FloppY_
­
+1,010|6278|Denmark aka Automotive Hell

Sisco wrote:

So, just played it for the first time with two friends. What a bitch the ending is. Who would have thought that sacrificing oneself can be that hard. Took us about 10 tries to actually finish it, and still all but one died... wtf
1st time I jumped in to sacrifice myself, and the bunch of morons who refered to themselves as my team did nothing but shoot whatever climed onto the stairs to the bridge, leaving me with no cover...

2nd try I covered a teammate from a better team and he made it all the way without getting hurt

3rd time I did the sacrificing and barely got touched on the way
­ Your thoughts, insights, and musings on this matter intrigue me
Sisco
grandmaster league revivalist
+493|6335

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

So, just played it for the first time with two friends. What a bitch the ending is. Who would have thought that sacrificing oneself can be that hard. Took us about 10 tries to actually finish it, and still all but one died... wtf
1st time I jumped in to sacrifice myself, and the bunch of morons who refered to themselves as my team did nothing but shoot whatever climed onto the stairs to the bridge, leaving me with no cover...

2nd try I covered a teammate from a better team and he made it all the way without getting hurt

Dunno, we tried it with running right as the bridge is lifted and got swarmed by regular zombies so fast that the three tanks had enough time to fuck the "sacrificer" up. same shit if we waited, the tanks and a gazillion of the zombies climbed the ladder.
The way we did it after all was pure luck, cause the AI Bill was dead, same with one of my friends and the other was on the ground getting pounded. I managed to start up the generator only because I used the last health pack to heal me to 90%, then jump from the bridge and stumble towards it.

Last edited by Sisco (2010-10-07 23:18:30)

https://www.abload.de/img/bf3-bf2ssig0250wvn.jpg
FloppY_
­

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Dunno, we tried it with running right as the bridge is lifted and got swarmed by regular zombies so fast that the three tanks had enough time to fuck the "sacrificer" up. same shit if we waited, the tanks and a gazillion of the zombies climbed the ladder.
The way we did it after all was pure luck, cause the AI Bill was dead, same with one of my friends and the other was on the ground getting pounded. I managed to start up the generator only because I used the last health pack to heal me to 90%, then jump from the bridge and stumble towards it.
Running through the bar can really help you out since you may avoid the main part of the horde...
Sisco
+493|6335

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Running through the bar can really help you out since you may avoid the main part of the horde...
Never even got that far. The moment one of us jumped down from the bridge, even if he was waiting at the lower part of the bridge, he got swarmed by a gazillion zombies. And the .50cal on the bridge turns out to be incredibly useless too.
FloppY_
­

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

Never even got that far. The moment one of us jumped down from the bridge, even if he was waiting at the lower part of the bridge, he got swarmed by a gazillion zombies. And the .50cal on the bridge turns out to be incredibly useless too.
Uhm... then you are doing it wrong, you should jump down from the machine gun emplacement... that way you won't have to run through 3 tanks and a gazillion zombies trying to get up

If you do that, then you should land close enough to touch the entrance to the bar

Last edited by FloppY_ (2010-10-08 02:01:47)

Sisco
+493|6335

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Uhm... then you are doing it wrong, you should jump down from the machine gun emplacement... that way you won't have to run through 3 tanks and a gazillion zombies trying to get up

If you do that, then you should land close enough to touch the entrance to the bar
Had that idea, but jumping down from the gun incapacitated me
FloppY_
­

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

wat
Sisco
+493|6335

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

wat
Yeah, except for the one time I used the healthpack to get me around 90hp...
FloppY_
­

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

wat
I don't even think I lost hp
Sisco
+493|6335

FloppY_ wrote:

Sisco wrote:

FloppY_ wrote:

wat
I don't even think I lost hp
Tried again and it worked much smoother this time. It seems the difference between taking damage from the jump is the actual jump. lol. Getting on the scaffolding and then walking down does no damage, while jumping from it does enough to injure you. And sice we got pounded before pretty good and panicked, everything went to shit.
Plus, walking through the bar makes things much easier! Thanks for that!
DefCon-17
Maple Syrup Faggot
+362|6148|Vancouver | Canada
Why do I always get sacrificed.

Is it possible to actually kill all tanks and kinda muck around, or do they just keep respawning?
Sisco
+493|6335

DefCon-17 wrote:

Is it possible to actually kill all tanks and kinda muck around, or do they just keep respawning?
I think they keep respawning. We once managed to kill 2 out of 4, with the last 2 dying the second one of us hit the generator, and there where still rocks flying at the generator.
BRiiNDED
+137|6116

DefCon-17 wrote:

I went on advanced with the 3 AI and managed to kill at least 7 or 8, mollys ftw. They just keep reapawning until someone sacrifices themselves.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard