABs do it anyway because it actually means something. When some shit NZ team does it its kind of embarrasing. What's worse is when fans do it - like at the Athens Olympics if a NZer placed fourth they'd get an impromptu Haka. Fucking embarrassing.

The Haka's a lot better than our national anthem anyway. I'll never know why the play it twice, (once in maori, one in english.) When the maori version ends people clap and players break formation and then it starts up again for the english version. Just dumb.

Four Nations final was epic. Messiest bloody try I've ever seen at the end but exciting as all Hell.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Stubbee
+223|6713|Reality
I have been away for a week. Soo much to catch up on.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Ty wrote:

Four Nations final was epic. Messiest bloody try I've ever seen at the end but exciting as all Hell.
I was glad NZ won, as they had more Dragons players than the Aus side.

Sheens is in idiot, I still can't believe Carney and Boyd didn't play in the final. LOL
Sturgeon
+488|4911|Flintshire
Damn, missed this thread. Overall a very disappointing Autumn series for Wales, yes we were missing key players but drawing against Fiji, come on.

If we play like that in Feb/March we'll be competing against Italy for 5th place in the 6 nations.

Saw McCaw got player of the year again, Henry coach and AB's team, thoroughly deserved mind, I thought Harinordoquy had a good year at 8, the southern hem sides are a different class though.

Hopefully Wales pick it up and Shane comes through the 6 Nations with no injury worries ready for the WC!
https://bf3s.com/sigs/3dda27c6d0d9b22836605b152b9d214b99507f91.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Aw poo.

Great game from the Wallabies, I haven't seen them play that well in years. Something fired them up. They just hit with massive passion in the first half and completely knocked the wind out of the ABs who mostly looked tired, old, injured and disorganised for pretty much the whole first half. They came back in the second half to show why they're considered the best team in the world but it was too little too late and the fact remained that whenever the Wallabies got the ball they were lethal with it.

Hate to say it but it looks like once again the All Blacks are going to be the best team in the world between World Cups. Hope the home-field advantage pushes them over the line. The Wallabies on the other hand look like they've broken their recent funk. They didn't just sneak in a win like in Hong Kong, it was their game out there. And ten years since their last Tri Nations title, I guess they have to win it some time.

You know I don't mind the ABs losing, even to the Wallbies, if it was a good game - and that was a good game. I just hate the fact that I'm going to have to deal with all the Australian gloating on Monday.

Edit: I didn't realise this but that's the last Tri Nations competition. Next year it's switching to four nations with Argentina joining. Should be interesting, Argentina have always proved their worth but never had all that many chances to play against the big teams and the inexperience has let them down. Yearly run-ins with the top three could make them a real force to be reckoned with and Australia, South Africa and New Zealand might end up regretting inviting them to the party.
[Blinking eyes thing]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard