jord
+2,382|6688|The North, beyond the wall.

Poseidon wrote:

Just the simple fact that someone doesn't know the ending to a prequel and then gets mad at people for talking aout it is absolutely hilarious.
The original game is like 10 years old. Its not outside the realms of possibility for people to forget the a facet of the story. Ugh.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6006|Belgium
Ok guys, I'm going to co-host a LAN with halo reach coming weekend, any ideas for some "fun" game mode ?
I saw some clips of stuff like golf on youtube but thats not really what I'm looking for
Any suggestions ?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6548|Long Island, New York

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

Just the simple fact that someone doesn't know the ending to a prequel and then gets mad at people for talking aout it is absolutely hilarious.
The original game is like 10 years old. Its not outside the realms of possibility for people to forget the a facet of the story. Ugh.
It's the very basis of the Halo storyline. To not know what happens to Reach is like not knowing about the Revolutionary War and being pissed when someone tells you the Americans won.
jord

Poseidon wrote:

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

It's the very basis of the Halo storyline. To not know what happens to Reach is like not knowing about the Revolutionary War and being pissed when someone tells you the Americans won.
You mean the English ex pats led by an ex English officer beat the overstretched British military with the help of some smelly Frenchmen?
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

jord wrote:

You mean the English ex pats led by an ex English officer beat the overstretched British military with the help of some smelly Frenchmen?
You know, when the Red Sox beat the Yankees in 2004 and won the World Series, I got over it pretty quickly.
jord

Poseidon wrote:

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

You know, when the Red Sox beat the Yankees in 2004 and won the World Series, I got over it pretty quickly.
Ya that's like 6 years though. I've only educated myself on that war about 2 years ago. It isn't taught at school.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

jord wrote:

Ya that's like 6 years though. I've only educated myself on that war about 2 years ago. It isn't taught at school.
most countries don't liek teaching which wars they got their ass kicked lol.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord

Cybargs wrote:

jord wrote:

Poseidon wrote:

No it just wasn't on the curriculum, I mean why would it be? It's one of like 100 wars britain has been in. Meh, patriotism is lame anyway, especially when you're being patriotic about a country that isn't even yours.

Sick burn.

Shifty and you, squad leaders in the us marines, go go go
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6747|Oxferd Ohire
so just because someone is an immigrant they cant support their country
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

jord wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

jord wrote:

No it just wasn't on the curriculum, I mean why would it be? It's one of like 100 wars britain has been in. Meh, patriotism is lame anyway, especially when you're being patriotic about a country that isn't even yours.

Sick burn.

lels good one jord

naw the american revolution isnt as glorified most americans would think. it started just coz a bunch of people bitching about the guvment when they were the ones causing problems... french and indian wars caused by colonists coz they kept pushing west when the crown told them not to and had to save their ass' later. bitching about taxes when it was hardly ever enforced.

its funny coz most americans would think 90% of peeps that time supported the revolution where most didnt give a fuck or even know about it.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jord
Lol
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

RTHKI wrote:

so just because someone is an immigrant they cant support their country
no shifty just thinks hes an american when hes fucking swiss. he even has a us flag as a backdrop ffs.
jord

Cybargs wrote:

jord wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Sick burn.

lels good one jord

naw the american revolution isnt as glorified most americans would think. it started just coz a bunch of people bitching about the guvment when they were the ones causing problems... french and indian wars caused by colonists coz they kept pushing west when the crown told them not to and had to save their ass' later. bitching about taxes when it was hardly ever enforced.

its funny coz most americans would think 90% of peeps that time supported the revolution where most didnt give a fuck or even know about it.
I wonder what the world would look like if we commited our full fighting force. No warman, no major_spittle, no mitch. Shifty would still exist of course but he'd be a swiss guy with a hardon for the foriegn legion of something
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

jord wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

jord wrote:

Sick burn.

lels good one jord

I wonder what the world would look like if we commited our full fighting force. No warman, no major_spittle, no mitch. Shifty would still exist of course but he'd be a swiss guy with a hardon for the foriegn legion of something
Empire would still dissolve tbh... regardless if the brits won the american revolution thered be a peaceful separation imo. but france wouldn't be as powerful during the Napoleonic years with the american resources backing the british empire...

Americans won coz they knew the landand brits had some major strategical fuck up and the yanks did run a good propaganda campaign.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
I had a feeling using the Revolutionary War in an analogy would be a poor choice.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6726

Poseidon wrote:

I had a feeling using the Revolutionary War in an analogy would be a poor choice.
yeah it derailed shit. but good point lelz.

its like getting pissed when someone tells you the germans lost in ww2.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6701|Devon, England
Anyone noticed all the changed game-modes? Seems they listened to my moaing (Which I never out-spoke of her and my friends).

FFA is now mainly FFA games, Infection has its own lobby, Firefight rounds can go on for longer and they added Co-Op Campaign to matchmaking.

I like it a lot better now.
Hope_is_lost117
Psy squad
+49|6006|Belgium

Hope_is_lost117 wrote:

Ok guys, I'm going to co-host a LAN with halo reach coming weekend, any ideas for some "fun" game mode ?
I saw some clips of stuff like golf on youtube but thats not really what I'm looking for
Any suggestions ?
Nobody ?
FFLink
There is.
Capture the Flag, Slayer, Team Slayer, Oddball, Firefight on hardest difficulty, Swat.

Those are what me and my friends would play
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6585|London
WOW. Even with autoaim or whatever this is immense for gamepad play.

iceman785
+93|6683|Alaska, mother fucker.
Reach doesn't have an auto-aim in it if I remember correctly.  It's just easy to get headshots in that game lol.
FFLink
There is.
It does have an auto-aim. Almost all console FPS' do.

It's a subtle feature, though, most of the time.
[-DER-]Omega
+188|6837|Lithuania
https://bf3s.com/sigs/fe717ed1eb823c939460a42f15bced7dd0057c51.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6782|PNW

Aries_37 wrote:

WOW. Even with autoaim or whatever this is immense for gamepad play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq5hZQ-p … eature=sub
That is SO slow and unimpressive. He missed like two near point blank shots and put it in a frag video. WTF.

Game is by far outpaced by the likes of Quake 3 Arena and Unreal Tournament 2004.

e: also -
iceman785
+93|6683|Alaska, mother fucker.
What the fuck.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard