Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ten years later isn't so much the danger as the immediacy of the thing.

Machismo has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, and how many kids die every year from bullying? A handful? Let's enact laws to protect an infinitesimally small minority so they can feel better about themselves. Jesus Christ. I bet you think participation awards, rather than performance awards, are a fantastic idea too.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
Lost in a sea of combat boots,
Flush the bouncers with wasted youth
When did punk rock become so safe?
When did the scene become a joke?
The kids who used to live for beer and speed
Now want their fries and coke
Cursing and flipping birds are not allowed,
In fact let's keep noise levels down

Must separate the church and skate!

Why don't we put pads on the kids?
Helmets, head gear and mouth pieces!
Then we could pad the floor and walls,
Put cameras inside bathroom stalls
We make sure only nice bands play,
Make every show a matinee
Teach kids to be all they can be,
And we could sing my country tis of thee
Sweet land of liberty

When did punk rock become so safe?
I know it wasn't Duane or Fletcher,
Who put up the barricades
Like a stake in the heart,
Somehow we got driven apart

[Solo]

I want conflict! I want dissent!
I want the scene to represent
Our hatred of authority,
Our fight against complacency
Stop singing songs 'bout girls and love!
You killed the owl! You freed the dove!
Confrontation and politics
Replaced with harmonies and shticks
When did punk rock become so tame?
These fucking bands all sound the same
We want our fights we want our thugs!
We want our burns we want our drugs!
Where is the violent apathy?!
These fucking records are rated G!

When did punk rock become so safe?!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
eleven bravo
+1,399|5255|foggy bottom
the first 4 ranks in the army are pretty much participation awards.  Unless ofcourse youve been busted down and earned em again, thats high speed
Tu Stultus Es
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

JohnG@lt wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Ten years later isn't so much the danger as the immediacy of the thing.

Machismo has nothing to do with it.
Yeah, and how many kids die every year from bullying? A handful? Let's enact laws to protect an infinitesimally small minority so they can feel better about themselves. Jesus Christ. I bet you think participation awards, rather than performance awards, are a fantastic idea too.
How many kids die every year from shoplifting? Nothing in the OP dictated what kind of issue it had to be. Go make your own law.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX

JohnG@lt wrote:

Most laws protect an infinitesimally small number of people from very rare events.

Whats the problem with extending laws which exist everywhere except schools to cover schools?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-10-29 23:46:32)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

jord wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

May I have the freedom to egg your car every morning?
As long as I have the freedom to get out and facestab you.

Not sure how you came from internet bullying to vandalism though, quite a stretch.
Malicious harassment, tbh. I'm not talking about 'your mom' jokes on Team Fortress, either.
The way half the members here rip pace apart daily (rightfully so, too) could be construed as malicious harassment. Alls he has to do is log out and come back in a few years once he's entered the real world and can integrate better. Meh, laws will never stop bullying.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Mean though that is, it's still not what I'm talking about. And by your logic, I could stretch that to assume you wouldn't mind seeing all laws repealed.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Mean though that is, it's still not what I'm talking about. And by your logic, I could stretch that to assume you wouldn't mind seeing all laws repealed.
What are you talkig about then, facebook abuae by high schoolers?

And no I don't want all laws repealed, there's a lot of idiots out there the law keeps in check, the same as religion does. I just don't follow it as gospel though.
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6527

drinking age lowered to 18

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard