-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I have a Sony Vaio E-series laptop. It's got an i3 2.1 GHz processor, 4GB of DDR3, an HD 5650 graphic card, and Windows 7 64bit.

So, I download Rivatuner to see how fast my graphic card is performing since internet is gay and won't give me a specific clock speed.

Engine clock speed: 450-650 MHz
Rivatuner won't find the driver so I can't see any information I want, and of course I can't find a version of Riva for Windows 7, which is freaking gay.

The problem is that I cannot play Call of Duty World at War. I put the settings as low as they allow me, and it's still unplayable. I want to put some other games on here, but if it can't run CoD I cannot imagine the performance I'll get from other games.

Can anybody tell me if my computer is simply too slow to run those games, or if there's any way I can get riva running.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2010-11-14 13:32:56)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6388

Don't worry, I can run RB6 and L4D on med-high with this quadro nvs, but WaW ran like crap for me too.

Edit: read again, and at least I could play it.  Hm.

Last edited by some_random_panda (2010-11-14 13:33:45)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5785|Catherine Black
The thing restricting WaW is the CPU, not your GPU.

Rivatuner doesn't have signed drivers, so unless you want to boot your PC without driver signing every time you want to use it, use GPU-z.

But as I said, problem with WaW is the CPU, not the GPU.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Alright! Thank you Finray!

Will I be able to run Call of Duty 4 with it though?

At least I can run Battlefield Heroes on high
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Most likely, just slam everything to low.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6283|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

-Sh1fty- wrote:

I have a Sony Vaio E-series laptop. It's got an i3 2.1 GHz processor, 4GB of DDR3, an HD 5650 graphic card, and Windows 7 64bit.

So, I download Rivatuner to see how fast my graphic card is performing since internet is gay and won't give me a specific clock speed.

Engine clock speed: 450-650 MHz
Rivatuner won't find the driver so I can't see any information I want, and of course I can't find a version of Riva for Windows 7, which is freaking gay.

The problem is that I cannot play Call of Duty World at War. I put the settings as low as they allow me, and it's still unplayable. I want to put some other games on here, but if it can't run CoD I cannot imagine the performance I'll get from other games.

Can anybody tell me if my computer is simply too slow to run those games, or if there's any way I can get riva running.
My E-series i5 has no problems with WaW... must be your CPU...

Also... Why don't you just look in the ATi control panel? It shows you the clock speed as a direct readout
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6146|'straya
Yeah my i5/HD5730 laptop runs waw/mw2 fine. That laptop just isn't really built for gaming. You should be right with source engine games if you can stand playing them
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I love 'em! Assuming L4D and L4D2 are source game engines

At least I can run BF2, BF2142 and BF-H on high
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Almost everything made by Valve is using the Source engine. HL2, CS:S, L4D1/2, Portal, Alien Swarm, etc etc etc.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Any other new games I can play on this laptop? I'm sad I can't play black ops right?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Be happy you won't be playing Black Ops.
FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Be happy you won't be playing Black Ops.
^_^
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Why are you happy I won't be playing it? Is it that bad or smth?
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6652

Biggest waste of $60. I should've not been an idiot and just waited to see what people's thoughts were first.
FloppY_
­

mtb0minime wrote:

Biggest waste of $60. I should've not been an idiot and just waited to see what people's thoughts were first.
Feel free to get rid of it by gifting it to me

Then I can complain about how bad MP is aswell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard