Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Screw god damn chest-high cover that you can't duck under.
I agree, but developers want to speed up the game play by taking out the strategy. Plus people think only campers go prone. Jeez, games need strategy, no matter how much it slows the game, becauseotherwise games will eventually turn to counterstrike. That is to say, they'll lose strategical elements.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
The singleplayer was great. I played through on hard and found little difficulty, though. MW1/2 was more challenging.

The Chopper bit you are complaining about, you know right-click shoots rockets, right? Use it to blow up buildings.

I agree the story was over and done with a bit fast, but still, it was cool.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Acerider wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I agree, but developers want to speed up the game play by taking out the strategy. Plus people think only campers go prone. Jeez, games need strategy, no matter how much it slows the game, becauseotherwise games will eventually turn to counterstrike. That is to say, they'll lose strategical elements.
They could have sped things up by removing the ambiguity from what weapon you need to take out a machine gun nest. Seriously, invincible under a rain of grenades, vulnerable only to an airstrike? Unlimited mobs spawning from buildings that, oh, by the way, you have to kill using RIGHT CLICK or die as soon as the game turns your helicopter around and tries to fly away? WTF?!

FFLink wrote:

The singleplayer was great. I played through on hard and found little difficulty, though. MW1/2 was more challenging.

The Chopper bit you are complaining about, you know right-click shoots rockets, right? Use it to blow up buildings.

I agree the story was over and done with a bit fast, but still, it was cool.
Yeah, I got through that and some other facepalm shit. I can deal with ambiguous controls once I figure them out. What I can't deal with are huge amounts of haze that the AI can see through like superman, unlimited enemies spawning out of the same fucking clown car and GLITCHES that bounce hand grenades off an invisible forcefield to land right in front of your feet while your invincible NPC allies bitch at you for being fate's plaything.

Other than that, the AI is DUUUMB. Unless specifically programmed to be immediately hostile, alerts will absolutely not spread from group to group when you wipe out one cluster of Taliban with an LMG. Plus the story sucked. I knew nothing about any of the characters and had no reason to give a rat's ass about any one of them. If people want to make war games more cinematic, they need to adopt some of the trappings of, oh, I don't know...PLOT! They didn't even really have a cliffhanger. They just cut it short to spooge all over American armed forces with a snobbish spiel. And what the fuck was that scene afterwards? It didn't even pertain to anything remotely related with the game as far as I could tell.

I'll take MW2 any day, and this after I only played like 30 minutes of online MW2.

Funny, I wasn't even that mad about MoH2010 until I started writing about it.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

The game is based on past operations in Afghanistan and the story closely follows the events in Operation Anaconda. Spoiler (highlight to read):
SEAL's being trapped on a mountain, falling out of a crippled helicopter, a QRF sent to rescue them but getting caught up in an ambush. 

Spoiler (highlight to read):
The scene at the end looks to be in Iraq given the Arabic, and the guy on the right is Preacher, who took the Rabbit foot from Rabbit's body at the end of the game (you can see it in his left hand), so its most likely a hint at the setting of a sequel game.

Granted the game is short I suffered no problems at all with it, apart from a few minor graphical glitches.

Overall I liked it because its one of the more authentic games out there, even if the Rangers are wearing ACU in '02.
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
fuck single player.  man i wish they would just spend all their time on multiplayer.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

I still need to get a net connection to my PS3.
11 Bravo
Banned
well its obvious these companies cant do both correctly so forget the single player bollocks.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6535|Area 51

M.O.A.B wrote:

I still need to get a net connection to my PS3.
You has PS3? Omahgawd. Give PSN nao!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

M.O.A.B wrote:

The game is based on past operations in Afghanistan and the story closely follows the events in Operation Anaconda. Spoiler (highlight to read):
SEAL's being trapped on a mountain, falling out of a crippled helicopter, a QRF sent to rescue them but getting caught up in an ambush. 

Spoiler (highlight to read):
The scene at the end looks to be in Iraq given the Arabic, and the guy on the right is Preacher, who took the Rabbit foot from Rabbit's body at the end of the game (you can see it in his left hand), so its most likely a hint at the setting of a sequel game.

Granted the game is short I suffered no problems at all with it, apart from a few minor graphical glitches.

Overall I liked it because its one of the more authentic games out there, even if the Rangers are wearing ACU in '02.
You can still fuck up the delivery of a true story, and I didn't give a crap about anything going on because everything was so bland and robotic when it wasn't wrestling the camera from your control.

Also, if I want authenticity, I think I'd rather stick with the OF/GR/ARMA style. I'm starting to miss games that don't heal you like Wolverine if you hide behind a wall for a few seconds.

11 Bravo wrote:

fuck single player.  man i wish they would just spend all their time on multiplayer.
After playing single player MoH, for once I absolutely agree. I think I'm going to reinstall the first MoH game to redeem this title (the name, not the 2010 game) in my eyes.
The A W S M F O X
I Won't Deny It
+172|5654|SQUID
Grab the warchest, days of solid enjoyment inside.
11 Bravo
Banned
nothing about that game is enjoyable
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA

11 Bravo wrote:

nothing about that game is enjoyable
unless you're chodda.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
11 Bravo
Banned
i wouldnt consider that a selling point tbh
TimmmmaaaaH
Damn, I... had something for this
+725|6409|Brisbane, Australia

Acerider wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well one of the few FPS's that has always been solid and worth playing is CS so saying blah blah make it like counterstrike isnt really a bad thing.

I dont think that was really what you were saying though. New FPS's just need -10000 explosives and tubes and +100000 recoil and they might become worth playing again. Ignoring the huge amount of crippling bugs that BC2 has, if you removed tubes, mortars and carl gustavs from that game it would be a lot of fun to play.

I suppose what I am saying is fuck this game.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/5e6a35c97adb20771c7b713312c0307c23a7a36a.png
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

TimmmmaaaaH wrote:

Acerider wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well one of the few FPS's that has always been solid and worth playing is CS so saying blah blah make it like counterstrike isnt really a bad thing.

I dont think that was really what you were saying though. New FPS's just need -10000 explosives and tubes and +100000 recoil and they might become worth playing again. Ignoring the huge amount of crippling bugs that BC2 has, if you removed tubes, mortars and carl gustavs from that game it would be a lot of fun to play.

I suppose what I am saying is fuck this game.
Or just nerf mortars and tubes life bf2 did but in bf2 they weren't as unfair. Well, the tubes at least, they had no mortars. Yeah, I'm saying that games become all about handeye coordination and reaction time, which your born with, than about strategy and tactics, which you develop after practicing for a while. CS is about having great aim and doing it quickly, bf2 is about gaining strategic ground, chokepoints, and teamwork.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
pace stop talking out of your absolute ass

we are not all born with an inherent gift of perfect hand-eye coordination.

if we were then everyone would be fucking jet fighter pilots and brain surgeons

you can't reduce games down into an x>y or '1 is more skilled than 2' mentality. i know it's convenient for your dumb ass, but you can't.
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

Uzique wrote:

you can't reduce games down into an x>y or '1 is more skilled than 2' mentality. i know it's convenient for your dumb ass, but you can't.
First, I know that were dont all have good hand-eye. Secondly, I wasn't reducing any mentality. Thirdly, 90% of bf2's combat is not at close range, and with the bad hit reg multiple shots are needed. CS is mainly hand eye. The one who shoots first accurately wins. In bf2, the one who wins usually does it by keeping a steady rate of fire, even semi-automatically, however innacurate. Third, I don't use that example to dumb stuff down, because if I used big words you might not understand it and cry. And fourthly, when I talk about something I know nothing about you guys call me on it. Here I'm talking about stuff I do know about, not pulling it from my ass. So treat my opinion as valid, not a troll attempt or something. Fourthly go exile yourself.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
pace you're so fucking lame when you try to phrase yourself to sound more intelligent than you actually are.

you have this incessant need to pigeonhole and classify and demarcate everything; SOMETIMES THERE IS NO COMMON REFERENCE.

also you're talking to me about the rudimentary, no-shit-sherlock basics of games i have played infinitely longer and infinitely better than you

just stop talking
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

Uzique wrote:

pace you're so fucking lame when you try to phrase yourself to sound more intelligent than you actually are.

you have this incessant need to pigeonhole and classify and demarcate everything; SOMETIMES THERE IS NO COMMON REFERENCE.

also you're talking to me about the rudimentary, no-shit-sherlock basics of games i have played infinitely longer and infinitely better than you

just stop talking
For all we know I'm better at them than you, like I care.

Jeeze, our posts are so predictable. Go for something a little more... alright no fricking word 4 it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440
pace i have played most of the games you chat conjecturing bullshit about for professional teams, or have at least topped leagues in them. therefore i have a closer familiarity with the games at all levels- single-player, casual pub fun, hardcore play-testing, and as a competitive platform. the stuff you chat about counter strike, portraying it as a reductive game with no strategy or tactics, is utter bullshit. UTTER BULLSHIT. UTTER. BULLSHIT. just because counter strike is not slow-paced and just because the action isn't broken by waves of lying around doing fuck-all, that does not mean it lacks strategy. counter strike is one of the most intense real-time, on-the-spot shooters for team-based strategy; to succeed at any meaningful level in counter strike, your team must be able to react, adapt and engage according to every single moment of match-play.

but what would you know? you read the instruction manuals for games, masturbate to their wikis and then play them years after all meaningful community and challenge have moved on (games like call of duty 1/2, which you did not play the first time around, despite lying and trying to show otherwise). it's pathetic. you have this neurotic and retarded disorder that makes you want to sound like an authority on every single thing you do, but you have played and achieved nothing. the way you talk about BF2 as if you were some master commanding tactician, or the way you try to 'imitate' nostalgia for call of duty 1/2, despite only playing them 6 months ago (i.e. when they're fucking DEAD) is so goddamned weird. i can't even construe an insult out of it... it's just weird, dude. you need help.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6439

Acerider wrote:

Uzique wrote:

First, I know that were dont all have good hand-eye. Secondly, I wasn't reducing any mentality. Thirdly, 90% of bf2's combat is not at close range, and with the bad hit reg multiple shots are needed. CS is mainly hand eye. The one who shoots first accurately wins. In bf2, the one who wins usually does it by keeping a steady rate of fire, even semi-automatically, however innacurate. Third, I don't use that example to dumb stuff down, because if I used big words you might not understand it and cry. And fourthly, when I talk about something I know nothing about you guys call me on it. Here I'm talking about stuff I do know about, not pulling it from my ass. So treat my opinion as valid, not a troll attempt or something. Fourthly go exile yourself.
Maybe you should learn some basic math before using those "big words"?
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

pace even floppy deserves an opinion more than you

pace51 wrote:

Pro counting.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
11 Bravo
Banned

NooBesT wrote:

Acerider wrote:

Uzique wrote:

Maybe you should learn some basic math before using those "big words"?
sixly
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6313
Someone got told.
https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.

Sisco wrote:

Someone got told.
He gets told on an daily basis. He still won't leave though, its best just to try and ignore him.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard