-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6660|BC, Canada
I don't see the point of getting a Air. If you must get a Mac, it's not like its that much more difficult to move a MBP around, seems kinda like shooting yourself in the foot.
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6551|CH/BR - in UK

Zimmer wrote:

Wait, so THE LAUNCHPAD is a cluttered desktop?

lol. Just lol.
That was the first thing I noticed. I hope not. Also, do not like the idea of having to launch apps full screen. Well, not that I own a MacBook or anything, I'm just window shopping as usual.

Optical drives are on their way out for laptops, so I don't see an issue with that. Battery life looks awesome there. What's actually new in Lion?

-kon
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6176|Sydney | ♥

mtb0minime wrote:

Forgive my ignorance but how often do they come out with new operating systems and how much do they cost? Are you allowed free updates up to a certain point?

It's nice that they release them so frequently, but it could be pretty costly to consumers (*insert comment about how Apple products are already expensive enough derp*). Seriously, though..
Bout 40 bucks..
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
Benzin
+576|6000
Yea, the OS upgrades aren't too pricey. Apple did hand out free upgrades for Snow Leopard, IIRC, but I can't remember what the stipulations were.

Anyone thinking that for the price you pay for a new MBA, you could have one of those sexy, slim Sony Vaio laptops and have more than one USB port and an overall faster machine?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6569|NYC / Hamburg

No keyboard backlight on the MBA? Lame
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Benzin
+576|6000

max wrote:

it's all about saving weight...
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

Uzique wrote:

RDMC wrote:

SonderKommando wrote:

yaaawwwwnnnn......
Could anyone explain to me what exactly makes an Apple Macbook so good? I just don't get it.
google? sorry, lemme go post in a bunch of threads about things i know nothing about with asinine "yawn" comments

get out you silly little cunt
Maybe you didn't quite understand me there. I quoted yaaawn, because every macbook I've seen so far completely looks the same to me with the exception that they are getting thinner and thinner with every release. Performance wise I can't really see why you would opt to use a Macbook over an any other similar priced laptop. Thus I ask, what makes them so good?

So unless you can't properly respond to this. I suggest you are the one to get out 'silly cunt'. Jeesh.
.Sup
be nice
+2,646|6455|The Twilight Zone

CapnNismo wrote:

max wrote:

1 or 2 LEDs don't add much to the weight

Last edited by .Sup (2010-10-21 08:43:05)

https://www.shrani.si/f/3H/7h/45GTw71U/untitled-1.png
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6583|SE London

New Air is way better than the old one - much cheaper too. I actually kind of like this one. The only real downside I see to it is if it goes wrong - everything is soldered to a single board, which means if anything breaks you have a repair that will cost you more than the machine is worth to get it fixed.

The other stuff is very dull, except Lion - which I'm not looking forward to. From what I hear it's not the most stable of platforms yet....
ghettoperson
+1,943|6650

Why are they releasing it if it's not better/as stable as previous versions?
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6566|Area 51

ghettoperson wrote:

Why are they releasing it if it's not better/as stable as previous versions?
Think you could ask that very same question to Windows, when they released Vista
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
It's not coming out until summer, no? Plenty of time to improve stability.

I love Apple's ideology. "We have a great idea. Now let's spread it across all of our platforms and act like it's a huge thing when it hits another!"

And then "we have a huge idea...let's make a bigger version...or even better, a smaller version!"
Benzin
+576|6000

.Sup wrote:

CapnNismo wrote:

max wrote:

1 or 2 LEDs don't add much to the weight
hence the sarcasm

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard