Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

Uzique wrote:

Acerider wrote:

Uzique wrote:

ITT two people trade opinions on call of duty after clearly being introduced by the modern warfare series

hardcore just doesn't 'feel' like essential call of duty. the cautiousness, insta-deaths, the camping... it just isn't what the game is about.
You prefer the large maps with tons of equally useful cover, the tremendous kickback on the guns rendering the ironsights only useful when fired in bursts and the lack of explosive cheap weapons that cod1 featured?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Me too. Though cod2 and four were also fun, but I played Cod1 the first so it sets my standard for a good cod game
pace shut up you were like 8 when cod1 was released

you're just like finray... name-dropping the older games to try and boost some weird sense of gaming 'prestige' and 'experience'
I still played it when it came out. I'm not trying to boost some sense of experience. It was a great game, just trying to promote that. Besides, there is very little difference between a guy who's played a game three years after it came out and when it came out.

Cod1 was fun, I enjoyed it. Not boosting any image of myself as a cod1 pro. Just saying it was fun
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

FFLink wrote:

Should join us in our FFA games every now and then. We'll see.

How are you not getting this? It takes less bullets to kill, correct.

Now, picture this:

You're walking and you get shot. If the guy misses you, in Softcore you have a lot more time to aim and kill the guy, or run to cover. In Hardcore, you have a lot less time before you die to kill him. Ergo, faster reactions are required in order to survive. Good reactions in Softcore don't always transfer to Hardcore.

Now, another:

You're face to face with some guy, just met each other at the same time. Softcore, you both shoot and jump around and whoever gets the most total hits wins. It's not necessarily the first hit to win. In Hardcore, whoever shoots and HITS first, usually wins. If you miss your first shot, it's a high chance the other guy won't. Understand now?
I understand, it's just you're wrong. The only reason whoever hits first in hardcore wins is cause 90% of weapons are insta-kills.

Let me correct your scenarios

Hardcore
You're walking and get shot once. You the- oh wait you're dead.

Softcore
You're walking and get shot once. You now have a chance to be able to fight back.

Hardcore
You're face to face with some guy. Just met each other at the same time. You both hold lmb and hope for the best. First one to get lucky wins.

Softcore
You're face to face with some guy. You use movement (one of the biggest things in CoD since 4 (better not say 1 unless Zeek goes off on one again)) to avoid the enemies bullets, whilst aiming yourself at the enemy.

PS If you get hit in softcore you aim at the roof, so usually the first person to hit wins anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5207|Cleveland, Ohio
movement lol....you mean hop around like a tard
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I should have said "Shot at" in the first scenario. If you base it all on luck, then I can see even more why you don't like Hardcore. Those who can aim fast will usually come out on top of those who spray and pray. It seems these scenarios are opinion based.

Cover's more important and being aware of where you walk is a lot more important in Hardcore. It's a lot more exhilarating in Hardcore getting 3 kills within a few seconds and then wondering where to go next in order to keep safe but keep getting kills to build your streak or whether or not the path ahead is now clear to the bomb/flag.

Hardcore relies on a good team spotting enemies and working together. It can't be won alone. That's why I like it.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

11 Bravo wrote:

lol go home you moron. stop following people around the forum.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FFLink wrote:

Hardcore relies on a good team spotting enemies and working together. It can't be won alone. That's why I like it.
Lmfao oh I see you're trolling, can't believe I fell for it for so long. Hahah, good one.
11 Bravo
Banned

Camm wrote:

11 Bravo wrote:

lol go home you moron. stop following people around the forum.
?? i already bought codbo so i am home
FFLink
There is.

Finray wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Lmfao oh I see you're trolling, can't believe I fell for it for so long. Hahah, good one.
Here comes the trolling comments...

It was a good debate while it lasted.
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

That doesn't work for crap. Allyou have to do is aim and you can kill a hopper. For movement to work, equip a gun that lets you run fast, prefferably an SMG, find your target, circle him as fast as possible and blast him with your gun. Wworks excellently.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FFLink wrote:

Finray wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Oh you're not trolling? Then you must be incredibly retarded. I don't think I know anyone so stupid that they could be serious about that comment.

Honestly.

Last edited by Finray (2010-10-29 07:32:38)

11 Bravo
Banned
that wasnt my point, pace.  but people do it all the time.
11 Bravo
Banned

Finray wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Finray wrote:

Oh you're not trolling? Then you must be incredibly retarded. I don't think I know anyone so stupid that they could be serious about that comment.

Honestly.
he likes hardcore, you like softcore.  sod off.
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4980|Ontario, Canada

11 Bravo wrote:

that wasnt my point, pace.  but people do it all the time.
Oh, sorry.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
11b is just upset that his old-timer reactions and little thumbsticks can't allow him to aim at people who are superior and use game mechanics you're meant to use. PS cammy stop feeding him and he might go away. I've learned to just ignore him...
FFLink
There is.

Finray wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Finray wrote:

Honestly.
Where's your argument against it? You must be retarded if you think that replies like that are anything but retarded.

I play games with my friends. If we're against a bunch of randoms, we win. If we're against a clan or a group of friends talking in the lobby, it's a lot more challenging. If one of us dies, we tell the others where he is. If one of us sees someone somewhere but can't get him, we'll tell each other. That is called teamwork. There's my argument.

Where's yours? Or is just calling me retarded and a troll? If so, gg.
11 Bravo
Banned

Finray wrote:

11b is just upset that his old-timer reactions and little thumbsticks can't allow him to aim at people who are superior and use game mechanics you're meant to use. PS cammy stop feeding him and he might go away. I've learned to just ignore him...
how am i upset?  i prefer that game mode.  i play for fun.  idc about who is superior or not.  you geeks get hard over it.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
seeing you guys argue about tactics in mw2 is absolutely mind-numbing

also it's really funny how you both consider yourselves 'skilled' because of fundamental abilities, such as teamspeak-spotting

this is just thrilling
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Fine I shall dignify your suspected troll post a response

FFLink wrote:

I should have said "Shot at" in the first scenario. If you base it all on luck, then I can see even more why you don't like Hardcore. Those who can aim fast will usually come out on top of those who spray and pray. It seems these scenarios are opinion based.
90% of the players in hardcore aren't like you. They get surprised and spray at people. Very rarely do you find a 'good' player on hardcore. As such, I'll base my opinions on what happens most often.

FFLink wrote:

Cover's more important and being aware of where you walk is a lot more important in Hardcore.
No, it's equally as important in softcore.

FFLink wrote:

It's a lot more exhilarating in Hardcore getting 3 kills within a few seconds and then wondering where to go next in order to keep safe but keep getting kills to build your streak or whether or not the path ahead is now clear to the bomb/flag.
Yeah this is just a matter of opinion, personally I don't find anything in CoDMW2 'exhilarating', hardcore or softcore.

FFLink wrote:

You can play softcore like that too, with friends, calling enemies, where you died, etc. And fyi, hardcore can be won alone, I can't count how many times I've carried teams by about 30 kills in TDM for example.
FFLink
There is.
Who's arguing tactics? I said that an assured hardcore game win requires a good team.

Apparently that's trolling.

Either way, I'm done. I like hardcore, you like Softcore. I consider Hardcore a lot better gameplay to the point where I'll rarely, if ever play Softcore. That's my opinion. You should know why, by now.

Jump on our server and TS again on BO sometime when it's out, you'll see.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4938|Dundee, Scotland.

11 Bravo wrote:

Finray wrote:

how am i upset?  i prefer that game mode.  i play for fun.  idc about who is superior or not.  you geeks get hard over it.
lol calling us geeks.
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

11 Bravo wrote:

Finray wrote:

I was referring to this post

11 Bravo wrote:

Now go away, you're boring.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FFLink wrote:

Who's arguing tactics? I said that an assured hardcore game win requires a good team.

Either way, I'm done. I like hardcore, you like Softcore. I consider Hardcore a lot better gameplay to the point where I'll rarely, if ever play Softcore. That's my opinion. You should know why, by now.

Yeah I'm sure playing with a sub-par team of guys on hardcore will surely sway my choice of game mode.. let alone the fact I played (And uzique's gonna have a field trip with this bit) high skilled cod4 scrims in softcore promod, 200 hours of cod2, 400 hours of cod5 softcore and about the same in MW2, 95% softcore.

The only tempting aspect to make me play with you guys is you're quite a laugh.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441

FFLink wrote:

yeah man you're really gonna test your mettle in a super-intense face off with all those bows and arrows and remote-control cars

top pedigree fps gaming

finray you know you have never been high-skill at a game that's worth a damn. stop trying.

Last edited by Uzique (2010-10-29 07:45:57)

libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Uzique wrote:

FFLink wrote:

yeah man you're really gonna test your mettle in a super-intense face off with all those bows and arrows and remote-control cars

top pedigree fps gaming

finray you know you have never been high-skill at a game that's worth a damn. stop trying.
Hey you don't think cod4 is worth a damn, and I was high skill at it \o/
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6441
no you were not.

you even said yourself it was relative to the pick-up channel's definition of 'skill'

you were not high-skill on any proper scale: you weren't in any LAN winning or league topping teams- not even of the open variety

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard