Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343
Tale of Two Rallies --"One Nation" Liberals Trash Mall While Conservatives Left it Pristine
To hear people talk you would think the Liberals would be the ones to be respectful of others. They look down on conservatives but you can clearly see who delivers and who just talks a good game. For that matter who would you want to be your neighbor.

http://townhall.com/video/restoring-hon … -spotless/
http://leehernly.posterous.com/national … ring-honor
http://leehernly.amplify.com/2010/08/28 … nor-rally/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/3 … 99713.html

video Aeriel shots of both rallies

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI5XeYODggM

disgraceful disrespect of memorial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCcwXlvb … re=related

Over 500,000 Tea Party rally attendants over the weekend 8/28 left the mall spotless, free of trash and junk.
Photos of the Beck event clearly show a big crowd. Whatever the exact figure, there were a lot of people there. The area along the Reflecting Pool stretching out from the Lincoln Memorial was packed. Groups were gathered under trees far on either side. Large conglomerations of folks gathered all the way to the Washington Monument.

The crowd was big enough to disrupt Washington's subway system, with service from at least 12 stops disrupted due to long lines for entry.
Given that context, let’s wade into the numbers. Rally organizers, in applying for their permit, said they expected a crowd of up to 300,000. And on Sunday, after the rally, Network News organizations reported that the event drew 300,000 people on the low end, and perhaps as many as 650,000 people on the high end.

Rep. Michele Bachmann (R) of Minnesota, at her own rally held on the edges of Mr. Beck's event, said, “We’re not going to let anyone get away with saying there were less than a million here today because we were witnesses.”

However, a firm hired by CBS News to estimate the crowd put attendees at between 78,000 and 96,000. The firm, AirPhotosLive.com, had three estimators go over high-resolution aerial photos of the event, and then combined the three estimates.

As a participant that attended rally, everyone in the crowd was respectful of the environment as well as each other. We did not have to restore honor, because the honor comes from within the fabric of our DNA. We know how to be good stewards over what God gave us. This means love for country, environment, and others.

In stark contrast " The left " turned the capitol into a slum with an attendance of about one tenth the size.

http://jacksonville.com/forums/politics … hington-dc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Boh5DnsP6i4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AZ8nHHR … re=related
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6394|North Carolina
I think I'm beginning to understand why other countries find us fascinating.  We have 2 very theatrical political sides.  By contrast, the left and right in many other highly developed countries are a lot less into the whole red vs. blue thing.  Canadian politics seem rather dull in comparison, although with that dullness seems to come a much more levelheadedness.

But please, Hunter, entertain us more with this.  I'm sure the lefties trashed the place.  I'm not going to doubt that.  But do you really expect me to believe that the righties didn't?  Maybe they were cleaner about it, but it's kind of hard to believe that any crowd of people of this kind of size would leave an area clean.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
OK, but the Republicans did trash the economy and shit on the bed that is America's international reputation.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343

Turquoise wrote:

I think I'm beginning to understand why other countries find us fascinating.  We have 2 very theatrical political sides.  By contrast, the left and right in many other highly developed countries are a lot less into the whole red vs. blue thing.  Canadian politics seem rather dull in comparison, although with that dullness seems to come a much more levelheadedness.

But please, Hunter, entertain us more with this.  I'm sure the lefties trashed the place.  I'm not going to doubt that.  But do you really expect me to believe that the righties didn't?  Maybe they were cleaner about it, but it's kind of hard to believe that any crowd of people of this kind of size would leave an area clean.
watch the video, this apparently is not an isolated event,
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343

Dilbert_X wrote:

OK, but the Republicans did trash the economy and shit on the bed that is America's international reputation.
actually I think we are in deeper sh*t now than even a year ago,
Phrozenbot
+632|6604|do not disturb

Liberals exaggerated their turnout, and I think conservatives are exaggerating this by a bit too. Not one empty water bottle?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Paying interest on debts is no fun is it?
Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I believe we spent more in the last 2 years than all the other administrations combined.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-10-10 21:29:27)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6427

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

I believe we spent more in the last 2 years than all the other administrations combined.
Inheriting 2 mindfuckingly complex and expensive wars, a staggering uphill climb for employment, almost DOA economy, > 1 trillion deficit.  No matter what administration sat in power, money was damn sure gonna get spent, believe that.  Now it's a question about "paid by whom?"  And with rich people paying less and less on taxes, and taxing middle class equating to political suicide, just what exactly should we do? 

People say they want a smaller government and less welfare, when in reality, they only want a smaller government in areas they deem themselves safe.  Perfect example.  Drill Baby Drill.  "We want smaller government, don't tell us where to drill."  Spill Baby Spill.  "Where the fuck is our government?  Why haven't they flown in on jetpacks and cleaned this oil up overnight?  Why haven't I been paid for my business losses from the 'magical money pot' given by BP due to a strong government intervention"

2 sides, infinite actualities, a SHIT ton of gray area, and people whom agree on 85% of things in life arguing about the 15% they don't see eye to eye.  The game is created, the players have chosen sides, the Kings watch.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2010-10-11 00:37:18)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Why haven't I been paid for my business losses from the 'magical money pot' given by BP due to a strong government intervention"
Shouldn't the free market deal with this?

Let the businesses fold, let them sue BP, we can sit back and watch the lawyers get rich, see BP go under, BP shareholders will be more careful next time - govt doesn't need to be involved.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2010-10-11 00:41:51)

Turquoise
O Canada

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Inheriting 2 mindfuckingly complex and expensive wars, a staggering uphill climb for employment, almost DOA economy, > 1 trillion deficit.  No matter what administration sat in power, money was damn sure gonna get spent, believe that.  Now it's a question about "paid by whom?"  And with rich people paying less and less on taxes, and taxing middle class equating to political suicide, just what exactly should we do? 

People say they want a smaller government and less welfare, when in reality, they only want a smaller government in areas they deem themselves safe.  Perfect example.  Drill Baby Drill.  "We want smaller government, don't tell us where to drill."  Spill Baby Spill.  "Where the fuck is our government?  Why haven't they flown in on jetpacks and cleaned this oil up overnight?  Why haven't I been paid for my business losses from the 'magical money pot' given by BP due to a strong government intervention"

2 sides, infinite actualities, a SHIT ton of gray area, and people whom agree on 85% of things in life arguing about the 15% they don't see eye to eye.  The game is created, the players have chosen sides, the Kings watch.
Honestly, the only solution I see is moving.  It's just expensive and difficult in multiple ways to do that.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5247|foggy bottom
I want bigger government
Tu Stultus Es
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6399|'Murka

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Seriously. Enough with blaming THIS for the spending decisions Obama's administration has made. War costs of ~$130B per year. In comparison to overall federal budgets in excess of $1T per year, plus "stimulus" bills of ~$800B or so.

War spending is a drop in the budgetary bucket compared to all the other unfunded expenditures.

And the second point is simply factually incorrect.

https://www.american.com/graphics/2007/november/Guess%20Who%20Really%20Pays%20the%20Taxes.jpghttps://www.american.com/graphics/2007/november/RIch%20Pay%20More%20Under%20Bush%20Tax%20Cut.jpg
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
jord
+2,382|6667|The North, beyond the wall.
Oh well Conservative must be of the correct ideology and be perfectly capable of governing america..
Turquoise
O Canada

jord wrote:

Oh well Conservative must be of the correct ideology and be perfectly capable of governing america..
Indeed
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6570|SE London

Dilbert_X wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Why haven't I been paid for my business losses from the 'magical money pot' given by BP due to a strong government intervention"
Shouldn't the free market deal with this?

Let the businesses fold, let them sue BP, we can sit back and watch the lawyers get rich, see BP go under, BP shareholders will be more careful next time - govt doesn't need to be involved.

BP have set aside enough money to easily settle any number of court cases against them. They can soak up these costs easily - as you can see by their shareprice.

Just ask JohnG@lt.
Phrozenbot
+632|6604|do not disturb

The Iraq War Will Cost Us $3 Trillion, and Much More

That being said, the $800 billion bailout will cost us much more than $800 billion.

edit: oops

Last edited by Phrozenbot (2010-10-11 13:39:09)

Hunter/Jumper
+117|6343

oChaos.Haze wrote:

Hunter/Jumper wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

talk about derailing a thread with nonsense ~ Liberals are hypocrites, bottom line.

Last edited by Hunter/Jumper (2010-10-13 21:29:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard