Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State

War Man wrote:

They won't have aircraft for a long time unless some player decides to make a map with them. Empires is quite short on crew and they no longer have modelers
but the aircraft factory and aircraft are already modeled, just not textured
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
Yes, but coding is required to implement them as well. In the beta they did have aircraft but handled horribly due to the limitations of the source engine as well as max mapsize
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
War Man
Well trotsky, they're working on adding aircraft now. Besides that they replaced the carbine and the machine pistol for BE in the new 2.28 patch. Replacement for machine pistol is basically a DEagle as everyone describes it, carbine has been replaced with the new Assault Rifle with a 20 round clip and high ROF. Damage is low but the gun is super accurate when you are crouched or prone.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Engineers should not be medics.
War Man
Not unless you are genetically enhanced either by nanites or biologically and the repair tool happens to have just the thing to heal you attached. It works out anyway as I'm guessing you just thought to comment without playing the game, adds more usefulness for class especially in non-commander maps where engineer would be worthless.
FloppY_
­
+1,010|6255|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

War Man wrote:

Not unless you are genetically enhanced either by nanites or biologically and the repair tool happens to have just the thing to heal you attached. It works out anyway as I'm guessing you just thought to comment without playing the game, adds more usefulness for class especially in non-commander maps where engineer would be worthless.
>Implying a well-placed sentrygun / rocketlauncher can't turn the tide of a game
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
War Man

FloppY_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

>Implying a well-placed sentrygun / rocketlauncher can't turn the tide of a game
1 well placed sentry doesn't turn the tide of a game.

Last edited by War Man (2010-10-25 00:09:51)

FloppY_
­

War Man wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

War Man wrote:

1 well placed sentry doesn't turn the tide of a game.
I beg to differ
Trotskygrad
бля
the 2.26 patch was decent. the DEagle is a bit OP imo, have enough engys making headshots.

I hope they don't get rid of the SMG1 and SMG2, I love those guns.
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4979|Ontario, Canada
What game is this a mod for?
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6660|Devon, England
My guess is CS:S
Acerider
Stupid keyboard is stuck
+32|4979|Ontario, Canada

FFLink wrote:

Oh, thanks.
FloppY_
­

FFLink wrote:

You'd be wrong...

Steam wrote:

Mods (require HL2)
War Man
Source SDK to be exact which any source mod can have and the Heavy Pistol ain't OP, hard to kill with it maybe I'm not using it right I don't know, Floppy, the game would have to have very few players(like 8v8 at the most) and the turret would have to be fully upgraded, even so there are ways to get rid of it which wouldn't be too difficult
Trotskygrad
бля

War Man wrote:

Source SDK to be exact which any source mod can have and the Heavy Pistol ain't OP, hard to kill with it maybe I'm not using it right I don't know, Floppy, the game would have to have very few players(like 8v8 at the most) and the turret would have to be fully upgraded, even so there are ways to get rid of it which wouldn't be too difficult
wait...

So they have no more carbine, just an assault rifle and a heavy pistol?

anyways...

EMP nades > turrets. If your team has an OUNCE of teamwork, taking out a turret is no sweat.

however, multiple turrets... that's harder
firebolt5
+114|6125
I have to say, I completely forgot about this mod and I'm surprised there's still people playing (sounds like you guys are playing it due to recent posts in this thread).  I always think that Source mods don't go far.  Like what happened to NeoTokyo?  I haven't heard anything from that mod in a long time.
FloppY_
­

firebolt5 wrote:

I have to say, I completely forgot about this mod and I'm surprised there's still people playing (sounds like you guys are playing it due to recent posts in this thread).  I always think that Source mods don't go far.  Like what happened to NeoTokyo?  I haven't heard anything from that mod in a long time.
Didn't that die before it started?

And plenty of sourcemods are doing fine

Fistfull of frags is great and still under development
Pirates Vikings and Knights II is getting updates often too, although they add the characters abit slow...
War Man

Trotskygrad wrote:

War Man wrote:

wait...

So they have no more carbine, just an assault rifle and a heavy pistol?

anyways...

EMP nades > turrets. If your team has an OUNCE of teamwork, taking out a turret is no sweat.

however, multiple turrets... that's harder
The old assault rifle is now known as the heavy rifle and they introduced a new assault rifle for BE, 20 round clip fast rate of fire weak damage but very accurate. Yes a bunch of turrets is a pain in the ass especially level 3s and even level 2s can be a bitch, still you can manage to take care of it by being scout with the hide skill and sabotaging the turrets, unless they get fully repaired they can't fire and drain hp to the point where it gets destroyed afterwards. Tricky to do especially when enemy units spot the partially invisible thing crawling slowly to the turrets.
firebolt5
+114|6125

FloppY_ wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

Pirates Vikings and Knights II is getting updates often too, although they add the characters abit slow...
I thought NeoTokyo was a good mod.  When it was first released, I remember seeing a lot of players playing it.
Trotskygrad
бля

firebolt5 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I thought NeoTokyo was a good mod.  When it was first released, I remember seeing a lot of players playing it.
Zombie Master, Zombie Panic Source, Insurgency, and GMOD (ofc) are all doing well

only the Hidden has really faded into obscurity (because it's so goddamn annoying)
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Zombie Master, Zombie Panic Source, Insurgency, and GMOD (ofc) are all doing well

only the Hidden has really faded into obscurity (because it's so goddamn annoying)
I like the hidden, mostly when I am the hidden though... It's so funny messing with the minds of a 4man squad
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

firebolt5 wrote:

I like the hidden, mostly when I am the hidden though... It's so funny messing with the minds of a 4man squad
that's the problem

I think that they should make the hidden more visible (like the spy in TF2, flickers when hit, and the hit effects stack), and more health.

and give the IRIS melee weapons, and more guns, and be able to restock at a "truck"
FloppY_
­

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

that's the problem

I think that they should make the hidden more visible (like the spy in TF2, flickers when hit, and the hit effects stack), and more health.

and give the IRIS melee weapons, and more guns, and be able to restock at a "truck"
Yeah but I think the only reason this mod is alive is because beeing the hidden is funny enough that you can accept beeing the on the victim team for 1/5th of the time

Nothing really beats it when you've killed one of their teammembers, only to bounce his body past a hallway and seeing them piss themselves and fire all their ammo down the hall xD
Trotskygrad
бля

FloppY_ wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

that's the problem

Yeah but I think the only reason this mod is alive is because beeing the hidden is funny enough that you can accept beeing the on the victim team for 1/5th of the time

Nothing really beats it when you've killed one of their teammembers, only to bounce his body past a hallway and seeing them piss themselves and fire all their ammo down the hall xD
for me, it's a good 95% of the time...

Probs cause I suck at it.
War Man
Steam now supports this so you can download this on steam.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard