Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
I see.
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

Yeah everyone can lift way more in the smith machine than with free weights.

If you really don't have time for 5 workouts a week, why don't you do a beginner routine? A 3 day a week 5x5 type program? This is more geared for strength than size, but it's a good place to start. Or are you just going for size?
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Fuck man, no idea what was up with my triceps today. Did the regular workout that pretty much kills me every time, but I could keep on going.. Did 5 more BW sets till failure at the end, and still hit 9 reps on my last set, and still wasn't feeling sore
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6161|Roma
Ate your spinach this morning or something?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Home wrote:

If you really don't have time for 5 workouts a week, why don't you do a beginner routine? A 3 day a week 5x5 type program? This is more geared for strength than size, but it's a good place to start. Or are you just going for size?
not going in for any weightlifting competitions or anything just want some muscles to impress the bitches with it innit.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Ate your spinach this morning or something?
idunno man, but I felt like I could keep on going/not felt sore..
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver

Finray wrote:

Home wrote:

not going in for any weightlifting competitions or anything just want some muscles to impress the bitches with it innit.
God I hate you right now.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
qq
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5454|Bolingbrook, Illinois
so usually i would do my good morning, then lat pulldown, then seated row, then bicep curls.

but the other day, i did my good mornings, then bicep curls, then seated row, then lat pulldown

i increased the results of my bicep curls by 5 pounds and decreased my lat pulldown by 5.  i didn't know the order of how you lift affects your ability to lift that much.  so my question is should i switch it around every week, or should i do the same order everytime.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver

HaiBai wrote:

so usually i would do my good morning, then lat pulldown, then seated row, then bicep curls.

but the other day, i did my good mornings, then bicep curls, then seated row, then lat pulldown

i increased the results of my bicep curls by 5 pounds and decreased my lat pulldown by 5.  i didn't know the order of how you lift affects your ability to lift that much.  so my question is should i switch it around every week, or should i do the same order everytime.
Switch it up every 4-6 weeks. Keep your body guessing. Switch your split up too.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
All right. I've been doing the same routine for about 6 weeks now and I've seen some nice gains. Did 3x12 on pretty much everything, except the big compound lifts (Deadlift & Squat) where I did 5x5.

I feel it's time to switch things around, maybe even to experiment with another (lower..) rep range as I'm obviously not seeing much strength gains right now. Maybe add some new exercises/remove somd old ones aswell.. I could post my current workout scheme if wanted..
HaiBai

SonderKommando wrote:

HaiBai wrote:

Switch it up every 4-6 weeks. Keep your body guessing. Switch your split up too.
is this just a case of my body getting used to it?  i just thought i was more tired at the end of the workout.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Finray wrote:

Home wrote:

https://blog.zap2it.com/thedishrag/jersey-shore-mtv-castcut.jpg
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

Can someone come over and lift weights for me, I dont have time
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK

Mutantbear wrote:

Can someone come over and lift weights for me, I dont have time
Sure you don't.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5734|Belgium
Hey guys, I've been using the following routine for about 6 weeks now, so it has become time to change things around... I've maintained 3x12 rep range on pretty much all exercises, with an addition. I aim for 12 reps with a certain weight, so if I'll get in 12-10-9 reps I'll use the same weight the next week and hopefully get 12-12-11 for example. Then I'll raise the weight next week.
I've seen some size gains with this routine, but not a lot of strength gains, so I'd like a better combination in my 'next' routine..

Monday: Chest/Biceps/Forearms

BB Bench Press: 3x12
Dumbbell Fly: 3x12
Dumbbell Incline BP: 3x12
Cable Cross Over: 3x12

Seated DB Curl: 3x12 (12 reps each arm - alternating)
Seated EZ-Preacher Curl: 3x12
Standing Biceps Cable Curl: 3x12 + 3x7 (low/high/complete)

Forearms; Behind the back wrist curls, standing curls, etc 3x12

Chin-Ups: 3xFailure

Wednesday: Shoulders/Legs

Cable Front Raise: 3x12
DB Lateral Raise: 3x12
Shoulder Press: 3x12
DB Arnold Press: 3x12

Shrugs: 3x12

Seated Calf Raise: 3x12
Squat: 5x5
Deadlift: 5x5

Friday: Back/Triceps

Machine Lat Pulldown (close-grip like): 3x12
Cable Seated Row: 3x12
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown: 3x12
Pull-Ups: 3xFailure

Bench Dip: 3x12
Skull Crushers/French Press: 3x12
Triceps Pushdown w/ V-Bar: 3x12
One Arm Cable Tricep Extension: 3x12
Dips: 3xFailure

Yes, I realize I don't hit my legs hard at all, but I can't with my knee.

Sorry for clogging the whole page, we need hide tags
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6591|London, England
I can tell people are assuming I'm a bigger douche than I actually am now that I'm starting to get slightly ripped, you said this shit didn't have any downsides. Screw you all
HaiBai

Jebus wrote:

Hey guys, I've been using the following routine for about 6 weeks now, so it has become time to change things around... I've maintained 3x12 rep range on pretty much all exercises, with an addition. I aim for 12 reps with a certain weight, so if I'll get in 12-10-9 reps I'll use the same weight the next week and hopefully get 12-12-11 for example. Then I'll raise the weight next week.
I've seen some size gains with this routine, but not a lot of strength gains, so I'd like a better combination in my 'next' routine..
track coaches have us doing the exact same thing in terms of sets and reps and moving up.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
I think legs and abs may have been a bit much today, feel like I over exercised.
Uzique
dasein.
+2,865|6440

Mekstizzle wrote:

I can tell people are assuming I'm a bigger douche than I actually am now that I'm starting to get slightly ripped, you said this shit didn't have any downsides. Screw you all
shut up mek you're a fat indian that has never posted a picture

"now im getting totally stacked all the girls know im a badass!"

clearly if you're so ripped and well looked after, you wouldnt have such petty self-esteem issues on the forum you spend all day on
libertarian benefit collector - anti-academic super-intellectual. http://mixlr.com/the-little-phrase/
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire

Uzique wrote:

Mekstizzle wrote:

shut up mek
exactly
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6430|UK
Did you like my picture uzi?
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
So I just got back from the gym with my buddy who likes to do things differently than I do.

He says we should do full body workouts and after each exercise do something completely uninvolved with the last muscle worked, i.e. Chest->Legs->Back->Arms->Abs->Chest->etc.

I said I like do go to the gym and do a BUNCH of workouts for a couple muscles then the next day do a few completely different muscles, etc. I.e. Arms->Chest->Chest/Arms->Arms->Mostly Chest w/ some arms->etc. (Then the next day do legs/back or whatever just nothing chest/arms)

I always thought that when you lift you burn the shit out of one or a couple muscle groups then leave them for a day or two to repair while you work other stuff. Full body workouts and full rest days for me were what you did if you couldn't go to the gym a lot didn't (or imo... what you did in high school when they couldn't make you workout every day and only had control over you and forced you into the weight room every other day)

Any input from the knowledgeable bf2s community?
Home
Section.80
+447|6818|Seattle, Washington, USA

They're just 2 different approaches. Some people prefer full body workouts, other people prefer muscle group splits. I've read several studies about which is "better" and there isn't really a more effective workout. If anything the results leaned slightly towards full body. It just kind of depends on how your body responds to it, so it's basically whichever you prefer.
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6726|Scotland

Home wrote:

They're just 2 different approaches. Some people prefer full body workouts, other people prefer muscle group splits. I've read several studies about which is "better" and there isn't really a more effective workout. If anything the results leaned slightly towards full body. It just kind of depends on how your body responds to it, so it's basically whichever you prefer.
Full body workouts should be done by anybody who's just starting out with workouts. Once you've plateaued with that (you usually do) then you go into concentrating on specific muscle groups each day.

Starting off by doing concentrated workouts will get you nowhere, as your body isn't used to the overall idea of a workout in the first place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard