El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5873|Gulf Coast

Still not very far but I'm already vilified with powder gang and the legion. I guess I better stay friendly with NCR?
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6439|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

El Beardo wrote:

Still not very far but I'm already vilified with powder gang and the legion. I guess I better stay friendly with NCR?
You don't have to :p
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
FloppY_
­

[-DER-]Omega wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Have anyone else managed to scrape up a Hunting rifle scope?

I really want one but I can't find it
got mine at the gun runners shop near freeside
They only sell the good stuff I already have / can't afford / can't afford to feed
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6621

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

So this thread seems pretty active given the small population of BF2s these days...how would you guys rank this game compared to Fallout 3? 

About as good? Better? Worse?  (I don't trust game "reviewers" these days, and don't want to sift through 26 pages of posts here)

I love RPGs, love the Fallout universe, etc., but I hesitate to spend $50 on a brand new game that lacks multiplayer unless it's truly amazing.
It's like way better than FO3.

Everything is better compared to FO3.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5941|Catherine Black
I liked FO3
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Blade4509
Wrench turnin' fool
+202|5662|America
Am I cool now?
https://screenshot.xfire.com/s/105963961-3.jpg
"Raise the flag high! Let the degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!"
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6691|Long Island, New York

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

So this thread seems pretty active given the small population of BF2s these days...how would you guys rank this game compared to Fallout 3? 

About as good? Better? Worse?  (I don't trust game "reviewers" these days, and don't want to sift through 26 pages of posts here)

I love RPGs, love the Fallout universe, etc., but I hesitate to spend $50 on a brand new game that lacks multiplayer unless it's truly amazing.
8.75/10 so far. Not better than FO3 in terms of story/setting, but in terms of content alone it destroys FO3.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6813|The darkside of Denver
whare are you guys using for screens?  I cant get fraps to work with this game
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6890|Oxferd Ohire
can it capture its own screens? like battlefield.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Brasso
+1,549|6784

didn't even start playing the game until i disabled mouse acceleration.  same old bullshit.

carry on.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
SonderKommando

RTHKI wrote:

can it capture its own screens? like battlefield.
Fuck I dunno.  prob why fraps doesnt work. lol.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
Fraps works for Cammy, what version are you using?
SonderKommando

Finray wrote:

The latest I assume, just redownloaded and installed yesterday.  Is he saving to a custom dirctory? Wonder if thats it?
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|6118|London, England

Poseidon wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

Not better than FO3 in terms of story/setting, but in terms of content alone it destroys FO3.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6933|Great Brown North
fraps works fine for me
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/3949/mercy.jpg

Last edited by krazed (2010-10-26 15:22:27)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

SonderKommando wrote:

Finray wrote:

The latest I assume, just redownloaded and installed yesterday.  Is he saving to a custom dirctory? Wonder if thats it?
Pretty sure his settings are all default

.. tried pressing F12 to change the corner it shows the FPS in? Might be running after all.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+796|6838|United States of America

Poseidon wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

8.75/10 so far. Not better than FO3 in terms of story/setting, but in terms of content alone it destroys FO3.
What??? The story/setting is far better than FO3. 3 was just going into variations of the same metro station/industrial building over and over again, and the story didn't have very much variation in it, whereas here you can choose to destroy any number of factions should you so desire.
SonderKommando
it still runs, just doesnt capture screens.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

DesertFox- wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

-CARNIFEX-[LOC] wrote:

What??? The story/setting is far better than FO3. 3 was just going into variations of the same metro station/industrial building over and over again, and the story didn't have very much variation in it, whereas here you can choose to destroy any number of factions should you so desire.
DC is a MUCH better setting than the Mojave Desert. The only interesting place in NV is The Strip. In DC you had The Capitol, the White House (though a crater), the Washington Monument, The Lincoln/Jefferson Memorials, Arlington Cemetary.. so many national landmarks. It was almost surreal to see them in ruin. In NV, not so much. So setting definitely goes to FO3.

In terms of story... I believe I've mentioned this before, but the fact that you really connect to your character in FO3 is what pulled me into it. In NV it's just like "sup you're some guy, you got shot in the head, kill matthew perry". In FO3 you see your own birth... and Liam Neeson's beautiful voice is there to guide you along the birth canal.

Last edited by Poseidon (2010-10-26 15:46:07)

FloppY_
­

Blade4509 wrote:

Am I cool now?
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/105963961-3.jpg
not before you put on the wasteland doctor outfit (the one boone is wearing)

I love having Raul as my companion

All my weapons have double their normal hp

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-10-26 16:04:24)

Mutantbear

Poseidon has my opinion
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6621
The Capital was to dead. It was a skeleton, bare, cold and empty. The Mojave felt as if it were alive, it was also full, like there was just shit everywhere and not like in the Capital where a full three quarters of the map is pretty much empty. It had more proper population centers, really the only places where people lived in the Capital were Rivet City, The Citadel and Megaton. All the other settlements were to small and uninteresting or blocked inaccessible for all but one or two missions (like V101). But in the Mojave you got decent sized settlements at Goodsprings, Novac, Freeside, West-side, Nellis, McCarran, Hoover Dam, the Fort, Mojave Outpost and Jacobstown. The 188 Trading Post is incredibly minor in the Mojave, it exists only to serve as a place for Veronica to chill when you don't want her with you, and it has equal population as most of the settlements in the Capital.

The story also gets more interesting as it goes along. While FO3 did start off really strong, by the end it was just "Brotherhood = Good, Enclave = Bad, but you're stuck with the Brotherhood until the very end even if you are bad." While in NV the conflict is much more interesting. The NCR seem like the good guys, but their self imposed bureaucracy gets in the way of the ideals behind their objectives. The Legion is brutal, but only they seem capable of bringing proper order to a place where order is in the highest demands. And in FO3 you needed to be good or bad or suffer the incredibly lame middle route, while in NV the middle route makes you another faction in the conflict, instead of just some guy in the place.

NV really is a big improvement over FO3.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
DC was also directly hit by several nukes. New Vegas was not. And even with that, DC still had plenty of places. Underworld, Oasis, Paradise Falls, Tenpenny Tower (on top of what you mentioned)... plenty of places. Of course NV is going to have more proper population centers, half the population isn't infected like DC.

NV does have better/more choices... but that doesn't make a better story. I don't know about you but I actually connected with the Lone Wanderer in Fallout 3.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
When you "die" in Fallout 3 - obviously not the real ending, but dying as I knew it at the time - it's actually really upsetting. If The Courier were to die, I'd only be upset that I lost my progress and wouldn't be able to continue anymore.
Mutantbear

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

The Capital was to dead. It was a skeleton, bare, cold and empty.
Thats the point
FloppY_
­

Doctor Strangelove wrote:

The Capital was to dead. It was a skeleton, bare, cold and empty. The Mojave felt as if it were alive, it was also full, like there was just shit everywhere and not like in the Capital where a full three quarters of the map is pretty much empty. It had more proper population centers, really the only places where people lived in the Capital were Rivet City, The Citadel and Megaton. All the other settlements were to small and uninteresting or blocked inaccessible for all but one or two missions (like V101). But in the Mojave you got decent sized settlements at Goodsprings, Novac, Freeside, West-side, Nellis, McCarran, Hoover Dam, the Fort, Mojave Outpost and Jacobstown. The 188 Trading Post is incredibly minor in the Mojave, it exists only to serve as a place for Veronica to chill when you don't want her with you, and it has equal population as most of the settlements in the Capital.

The story also gets more interesting as it goes along. While FO3 did start off really strong, by the end it was just "Brotherhood = Good, Enclave = Bad, but you're stuck with the Brotherhood until the very end even if you are bad." While in NV the conflict is much more interesting. The NCR seem like the good guys, but their self imposed bureaucracy gets in the way of the ideals behind their objectives. The Legion is brutal, but only they seem capable of bringing proper order to a place where order is in the highest demands. And in FO3 you needed to be good or bad or suffer the incredibly lame middle route, while in NV the middle route makes you another faction in the conflict, instead of just some guy in the place.

NV really is a big improvement over FO3.
You are really forgetting alot of encampments from FO3 tbh,,

Megaton
Tenpenny Tower
Underworld
The Vampire's station
Rivet City
The Citadel
Little Lamplight
(Big town)

and more..

Board footer