Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5992|Vortex Ring State

Blade4509 wrote:

Finray wrote:

Link ur rong, hardcore sucks. What's skillful or fun about being able to kill people in 1, max 2 shots with any gun? Nothing, that's what.

Anyway let's not argue about it, because I'm right.

No quick scoping is gonna suck.. I didn't 'quick scope' per se, but it was nearer quick than hard scoping. Most fun I have in MW2. And the fact sleight of hand makes you ADS faster just made that better. When it takes a good couple of seconds to ADS then that just turns the sniper class into a camper class. Which sucks.
Yeah Finray I agree, but what exactly do you expect a sniper to do if not camp?
designated marksman tactics?

I do that all the time, after reading a BF2s article about sniper.

Despite changes in sniping mechanics, I find that that still applies
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5501|America
Alright you do those cool squad tactics in those massive COD maps lol. More power to ya.
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5781|Catherine Black
There's no point whatsoever of trying to do tactics in call of duty. even in competitive scrims the most you'll get is which bombsite to go to and calling out where people are. in public nobody uses tactics or voip. a sniper shouldn't have to camp to get kills. sure, it's not realistic, but with cod 4 and mw2 and in some essences 1 and 2 too, they've created the run and gun, mid to long range one shot killer. some say it's overpowered, but there are usually the people who can't play like that or aim. this playstyle is hugely effective, whilst being easily countered. it's also insanely fun, and removing such a large, fun aspect of the game is a bad move, no matter how hard the acr hardcore campers cry.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

Finray wrote:

There's no point whatsoever of trying to do tactics in call of duty. even in competitive scrims the most you'll get is which bombsite to go to and calling out where people are. in public nobody uses tactics or voip. a sniper shouldn't have to camp to get kills. sure, it's not realistic, but with cod 4 and mw2 and in some essences 1 and 2 too, they've created the run and gun, mid to long range one shot killer. some say it's overpowered, but there are usually the people who can't play like that or aim. this playstyle is hugely effective, whilst being easily countered. it's also insanely fun, and removing such a large, fun aspect of the game is a bad move, no matter how hard the acr hardcore campers cry.
you didn't play cod1/cod2 finray and that isn't how sniper worked in scrims at all

please stop trying to sound like an authority on a game series that you are not an authority on
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I shouldn't worry though, with modtools coming, the more hardcore community will no doubt add it back in.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Uzique wrote:

Finray wrote:

There's no point whatsoever of trying to do tactics in call of duty. even in competitive scrims the most you'll get is which bombsite to go to and calling out where people are. in public nobody uses tactics or voip. a sniper shouldn't have to camp to get kills. sure, it's not realistic, but with cod 4 and mw2 and insome essences 1 and 2 too, they've created the run and gun, mid to long range one shot killer. some say it's overpowered, but there are usually the people who can't play like that or aim. this playstyle is hugely effective, whilst being easily countered. it's also insanely fun, and removing such a large, fun aspect of the game is a bad move, no matter how hard the acr hardcore campers cry.
you didn't play cod1/cod2 finray and that isn't how sniper worked in scrims at all

please stop trying to sound like an authority on a game series that you are not an authority on
I thought you were supposed to be smart? PS i did play 2, quite a lot, too.

Last edited by Finray (2010-10-29 04:03:32)

Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
supposed to be smart? sorry, snipers didn't work that way in scrims in cod1/cod2. try again.

and no you didn't "play cod2, quite a lot"

you got the game about 3 years after everyone stopped playing it, so you could feel all 'leet and act like you'd played a real 'gamers' game.

just stop pretending, it's fucking sad
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5002|Ontario, Canada

Uzique wrote:

supposed to be smart? sorry, snipers didn't work that way in scrims in cod1/cod2. try again.

and no you didn't "play cod2, quite a lot"

you got the game about 3 years after everyone stopped playing it, so you could feel all 'leet and act like you'd played a real 'gamers' game.

just stop pretending, it's fucking sad
Lol that's the way I got cod2. Played cod1 when it came out though. Damn I thought it was the holy grail 7 years ago.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Did you miss my highlight or something? i said in some essences (should probably have said respects, but i just woke up) i didn't say they were exactly the same. also you said i never played it whatsoever... i'm pretty sure i have a couple hundred hours clocked up on that game, and you didn't specify when played it...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
yeah i played unreal tournament 99 goty to a super high level and im really experienced in it

i started in 2010 and only played against bots because there's no players left but w/e

im qualified. high-skill, long-term unreal tournament player. played the original! old school
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
That's exactly the same as what i said... good job.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6683|Devon, England
Hardcore requires better reactions and more care as to where you look or run to.

Also better aim.

If you're terrible at it and can't play it, then you'll think it sucks.

And from my experience with you on it, I'm right here
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

FFLink wrote:

Hardcore requires better reactions
Reactions are a factor in both modes.. if you ain't got 'em, you're gonna lose either hardcore or non.

FFLink wrote:

and more care as to where you look or run to.
This is true, but in my opinion it doesn't make for better gameplay.. just overcautious, hesitant gameplay. And it plays right into the hands of campers.

FFLink wrote:

Also better aim.
This is where you're 100% completely and utterly dead wrong. The only way you'd need better aim is if, for some reason, your targets got smaller, or they moved faster. Do they? No, they don't. Infact, you need better aim to play non hardcore. In hardcore you don't need to hit them as many times, so you can spray and get lucky more often.

FFLink wrote:

See below..

FFLink wrote:

Hmm, dunno who you were playing with, but I recall when I played with you and your clan I was the one topping the table most often, whilst you were kicking around the bottom...
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
hardcore is not call of duty. fundamentally changes the style of gameplay and combat.

i miss health packs when you kill someone or when a team-mate dies... THAT was a good mechanic in matches. good player could have a streak and so on...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6557|Area 51

FFLink wrote:

Hardcore requires better reactions and more care as to where you look or run to.

Also better aim.

On the contrary, hardcore requires less aim and requires more spray.
FFLink
There is.

Finray wrote:

FFLink wrote:

Hardcore requires better reactions
Reactions are a factor in both modes.. if you ain't got 'em, you're gonna lose either hardcore or non.

FFLink wrote:

and more care as to where you look or run to.
This is true, but in my opinion it doesn't make for better gameplay.. just overcautious, hesitant gameplay. And it plays right into the hands of campers.

FFLink wrote:

Also better aim.
This is where you're 100% completely and utterly dead wrong. The only way you'd need better aim is if, for some reason, your targets got smaller, or they moved faster. Do they? No, they don't. Infact, you need better aim to play non hardcore. In hardcore you don't need to hit them as many times, so you can spray and get lucky more often.

FFLink wrote:

See below..

FFLink wrote:

Hmm, dunno who you were playing with, but I recall when I played with you and your clan I was the one topping the table most often, whilst you were kicking around the bottom...
Kicking round the bottom? What games were you playing? If you're also basing your skill off of kills alone, then you don't know the meaning of the different game modes and how kills alone don't help for the win.

By better aim I mean you get the first shot to hit or you die. Thus better reactions are required.

It's also not 'over-cautious', it's the right amount of cautious and hesitance that's required for the game. With your disagreement shows you don't like the game mode because of reasons I can only assume That doesn't make it over-cautious, it just means you don't like the way it plays. It's not fast-paced all the while, so what happens when it's not fast-paced? It becomes slow. Players get cautious... Hence your opinion.

Campers can only get one kill on someone before being completely open for deaths. Any smart player can remember camp spots and play around and work with them. If you die by a camper more than once then you deserve it.

Hardcore is the only game mode I play on MW2 and will probably be the only one on BO. It's just a lot more fun.

Also, we're getting a server for the game, too. This is definitely one of the biggest wins for the game. Lately I can't even join a lobby with the majority of my friends cos it just throws up an 'unable to connect' message without even trying to join.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
ITT two people trade opinions on call of duty after clearly being introduced by the modern warfare series

hardcore just doesn't 'feel' like essential call of duty. the cautiousness, insta-deaths, the camping... it just isn't what the game is about.
FFLink
There is.

Uzique wrote:

ITT two people trade opinions on call of duty after clearly being introduced by the modern warfare series

hardcore just doesn't 'feel' like essential call of duty. the cautiousness, insta-deaths, the camping... it just isn't what the game is about.
It's a name, let go.

It's easy enough to say the Modern Warfare series aren't the originals. You are the only one here who seems to care.

It's the way of a few games. Final Fantasy comes to mind. The games are now nothing how they used to be. They still keep the name, though.

I tried to play through the CoD1 singleplayer many years ago, but its bugs prevented me from getting anywhere. Other than that, MW2 is my first CoD game, bar MW1's singleplayer. So what?

This discussion is about the latest games, not how they're nothing how it used to be. Maybe Hardcore or just the whole game in total isn't how CoD should 'feel' but it's how it is.

Hardcore isn't normal mode (Softcore? Core?). It's a different way of playing the game and as it turns out, it's the only way I can stand playing the series.

May also be worth noting that I don't play the game alone. I only play with friends, so that's why Hardcore is more enjoyable to me. It relies on teamwork.

Last edited by FFLink (2010-10-29 07:03:51)

Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|5002|Ontario, Canada

Uzique wrote:

You prefer the large maps with tons of equally useful cover, the tremendous kickback on the guns rendering the ironsights only useful when fired in bursts and the lack of explosive cheap weapons that cod1 featured?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Me too. Though cod2 and four were also fun, but I played Cod1 the first so it sets my standard for a good cod game
11 Bravo
Banned
+965|5230|Cleveland, Ohio

FFLink wrote:

Uzique wrote:

It's a name, let go.

It's easy enough to say the Modern Warfare series aren't the originals. You are the only one here who seems to care.

It's the way of a few games. Final Fantasy comes to mind. The games are now nothing how they used to be. They still keep the name, though.

I tried to play through the CoD1 singleplayer many years ago, but its bugs prevented me from getting anywhere. Other than that, MW2 is my first CoD game, bar MW1's singleplayer. So what?

This discussion is about the latest games, not how they're nothing how it used to be. Maybe Hardcore or just the whole game in total isn't how CoD should 'feel' but it's how it is.

Hardcore isn't normal mode (Softcore? Core?). It's a different way of playing the game and as it turns out, it's the only way I can stand playing the series.

May also be worth noting that I don't play the game alone. I only play with friends, so that's why Hardcore is more enjoyable to me. It relies on teamwork.
ya i only play hardcore
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
I love how you're throwing assumption after assumption at me, this just in: I'm not shit at MW2. I'm 100% certain I'm so, so, so much better than you are. Without a doubt, so don't even try to justify any of your points with "you can't do it cause you suck". No, that's just wrong.

Also, hurf durf there's more to the game than K ratio. That's CoD 101. But you should also note that suppressing enemies - by killing them - also helps your team greatly, allowing them to cap points.

Regarding aiming, you're just not getting it. Everything is equal per player in softcore, and everything per player is equal in hardcore. The only difference is it takes LESS BULLETS to kill someone. ERGO you need to aim at them LESS.

I don't like the gamemode because it slows down the pace of the game, leading to people crouching around or camping. What's fun about that? Unless your reactions are slower and aiming worse that you can't hit people who run places instead of crouching...

Regardless of campers only getting one kill, it's still insanely annoying being killed so cheaply.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463

Acerider wrote:

Uzique wrote:

You prefer the large maps with tons of equally useful cover, the tremendous kickback on the guns rendering the ironsights only useful when fired in bursts and the lack of explosive cheap weapons that cod1 featured?

Spoiler (highlight to read):
Me too. Though cod2 and four were also fun, but I played Cod1 the first so it sets my standard for a good cod game
pace shut up you were like 8 when cod1 was released

you're just like finray... name-dropping the older games to try and boost some weird sense of gaming 'prestige' and 'experience'
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Don't you dare compare me to Pace.
FFLink
There is.

Should join us in our FFA games every now and then. We'll see.

How are you not getting this? It takes less bullets to kill, correct.

Now, picture this:

You're walking and you get shot. If the guy misses you, in Softcore you have a lot more time to aim and kill the guy, or run to cover. In Hardcore, you have a lot less time before you die to kill him. Ergo, faster reactions are required in order to survive. Good reactions in Softcore don't always transfer to Hardcore.

Now, another:

You're face to face with some guy, just met each other at the same time. Softcore, you both shoot and jump around and whoever gets the most total hits wins. It's not necessarily the first hit to win. In Hardcore, whoever shoots and HITS first, usually wins. If you miss your first shot, it's a high chance the other guy won't. Understand now?
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6463
ha ha

go write a guide about it or something

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard