SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6776|Sumter, South Carolina
I have done a lot of thinking about how to solve the issue of TKing for vehicles.  We all know how much of an in game problem this is, and how extremely pisssing it is.  After doing much thought on it, I have come to the conclusion that there is really no way to remedy that problem ITSELF.  However, there are ways we could remedy it, but these ways would cause fallout.  By that I mean, it would also affect other things.  Here is my best idea to date on how to fix the problem, and it wuold also actually add an interesting new element to game play.

A little history:

In a war time situation, if a friendly soldier kills another friendly, he can be tried for murder.  More than likely, if it was true collateral damage, he will never face those UCMJ charges.  However, if the act was blatant murder, and itentional Friendly on Friendly, such as the case in Iraq where a soldier rolled a grenade into a 101st Airborne tent, and then strafed the fleeing soldiers with his M4 carbine, the solider WILL face execution.  The LOAC also allows for another friendly to then terminate that person on the spot if the chance arises, obviously. 

My suggestion to EA:

EA should make it so that if you teamkil someone, you are then flagged as a traitor at your next spawn and can be killed once.  They could then make it to where if you team kill again you are flagged that way for the rest of the round.  That way, you'd have both sides shooting at poor you, lol.

Potential Problems:

The problem that could arise from this is that people could abuse it. They would team kill just to be flagged as a traitor so that they could shoot at both sides.  A way to remedy this would be if they continued to kill the team they are assigned to, they would THEN be kicked or kicked and banned, etc. like normal.

Another problem would be people would GET themselves TKed by people they dont like just so they could shoot them.  I have no rememdy to this problem, ;p

So what do you guys think? Fire away

Shady
The Soup Nazi
+18|6798|North Lauderdale, FL
very interesting idea you had there.  after reading it, i was reminded of a plugin for another game.  the Mani Admin plugin for Counter-Strike Source has a punishment system for teamkillers.  victims of TK's are given several different options ranging from forgiving completely, gimping, drugging, even to slaying.  even if you're forgiven, you still lose one point, but you never lose more than that.  i absolutely hate the fact that i still lose 2 points if i'm forgiven in bf2.  plus, i think it would be more interesting to have different punishment options....
dsb
+0|6788
An addendum to your idea...

While I have no argument for permanently flagging an excessive teamkiller, I do think that there should be some kind of exception for accidental TK's because they CAN happen more than once per game.

How about something that tracks the number of times you've been flagged.  A three strike rule kinda thing.

First flag:  Be killed once w/o penalty
Second flag:  Flagged for two minutes or something.
Third flag: Perma-flag

Another thing to consider may be turning off that players ability to team-switch OR make the perma-flag stick regardless of team.  In addition, once they've got the perma-flag they become likely to keep shooting at friendly's.  A i'm-already-flagged-so-who-cares thing.

Not for nothing, but it would also do a better job of punishing those that are too sloppy with their nades, GL's, C4, etc.
SrA_Shady
any more idea guys?>
[ZzZ]Soldier.dk
+0|6777
reflekt damage, like in cod, its a bitch but you learn
SrA_Shady
yep I remember that
The_Time
+-2|6803|California
i personally like the CS:S cure for this problem. It would be great to be able to light a tk'er on fire
cohen1976
+14|6779
its very simple...like in DoD on some servers when u teamkill on spawn u die urself..
and it works 100%. making u open for other teammates to attack wont solve the problem since another teammate wil shoot u then and another teammate wil shoot him ect ect.

just make it so that only around main base or spawn u wil die if u TK another.
Tigg@lot
noob on tour
+1|6785|NRW,Germany
I think it would be possible to create some kind of zone around your base so if anyone tk´s inside this zone an gets punished he can´t spawn inside this zone for 5 minutes (except it´s the last base), or he just can´t respawn for 1 minute at all or something like this.
Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6831
Your idea is absolutely horrible. Why not just put an invisible radius around vehicals like a flag, except larger or smaller radiuses for certain vehicals or areas (Aircraft Carrier) where TK is off within that area?
Buzerk1
+44|6847
My view on this is very simple and could be easily change from a server point of view. Everytime you TK within a 15 minutes period, the next time you die, your respawn time is double... from 15sec, to 30 sec, to 1 minute... Intentional or not, of you are doing too many TKs, you need to take a break as you suck

The name tag should also be mark in RED, this way Admin would easily see who's TKing and decide kick them earlier if they want.

After a few TK you will learn to be more careful. This way you remove TKer from the game play. I would still keep existing punish/kick/ban.
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6782|AUS, Canberra
someone mentioned  this sudgestion in another post and i think its prob the best idea,
if you team kill somone within a set distance from a flag ( big enough radius to cover where the vehicles are )
you die also, completly eliminating the need to do it.
EnemySpy
+0|6771
I think this idea sucks.  If you have ever played CS and seen these plugins in actions you will know it ruins the gameplay - and still doesn't solve the problem of accidental team kills being punished by n00bs and spiteful people.

In my opinion, I think the best way of dealing with team kills is to have a rolling average of say 15 allowed teamhits (where a team mate shoots another team mate but doesn't kill them) in say 5 minutes.  And a maximum of say 3 team kills in a given 1 or 2 hour period before that person is kicked and banned from the server for a period of time.

This will still have problems like people who accidently blow up a helicopter, but it is fairer for everyone.  As it is fully automated, and people understand the rules beforehand, you don't have bad feeling generated on the server by the current (or the originally proposed) solution, because someone punished someone for accidently team killing.

Some of the other idea I like too

Last edited by EnemySpy (2005-10-24 05:08:49)

cohen1976
+14|6779

the_heart_attack wrote:

someone mentioned  this sudgestion in another post and i think its prob the best idea,
if you team kill somone within a set distance from a flag ( big enough radius to cover where the vehicles are )
you die also, completly eliminating the need to do it.
the best thing on this is they kill u for the vehicle, so if they kill u and die there self they wont get the vehicle!! get the point!!

so teamkilling for a vehicle is not possible anymore...
wombat.:FTS:.
+0|6771
VERY SIMPLE FIX

i posted this on another forum a while back

After a tk u should be blocked from entering a vehicle for 20-30 secs
this give u time to think about what u have done while the person who was shot now has a chance to try again for vehicle

simple yet effective.... even if it was an accident u will learn very quickly to 'CHECK YOUR FIRE!"

THIS WOULD PRETTY MUCH ERADIACATE TKING FOR VEHICLES

now it there was something we could do about thos nade whores who dont know how to shoot any thing else so shoot a nade at their team mate having a knife fight............. so many idiots.... so little consequences
Hakiki
+0|6771
there is without a doubt no perfect solution for a problem like this... i've been thinking alot of it thoug and have come up with the following... passive explosives (AT-mines, claymore) should not be punishable at accidental teamkills (exception when set out in middle of bases)... the team can perfectly clear see the skull on the explosives before it is triggered nomatter where it is put... even so alot of ppl tend to drive/walk straigt throug it and then punishing for TK... also i dont think it should be possible to punish someone for a teamkill if they with the same shot/grenade/explosives kill an enemy... the punishing isnt for fucking up the stats of every unlucky blow, but to be able to punish intended teamkilling (which some people have yet to realize)  this have bothered me for a long time and i really hope EA can come up with an acceptable solution in the next patch...
gearpig
+6|6772|SoCal
Punishing a TK'r should kill them and make them respawn, that will teach them.
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6831

Buzerk1 wrote:

My view on this is very simple and could be easily change from a server point of view. Everytime you TK within a 15 minutes period, the next time you die, your respawn time is double... from 15sec, to 30 sec, to 1 minute... Intentional or not, of you are doing too many TKs, you need to take a break as you suck

The name tag should also be mark in RED, this way Admin would easily see who's TKing and decide kick them earlier if they want.

After a few TK you will learn to be more careful. This way you remove TKer from the game play. I would still keep existing punish/kick/ban.
I like this idea the most of what I've heard. Althought they do need to fix issues like teammates running over mines, and the helicopter bug, where a jet kamakazis a blackhhawk full of soldiers, and the pilot of the black hawk get 5 team kills for doing nothing.

I think the fix for the mines is, for the first 60 seconds the mine is out there, you get a TK if a teammate rolls over it, after that, you dont get a TK if a teammate blows up on it.  Although I know this might open the door for some nastiness like those who put mines at the spawn area of vehicles.
cohen1976
+14|6779
around spawn main base u shoot a teammate and i say only shoot !! u wil die ur self.
but then only around main spawn.
this wil alow the player who got shot to walk on and the potential teamkiller is dead.
problem solved
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6817|Orlando, FL - Age 43
So great, someone runs over a mine I have placed...and I die? An idiot runs under my tank treads and I get kicked from the vehicle and cannot re-enter it? I shoot a teammate whose name is in red and I face greater spawn times? The answer is not in software but in communication and team cooperation and perhaps getting EA to treat it as seriously as it treats stat-padding and point farming. Perhaps an account wipe after battlerecorder evidence. If a player is TK'ing for vehicles....scream it onto the open channel. Get everyones (particularly an admins) attention. (I suggest doing it as calmly as possible and without profanity to be taken seriously) Another thing to try is to give a reason for a kick vote...before initiating it. I vote no 99% of the time simply because I have no idea why a kick vote is initiated.  As a teammmember, take this accusation seriously, but of course with a grain of salt for the malicious ones out there who will cry wolf to get their way.

https://bf2s.com/player/44571234/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/44571234/awards.jpg

Last edited by Darth_Fleder (2005-11-01 16:45:58)

kontrolcrimson
Get your body beat.
+183|6839|Australia
why not get rid of TK?
Chazflyz
+1|6853
Like some have said above, the TKer should die and/or respawn.  And do not let the player respawn for 3 minutes.  Hell, make it 5 minutes.  Eventually he/she will leave ther server.   

Or just get rid of TKing altogether and just stick with team damage and continue docking the TDer -1 .
AnD-MasterMatt
+0|6762|Vancouver, WA - USA
I think I have a solution for the fairest way to deal with TK's, but unfortunately it would slow the gameplay between levels. Basically, at the end of each level the battle recorder displays clips of TK's for each team from the perspective of the Team Killer. The team that the Team Killer was on gets to then decide by viewing the recording wether or not the TK was intentional or accidental. It should be pretty obvious wether or not a TK was an accident, a result of stupidity, or intentional.

For example, if the recording of a TK shows an engineer walking down a road toward a doorway, and then all of a sudden displays a message that he TK's someone with an AT-mine even though that person is not on screen and on the other side of the map then it will be apparent that the TK was unintentional. If on the other hand the recording shows a player sneaking up on an ally with the knife equipped then stabs them in the back when they go prone, it will be very obvious that it was intentional.

After each 5-10 second TK recording the players on the TK'ers team would then get to vote wether the TK was accidental, a result of incompetence, or intentional. If the majority votes that the TK was accidental then the TKer isn't punished. If the TK was voted to be a result of incompetence then the TKer gets -1 team points. If the TK is voted to be an intentional TK then the TKer gets -2 team points and gets a death counted against him. Traitors normally get executed if convicted guilty so that's where I came up with the death point against the TKer. If the same player gets 3 intentional TK's voted against them then they are either kicked or banned from the server.

I think this would be the fairest way to deal with TK'ers but unfortunately it would take a lot of time to view all of the recordings after each round. Especially since there can often be a dozen TK's per team each round. That would add about 60-120 seconds of TK viewing after each round, which is the major drawback of this approach.
buzz4god
+0|6761
making people wait 5 mins is a horable idea. yes they may deserve it but soon you have a 5 person team. Tk's happen. If you punish, then you used your power. You should never shoot back, you make the problem worse. The idea of doubling the spawn time is good but it need more so that it doesnt last the whole round. After a min it goes back to 15 seconds or something like that. If you forgive, you should'nt loose points either. Mastermatt, the replay of tks is a bad idea, i would hate it and demand that ea take it out of the game. Maybe as an option for admin it would be nice, but other then that... no.
pinky_81
+1|6801|Denmark

gearpig wrote:

Punishing a TK should kill them and make them respawn, that will teach them
The first problem with all the solutions is that the game is FULL OF SHITTY BUGS AND ERRORS...
When coming with a solution make sure you account for :

TK on purpose
TK by mistake
TK because the game messes up

But I like that you get killed if someone punishes... Its bad if you make a mistake or something but I can live with it - At least not many persons would TK for vehicles anymore

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard