Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Haven't been to the gym for about 2 weeks

Feel terribly guilty

Should really go tonight, but I'm just back from an 8 hour shift of training.. blehhh
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
pfft i havent been in about a month because work is on overdrive atm. Im thinking of changing gym anyway so that I can go atleast later and at the weekends at a reasonable time.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5735|Belgium
Dissapointing training today..

Did some shoulders, finished it up w/ shrugs then on to the calves.  Raped them as always. Then on to squats. Did 1.5x BW for 5 reps for 5 sets.

Was really looking forward to deadlifts though, as I had a great session last week. Loaded up 70KG (=BW) for a few warmup sets. Then decided to put on 120kg, which would put me close to 2xBW. I finished my set last week with 2x5x110KG so I figured I would've been able to make it.

Positioned my feet, pulled my chest out and tightened abs. Couldn't get it up.
Stepped away, tried again a minute later. Got it up only once. Dropped the weight back to 100KG and lifted 5. Then 110x5 and then 115x5x2.
Maybe I wasn't warmed up enough, but I was so keen on doing a full set at 2x BW
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

Jebus wrote:

Did some shoulders, finished it up w/ shrugs then on to the calves.  Raped them as always. Then on to squats. Did 1.5x BW for 5 reps for 5 sets.

Was really looking forward to deadlifts though, as I had a great session last week. Loaded up 70KG (=BW) for a few warmup sets. Then decided to put on 120kg, which would put me close to 2xBW. I finished my set last week with 2x5x110KG so I figured I would've been able to make it.

Stepped away, tried again a minute later. Got it up only once. Dropped the weight back to 100KG and lifted 5. Then 110x5 and then 115x5x2.
Tell me about it shits just weird sometimes I'm blaming my random diet!
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6566|Toronto-Canada

wah1188 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

fuck i thought i was the only one with inconsistent weight load.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
so how important is waiting a day between working muscle groups?

(I know it's really important, i just need reassurance because I get frustrated when I'm not sore the next day even when I pushed hard so I want to do the same things again but I know i must way a full day between workouts)

Just tell me again it's vital to muscle health and building...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

pirana6 wrote:

so how important is waiting a day between working muscle groups?

(I know it's really important, i just need reassurance because I get frustrated when I'm not sore the next day even when I pushed hard so I want to do the same things again but I know i must way a full day between workouts)

Just tell me again it's vital to muscle health and building...
your muscles need to rest to build up. its like cumming too many times in a day. not good.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

lxcpikiman wrote:

wah1188 wrote:

Jebus wrote:

fuck i thought i was the only one with inconsistent weight load.
I dunno I've been kind of annoyed at some stages. Like one week I would shoulder press a decent amount. I'd go to warm up next week looking to at least equal the amount I did last week. I can't even budge that shit! It's weird I've just bought some creatine hopefully that will help.
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma
A rest day is vital to muscle health and building
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

I've got some whey protein in the mail, so hopefully I'll see some results with that. It's best taken straight after your workout right? Should it be taken on rest days?
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma
Within 20mins after workout for best results, then up to an hour, then it doesn't matter when you take it IMO.
Take it on rest days if you have a lot and are really going for it.
I just use it after workout because I'm not so serious and I'm pretty cheap.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6630|The darkside of Denver

ghettoperson wrote:

I've got some whey protein in the mail, so hopefully I'll see some results with that. It's best taken straight after your workout right? Should it be taken on rest days?
Yes, its very advantageous to intake a protein shake within 30min of a lift.  You can use it other wise and on off days to suppliment protein intake.  Generally two shakes a day is plenty. You should be ingesting most protein with your diet.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
Take it as soon as possible after a work out and rest days is good too. Tbh I would be doing what my mate does (2 shakes a day) if I had enough milk, but I never have any.

Last edited by Vilham (2010-10-14 10:58:56)

ghettoperson
+1,943|6620

And how much protein should I be taking? I'm reading really conflicting stuff, from 1g per 1lb (I weight maybe 185lbs) to two shakes of 25g each.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

ghettoperson wrote:

And how much protein should I be taking? I'm reading really conflicting stuff, from 1g per 1lb (I weight maybe 185lbs) to two shakes of 25g each.
1g per 1lb is the general rule. but that's TOTAL protein intake a day afaik.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SonderKommando

Cybargs wrote:

ghettoperson wrote:

1g per 1lb is the general rule. but that's TOTAL protein intake a day afaik.
^this.
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6737|UK
ghetto 1.5g per kg. After a work out take two scoops, thats probably 60g which will have something like 50g of protein in it.

or perhaps its 2g, i cant remember

Last edited by Vilham (2010-10-14 11:20:58)

wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

ghettoperson wrote:

Sounds about right. Need about 20-25g of actual protein per serving and you should be ok.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
Just back from a workout

Not been in about two weeks so I took it easy. Did the bench press for the first time though, usually I'm alone so no spotter. Talked to a guy tonight and we spotted for each other. I managed 40KG, didn't want to push it any further. That's probably terrible, but like I say I was breaking myself back in
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6431|UK

Finray wrote:

Just back from a workout

Not been in about two weeks so I took it easy. Did the bench press for the first time though, usually I'm alone so no spotter. Talked to a guy tonight and we spotted for each other. I managed 40KG, didn't want to push it any further. That's probably terrible, but like I say I was breaking myself back in
Haha I realised today I've not seriously pushed myself for sometime. Like felt like I was going to actually die whilst lifting something. Going to have to go Raoul Moat tomorrow!
HaiBai
Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
+304|5455|Bolingbrook, Illinois

Vilham wrote:

Take it as soon as possible after a work out and rest days is good too. Tbh I would be doing what my mate does (2 shakes a day) if I had enough milk, but I never have any.
you don't need milk for a protein shake.  water works just as well if not better
Zimmer
Un Moderador
+1,688|6727|Scotland

HaiBai wrote:

Vilham wrote:

you don't need milk for a protein shake.  water works just as well if not better
Not if you want to gain weight well as well. Added to the fact that shakes taste like shit with water.
SenorToenails
Veritas et Scientia
+444|6101|North Tonawanda, NY
I mix mine with water and it doesn't taste bad at all.  It's not amazing, but then...it's a fucking protein shake.  It doesn't need to taste great, lol.
Jebus
Looking for my Scooper
+218|5735|Belgium
Progress pic:

https://imgur.com/5pxys.jpg

Taken with my cellphone camera, which obviously sucks, can't see anything
disregard pic :x
SonderKommando

Jebus wrote:

Progress pic:

http://imgur.com/5pxys.jpg

Taken with my cellphone camera, which obviously sucks, can't see anything
disregard pic :x
I can see a nice crease in your chest.  even with the shitty pic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard