bajatodd
+0|6659
I do not understand why I cannont get good performance out of my system. Here is what I have

P4 3.2 oc'ed to 3.5 on an ASUS P4PE800 E-Deluxe
2 gb Corsair Gaming RAM
XFX 7800 GS AGP
Audigy 2ZS
Clean install of XPSP2 on a SATA 2 300 gb drive.

500 Watt PS and plenty of fans to keep it cool.

My BF2 Detail settings are at 800x600 60hz  all Mediums and a few low's and 100% draw distance and no AA.

WTF?

I have upgraded all drivers and recently RMA'ed all major components listed. I have done the OPENAL trick and even have my video card OC'ed with CoolBits. I am on a Cable modem that gets good latency and I still get crap frame rates. Any Ideas? I don't know what else to try?
cmotdibbler
+19|6678|The pork thing inna bun stall.
Sometimes turning your AGP speed down to 4x can help.

Hope this helps.

Also try this thread by badhq. Some good tips in there.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22556

Last edited by cmotdibbler (2006-05-07 05:25:59)

BIGBADNOBBER
+1|6578
It will almost certainly be your Graphics card. I had 3 xfx 7800 gs xt cards before i got what i paid for. They had problems with the graphics chip from the start if you go to the XFX website you can RMA the card. they were great with me. if you still have the box look what version it is near the S/N if it 1.0 ,1.1 or 1.2 then that will be your problem, Hope this helps
bajatodd
+0|6659
OK. Thanks. I have already sent one of these back so I cant believe I have to do it again...
Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6645|Derby, England

cmotdibbler wrote:

Sometimes turning your AGP speed down to 4x can help.

Hope this helps.

Also try this thread by badhq. Some good tips in there.

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=22556
Just about to what i was gona say lol

+1
BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6785|London UK

all those posts are bullshit by the way.

If your getting a constant 30 fps it is because you system is capping your fps at that.

try turning v-sync off and see what happens...
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany
Hmm,too bad that the human eye can only see 16 fps...

I really don't see the importance of the tech hysteria,as long as the game runs fine it's ok with me.
Anybody here who can seriously see a difference between 30 fps and 55 fps??
iamtheoneneo
+16|6682
i thought the human eye caps at 27fps? hence why movies are normally 30fps.
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6579
Why the fuck would you buy a 7800 with an AGP connection? That's the biggest waste of money ever. Nub.
SuB
+50|6688

BUDFORCE wrote:

all those posts are bullshit by the way.

If your getting a constant 30 fps it is because you system is capping your fps at that.

try turning v-sync off and see what happens...
I agree try that first, fidle with your settings, you've probably forced some settings on without realising it.. bf2 DOES NOT like forced anything especially AA, default settings often force silly things like that on by default
rename ur BF2.exe to BF21.exe maybe?

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

I really don't see the importance of the tech hysteria,as long as the game runs fine it's ok with me.
its around 25fps and if you can't tell the difference in a game you have a serious eye exam due

[AK101] wrote:

Why the fuck would you buy a 7800 with an AGP connection? That's the biggest waste of money ever. Nub.
because fucknut, the agp bus STILL isn't saturated by it, and it still runs fine and isn't a whole lot slower than the PCI-E equivelent. NUB

Last edited by SuB (2006-05-07 15:35:33)

bajatodd
+0|6659
I have all my settings to application Controlled.  I turned off Vertical Sync. See if that works.

As for the joker with the nub comment (By the way its NOOB) NOOB!!  If you dont have anything productive to say then just keep on going. Don't flame my post for no reason.

AGP  holds a much larger market share of gaming rigs today than PCI-EX.

NOOB.
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6709|Germany

SuB wrote:

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

its around 25fps and if you can't tell the difference in a game you have a serious eye exam due
First of all,I wasn't really sure about the specific value,who cares about such things anyway,16,25,bla,bla,bla..

When you say yourself that it's around 25 fps - how can one tell the difference in the high fps area,huh?

And judging from your whole post I would say you seriously need a brain exam,dude.
[1stSSF]=Nuka=
Banned
+23|6762|PDX Metro Area, OR, US, SOL

iamtheoneneo wrote:

i thought the human eye caps at 27fps? hence why movies are normally 30fps.
You *might* want to consult google, wikipedia or other resources before you make comments. Movies are filed at 24 fps because that is just fast enough to fool the eye when the image is rapidly switched across a field of vision. On a digital display, where individual bits change rather than an entire frame across the field of vision, you have a completely different perception field.

Now, if you had said something like fps cannot exceed the refresh rate of the monitor (for CRTs), then it would make more sense...if you have a CRT set at game default of 60Hz, you can't get fps above that scan rate. Similarly, those folks who have LCDs and think that they are getting 300 fps should do that math...even the best LCDs aren't able to handle much over 125fps (8ms * 125=1 second)...so all of you who think you're getting more than 125 fps are generally mistaken.

Not only that, but by reducing to the maximum fps that your system (card and display) can handle will find that their systems run much more smoothly as you're not using more resources than you can actually SEE...

Just a hint...

Oh, and without googling, I seem to remember that 75fps on a digital monitor is about the threshold, but I'm too lazy to search at this point.
Maj.Do
+85|6764|good old CA
hmm i lag with 30 fps and i dont with 50fps so yea, also try taht turning the agp down to 4x .
bajatodd
+0|6659
For some reason with the nvida tool set it wont let me drop it to 4x. Where else can I drop it.
[AK101]
Banned
+15|6579
AGP mobos are generally using older technology (they will soon stop being made), and can't support 2 cards in SLI. You will have to upgrade your videocard to get better FPS when new games role around instead of buying another 7800.
SuB
+50|6688

[AK101] wrote:

AGP mobos are generally using older technology (they will soon stop being made), and can't support 2 cards in SLI. You will have to upgrade your videocard to get better FPS when new games role around instead of buying another 7800.
BUT not everyone can afford that, nor can they afford to get a new mobo, cpu, etc etc for a PCI-Express setup so.. to save money buy the BEST agp card out there which he's done.. end of story!

also dropping ur agp speed to 4x is an old trick which worked with the old ATi cards like the 96's and the 98's on some older systems, i doubt that will help much tbh, it's a setting i believe you can change in the bios if you want to try it.

Last edited by SuB (2006-05-08 05:11:20)

BUDFORCE
Moderator Emeritus
+76|6785|London UK

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Speak for yourself.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard