Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS
Well, for me, BF2 has crashed many times before, but this is getting out of hand.

In the BF2s gibson server - it crashes 5 times in 1 hour!

For numerous region: Couldn't render a file, filed to recieve ghostmanager, bits read different from expected...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
ExtremeSpy506
Code Red Pro Sniper Guy
+45|6682|Olympus Mons, Mars
Try one of these:
1. Refresh your Internet, whether Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer.
2. Restart Computer.
3. Delete all aplications you don't need.
Maybe one of these will work.

P.S.: Try using Mozilla Firefox instead of Intrenet Explorer.

Last edited by ExtremeSpy506 (2006-05-07 09:20:55)

Breez
AKA: badhq
+937|6676|Derby, England

Spark wrote:

Well, for me, BF2 has crashed many times before, but this is getting out of hand.

In the BF2s gibson server - it crashes 5 times in 1 hour!

For numerous region: Couldn't render a file, filed to recieve ghostmanager, bits read different from expected...
have you tried Reinstalling the game and what exacly error messiges u get ? do you crash to desktop ?

Peace Boris
Bigphillyed
+12|6666
I crash two three times a day! It crashes right to desktop, weird, no errors, no nothing just crash. I finally got the dreaded "Lost connection" problem solved and now this. I swear you fix one problem and another rises from the dirt.

I have AMD X2 7800GT 2GB Ram and plenty of water cooling. No unusual applications, this rig is for my gamin and music. I recently set up BF2 to run single core.

Anyone help us with these crappy crashes.
Bigphillyed
+12|6666
We are on crash 5 for the day !!!!!
Spark
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS
Hmm... I posted these before but:

The rendering failure:

https://f5.putfile.com/5/12702064187-thumb.jpg

The 'different from expected' bug (the actual numbers in the 'Text' section vary, I've seen 70-something, 50-something, 140-something):

https://f5.putfile.com/5/12702091545-thumb.jpg

The last bug is the same as the second one: except instead the 'Text' section simply states: 'failed to recieve ghostmanager'. It seems to happen most when I enter in a command: usually spawning, but sometimes it has happened when I fire and when I change kits (never at random!)
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6738|Vancouver BC Canada
I would say Reinstall, looks like a bad texture/model?

It looks to me like a bad install of your expansion pack, its looking fo the size of the line and finds it too bag so it wont read it. Reinstall and try it again.

It doesnt look like a resource problem.
Breez
+937|6676|Derby, England

Spark wrote:

Hmm... I posted these before but:

The rendering failure:

http://f5.putfile.com/5/12702064187-thumb.jpg

The 'different from expected' bug (the actual numbers in the 'Text' section vary, I've seen 70-something, 50-something, 140-something):

http://f5.putfile.com/5/12702091545-thumb.jpg

The last bug is the same as the second one: except instead the 'Text' section simply states: 'failed to recieve ghostmanager'. It seems to happen most when I enter in a command: usually spawning, but sometimes it has happened when I fire and when I change kits (never at random!)
Ok first try reinstalling SF2 then repatch it if u still get same error post back and I will give you dile you need to sort it out Peace Boris
Spark
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS
Don't have SF installed :S

This hadn't happened in two months - until I joined the Gibson server
~ Richard Feynman
Breez
+937|6676|Derby, England

Humm that looks like The Cd it self as its looking for it in D/ drive have yiou allready reisntalled BF2 ? and reinstalled new patch ?
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6738|Vancouver BC Canada
How does your Cd look? Is it all scratched up? Maybe its time to resurface?
Bigphillyed
+12|6666
I'm not an exact programming expert, but it seems the shading file for the HUD is corrupted, or missing. You have to be the first, for this. I haven't heard of this before! I would say re-install, as others have said (and we know its a pain in the ass, each patch most of us have had to do it). But before you reinstall, I would update your video driver just to be on the safe side. Just in case its some glitch with your driver. If you update driver after you may have problems.

Hope you get it worked out....
Spark
+874|6718|Canberra, AUS
D drive is the HARD DISK.

Sorry if that puts you off.
~ Richard Feynman

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard