FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England

Camm wrote:

FFLink wrote:

And Wager matches are so fucking good. Stick and Stones and One in the Chamber gave us all some great laughs last night.
Fave thing about the game. Last night was a fucking hoot, my dad had to come in to tell me to stop laughing so much
Fucking Tomahawks...
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.

FFLink wrote:

Camm wrote:

FFLink wrote:

And Wager matches are so fucking good. Stick and Stones and One in the Chamber gave us all some great laughs last night.
Fave thing about the game. Last night was a fucking hoot, my dad had to come in to tell me to stop laughing so much
Fucking Tomahawks...
Tomahawks, Explosive Xbows, and RC-XD =

https://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/045/204/original/coolface.jpg?1270142903
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black

Uzique wrote:

there's no such thing as a 'higher level' of sniper play in CQB. you're just bragging yourself up.

snipers had an amazing function and a real ability to change a match in cod1/cod2

in cod4 they became over-rated, easy-kill fragging movie fodder

in mw2/black ops they seem to be totally outruled. you basically need a controller with auto-aim for them to be of any benefit.
What are you on about in MW2? They still rule the roost.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
i mean in comparison to the effectivity and use of snipers in cod1/cod2

they're just a further extension/watering down of cod4's use of the sniper as a frag-movie tool

the maps for one just aren't big enough or designed well enough to make a sniper really a force to be reckoned with

just a little gimmick for jumping around pulling 'nice' shots
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5034|Massachusetts, USA

Uzique wrote:

i mean in comparison to the effectivity and use of snipers in cod1/cod2

they're just a further extension/watering down of cod4's use of the sniper as a frag-movie tool

the maps for one just aren't big enough or designed well enough to make a sniper really a force to be reckoned with

just a little gimmick for jumping around pulling 'nice' shots
He does have a point, the only way to use a sniper now is with an ACOG. the actual scope zooms in too far, and the maps are too cluttered.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
i had a hell of a time using the SVD even on that large-r snowy map. Zoom time takes forever and the maps are small still

agreed, it just doesn't work
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6469
the fact that all other guns have recoil/spray deviation for console gamers (i.e. easy to control with joystick) means that the sniper really doesn't have an 'edge', either. hence my point about it needing a console-type autoaim to really hold its own. you're just playing with a purposeful handicap to try and snipe on 80% of black op's maps. the low-rank assault rifles are infinitely better at middle-range and do just as well at long, sniping distances, too.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-11-13 11:32:34)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6563|Area 51
This game so far for me is just one big pile of stuttering and lag.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5235|Cleveland, Ohio
its not a bad game but i only enjoy playing it when my friends are playing.  other than that it is lame tbh.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5786|Catherine Black

11 Bravo wrote:

my friends
Don't lie, marine, the only friends you have complain about how their zimmers are needing oiled.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
N00bkilla55404
Voices are calling...
+136|5929|Somewhere out in Space
You get hit less standing still, I shit you not if you move the recoil just sends the bullets right at you.

Fail.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6443|The Land of Scott Walker

11 Bravo wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Do tell more about the maps ... and how's weapon balance?
are you talking pc or a console?
I'll be playing on PC, but would like to know how the game is balanced console too.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5963|London, England

Stingray24 wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Do tell more about the maps ... and how's weapon balance?
are you talking pc or a console?
I'll be playing on PC, but would like to know how the game is balanced console too.
dont get it
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

1. This game sucks.
2. This game crashes more than a hippo on a unicycle.
3. This game sucks.
4. I gotta try multiplayer, at least.
iceman785
+93|6671|Alaska, mother fucker.
haha, I'm just waiting on the second tourny my PnT is gonna have, hopefully gonna go back to win it.  On the other hand sniping is considerably harder now.  The L96 seems like the only sniper that gets a 1 shot kill consistently even though the PSG-1 is only half a bar of dmg under it.

Also, sniping gets fun if you play around with it and learn it well.  The L96 rapes face once you get good with it.  The variable zoom attachment starts out with a 4x zoom, and makes it easier to snipe close up people. ( I think the basic scope has a 8x zoom or something.) And the CZ75 is a 3 shot kill and has an attachment to make it automatic, so close up defense is easy mode.

I think most people are still stuck in the easy as fuck shit fest that was MW2 and are expecting this game to be just as easy.  Change is good, embrace it.

Last edited by iceman785 (2010-11-13 21:45:07)

DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6154|Vancouver | Canada
So I acquired it, and I must say...singleplayer is boring as shit.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6740|FUCK UBISOFT

iceman785 wrote:

haha, I'm just waiting on the second tourny my PnT is gonna have, hopefully gonna go back to win it.  On the other hand sniping is considerably harder now.  The L96 seems like the only sniper that gets a 1 shot kill consistently even though the PSG-1 is only half a bar of dmg under it.

Also, sniping gets fun if you play around with it and learn it well.  The L96 rapes face once you get good with it.  The variable zoom attachment starts out with a 4x zoom, and makes it easier to snipe close up people. ( I think the basic scope has a 8x zoom or something.) And the CZ75 is a 3 shot kill and has an attachment to make it automatic, so close up defense is easy mode.

I think most people are still stuck in the easy as fuck shit fest that was MW2 and are expecting this game to be just as easy.  Change is good, embrace it.
this game is easier than MW2
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
iceman785
Not really, sniping is considerably harder, and kill streak kills don't count towards the next kill streak.  That alone makes it "harder." The game is easy, most console FPS are easy.  Only FPS I've ever found to be hard was CS.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Well, let's see. Laggy as shit, even with everything turned down. CPU maxes out before the GPU. Can't use single-fire weapons effectively because they bug out and you can't shoot or reload. Only played one online round and went 33-8 thanks to a silly care package with a gunship in it. Couldn't shoot down enemy helicopters because they were stuttering/rubberbanding across the sky.

Mainly I've been sticking to Combat Training for easy kills and goofing around with weapons/attachments. Will move on to human players when things get fixed up better. Besides, it might even do good playing against bots who are using, well, aimbots.

Maps are really boring, though. Nothing special. At all. Even MW2 had a few maps that weren't generic.
iceman785
How do you define a map as generic? It's something you've never played before.  And that's why you don't play CPU, play on a console.  For the most part it's lag free and all those problems you just stated don't exist.

I just don't see how you can be bored with a game less than a week after it's release.
some_random_panda
Flamesuit essential
+454|6389

iceman785 wrote:

How do you define a map as generic? It's something you've never played before.  And that's why you don't play CPU, play on a console.  For the most part it's lag free and all those problems you just stated don't exist.

I just don't see how you can be bored with a game less than a week after it's release.
Consoles and fps games have never mixed well for me.  My arm and wrist is far more accurate than my thumb.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

Think I'll keep playing Bad Company 2.

Flawed as it is, it's still better than this shit.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

https://img571.imageshack.us/img571/112/47372382.png

Oh how I laffed
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

iceman785 wrote:

Generic, nothing unique about it, bland.
I play this game on PC because it's an FPS, which means mouse+keyboard.

Troll harder, k?
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6147|'straya
[Rant]
Singer player storyline is fucking atrocious. I haven't been experiencing the lag issues that a lot of people have been, but the game manages to get my i7 930 @ 4Ghz up to 60% usage??? the fuck? most poorly optimised piece of shit ever. Spawn system in multiplayer is fucked, and there are a couple rape weapons and no one uses anything else.

Admittedly I'm still playing it, but mainly because I have fuck all else to do. Some of the Vietnam missions were alright. They should've just made a COD: Vietnam instead of this amnesia/interrogation/brainwash piece of rubbish. And the sadest thing is that they will keep making these shit games because they keep making shit loads of money.

[/Rant]

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard