gamerdude77
+0|6778
great website..i just figured how to make a leaderboard..n1

i'm getting used to flying the planes round a bit now but my bombing is a mile out, i was wondering if there is a way to set the single player so that the other teams plane is excluded from game so i can concentrate on practasing killing ground targets ?

thx.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6803

gamerdude77 wrote:

great website..i just figured how to make a leaderboard..n1

i'm getting used to flying the planes round a bit now but my bombing is a mile out, i was wondering if there is a way to set the single player so that the other teams plane is excluded from game so i can concentrate on practasing killing ground targets ?

thx.
make bots ultra dumb?
gamerdude77
+0|6778
i cannot see it anywhere in the options to alter the AI intelegence, is this somewhere on the main menu ?
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6803

gamerdude77 wrote:

i cannot see it anywhere in the options to alter the AI intelegence, is this somewhere on the main menu ?
i think they call it difficulty level... the easier i is the dumber they are
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6864|San Francisco

Just start a local multiplayer and practice on the random jeeps and tanks that spawn about. Then once you can hit targets that are stationary you should be good enough to go online and take passes at moving vehicles.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6778
Make sure you are using the crosshairs right.  It took me a while to figure it out, maybe I'm jsut an idiot though hehe.  Anyway, where that vertical line intersects the arced line on the HUD is where you want your target to be.  Keep in mind that fighter-bomber bombs are much more accurate than the fighter bombs.  The fighter-bombers are the two-seater planes.

Oh yea, and do what Self-Destruct said below, get some altitude, and do a bit of a dive bomb, dont just fly level and try to drop bombs.  But if you're gonna do that, make sure your mouse/joystick sensitivity is a bit turned up so that you can pull up in time.

Last edited by [Ahazi] Kaika (2005-10-23 19:05:09)

Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6778|Gilbert, Arizona
i have made the effort to watch my aviation-avid friend on his bombing prowess. the best thing is to go a little higher and dive at the target and release the bombs at high speed. but you better pull that sh*t up and make sure the geometry will let you do that. otherwise...just keep at it and make it a science of dropping bombs laterally.

but that's just how i do it. but i suck so i don't suggest it. take [Ahazi]'s advice.
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6830
Judgement wont take too long, just do a few practise runs. Make sure you hit C or whatever to check your six after you bomb to see where you could've improved.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6788|PNW

Something alot of dive-bombers don't try is high-altitude drops. You'll cover a larger area, which is better for taking out infantry. After practice, I can manage accurate drops from ~1300. If you must hit a smaller area but wish to retain altitude, just dive from 1300, hit afterburners and release at ~900. Level out and fly on. Also, if you can get three or four planes in one squad and chat back and forth with VOIP, you can add some organization to who attacks what alot better. It can help to find a clan and practice formation bombing and strafing.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-25 00:12:59)

tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6864|San Francisco

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Something alot of dive-bombers don't try is high-altitude drops. You'll cover a larger area, which is better for taking out infantry. After practice, I can manage accurate drops from ~1300. If you must hit a smaller area but wish to retain altitude, just dive from 1300, hit afterburners and release at ~900. Level out and fly on. Also, if you can get three or four planes in one squad and chat back and forth with VOIP, you can add some organization to who attacks what alot better. It can help to find a clan and practice formation bombing and strafing.
Sounds good, other than the fact that every plane in bf2 stalls out around 850 and goes into an uncontrollable spin/freefall until you get back below 850.
gamerdude77
+0|6778
thx for the feedback, some handy tips especially with the sights and the dive bombing, the only thing with doing on a single player and empty arena is that the targets dont show on the sights and u have to just do it visualy..

does anyone know a map i can download that just has planes on one side ?
dr4gonman
+0|6825
There is target symbology in the hud.  A square box in the hud represents an enemy vehicle.  A Square with an X in it represents a friendly vehicle.

Last edited by dr4gonman (2005-10-25 08:06:38)

gamerdude77
+0|6778
yeah but the trucks/tanks are nuetral until a soilder gets in them so they dont have any squares around them at all..

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard